Jump to content
DarshaPyasi1984

Ridiculous Article about dowry in sikhi

Recommended Posts

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-18/scourge-family-violence-in-hindu-and-sikh-communities/9257724

I cant believe this garbage. This is exactly why we need to stop intermarriages. They are not allowed in sikhi, and i hate how people are spoiing the sikhi name.

Some passages from the whole

Hinduism and Sikhism are much more individualistic and less formal religions than Christianity, Islam or Judaism, with less reliance on the words of scriptures or priests, so perpetrators from these communities are not inclined to justify their violence using texts, as they do in other religions, local anti-violence advocates say.

 

Advocates sounding the alarm over the level of abuse of Hindu and Sikh women say that in many communities, all-male clergy fear they will offend men, which makes them reticent about confronting a culture of "male entitlement" and holding perpetrators of family violence to account.

While Sikhism and Hinduism are distinct religions, there is intermingling among members of these faith communities which both originated in the Indian sub-continent and share historical practices affecting women's roles and status in society, including dowry-giving.

The entire article is really about how hindu religion supports dowry and how it is abused and etc... 

but the main problem is sikhi is dragged into the middle with no evidence. Just false claims. It just says how Hindu scriptures say it's ok to abuse women, but then they sikhi is similar with no evidence. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarshaPyasi1984 said:

They are not allowed in sikhi, and i hate how people are spoiing the sikhi name.

Just because something isn't allowed doesn't mean it doesn't happen, I've been to plenty of wedding where dowry was involved under some guise or another and these where amritdhari families, it's a shameful "cultural" practice.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, kcmidlands said:

Just because something isn't allowed doesn't mean it doesn't happen, I've been to plenty of wedding where dowry was involved under some guise or another and these where amritdhari families, it's a shameful "cultural" practice.

I'm sure you are speaking the truth.  What reason would you have to make up such lies only to curse those who are following the Guru. Those amritdharis are always pretending; keep speaking your gospel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, singhbj singh said:

images (3).jpg

Translation please. Not everybody can read 10 million languages like you. 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Translation please. Not everybody can read 10 million languages like you. 🤔

and some even refuse to read hindi on principle... like me 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DarshaPyasi1984 said:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-18/scourge-family-violence-in-hindu-and-sikh-communities/9257724

I cant believe this garbage. This is exactly why we need to stop intermarriages. They are not allowed in sikhi, and i hate how people are spoiing the sikhi name.

Some passages from the whole

Hinduism and Sikhism are much more individualistic and less formal religions than Christianity, Islam or Judaism, with less reliance on the words of scriptures or priests, so perpetrators from these communities are not inclined to justify their violence using texts, as they do in other religions, local anti-violence advocates say.

 

Advocates sounding the alarm over the level of abuse of Hindu and Sikh women say that in many communities, all-male clergy fear they will offend men, which makes them reticent about confronting a culture of "male entitlement" and holding perpetrators of family violence to account.

While Sikhism and Hinduism are distinct religions, there is intermingling among members of these faith communities which both originated in the Indian sub-continent and share historical practices affecting women's roles and status in society, including dowry-giving.

The entire article is really about how hindu religion supports dowry and how it is abused and etc... 

but the main problem is sikhi is dragged into the middle with no evidence. Just false claims. It just says how Hindu scriptures say it's ok to abuse women, but then they sikhi is similar with no evidence. 

 

number one thing to note is this one of a series of articles bashing religious faiths , so the writers are out to character assasinate all people of faith by tarring them with same crime as these examples when they admit that the two faiths frown and say clearly that misusing females leads to hell.

manusmitri is the bane of all humans in India not just hindus , as the majority's attitude  poisons those whose faiths have better concepts such as equality of man, non-abuse of females, education and promotion of individuals based on ability and talent not gender i.e. sikhi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, simran345 said:

Translation please. Not everybody can read 10 million languages like you. 🤔

vaheguru ji ka khalsa
vaheguru ji ki fateh, kaur ji

Agar Pyar Mein Paise Ki|
Ahamiyat Nehi Hoti Hain To Har|
Kahani Mein Ladki Ke Khvaabon Mein|
Koi RajKumar Hi Kyon Hota|
Hai?|

Kabhi Suna Hai Ki... Mere Sapno|
Ka Majdur, Baaraat Lekar|
Aayga|

Download Karo Ese Hi Mast|
Graphic... Doston Se Karo Share...|

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although such abuses do happen now and then it is not a wide spread problem especially in Sikh community its more a hindu and muslim centric problem as they rely on dowry in their religious scriptures and culturally its been going on for thousands of years. The abuses are a very tiny percentage there's probably more  domestic abuse cases in Australian white privileged gay relationships than all the ethnic minorities put together.

This article smacks of white privilege and covert racist dog whistling against ehtnic/religious minority communities the sad thing is asians/indains are too lazy to reply back to such white washed propaganda.

If minorities really wanted to expose the white western cultural disgusting practices and norms such as wide spread abuse from alcoholism. Domestic violence prevalent in white communities in homosexual couples too. The amount of single parent families in white households. The outrageous neglect of elderly by white communities... then list would be endless and the whites would be outraged enough to try and defend their negative cultural practices and counter bash minority communities.

It's long over due that time ethnic/religious community especially ours started to defend ourselves in the mainstream mass media produce counter pieces and counter propaganda against our accusers. otherwise this overt racism will just keep on happening. And next time you are looked at negatively for jobs, or in the street attacked cos of your faith or appearance it is because of such articles helped contribute to it.

Edited by superkaur
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×