Guest Guest

Hair

Guest Guest

I know this maybe really weird, but I was taking of my kurta and my Kara/sleeve got stuck because I didn't open the button, I pulled very hard to get the kurta of my arm/hand and I think I may have broken some hair. This sounds stupid but then again as a sikh you are not allowed to kill hair. 

Sikhs are also given buddhi to figure out such cases within seconds with depressing ourself with such questioning of our faith. We are not jaini type folks brother/sister. Do ardas and keep on sikhi in progressing !

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• We complain because we don't have enough Sikhs in politics. When we do have one we still complain because he's not a Mahapurkh. A generalisation that one could make is Sikhs in political power have not always adhered to maryada as strictly as janta. The same is true for many other communities, and just like Jagmeet they know where their loyalties lie - for the qaum. I find it hard to believe that his motives are otherwise. If they were, he would have been at an advantage had he still been a mona rather than an Amritdhari. While there's no doubt that Raajneeti from a Dharmic perspective should always contain elements of righteousness, the means to reaching the primary objective, which I believe in this case to be the betterment of the Sikh Qaum and amassing political influence and power to wield in the international arena, may well be outwardly adharmic. This especially applies at a personal level whereby one may be exempt from certain religious laws to serve the greater good. Executing Ranneeti and Raajneeti simply cannot be held to the standards of Rehat Maryada namely due to the fact that this is Kalyug. As stated in another post we cannot and should not expect the neetikaars to be pious and religious figures. Unless of course we're happy being personae non gratae forever. If it later becomes evident that his motivations, intentions, and loyalties lie elsewhere, by all means tear him down.
    • This exact question is in Asa Ki //...haumai kitho upjeh, kit sanjam eh jayee 
    •       Do you do Simran or Mool Mantar?    Don’t worry about this. As children we have all sorts of dreams which when we are younger have more of an impact on us remembering them. Because that was probably the first odd or chilling dream you had, so you remember it more. You have to stop being afraid of this, as I’m guessing you work yourself up and get anxious every year before that date. Even if you try not to, it still comes up as it’s been embedded for a long time. Tell your counsellor about this, he/she will help you to deal with the negativity of it that it has created.  You are going through a stressful time, but from what you are saying, he is not living with you. You need to make yourself strong internally and stand up to what he’s done. You need to think about yourself and your daughter and what’s best for you both, as he’s already left. Your in laws are probably feeling ashamed for their spoilt son? They do not have to compromise with his bad behaviour and how he’s treated you and your daughter.  I’m not sure what else to advise, as you are in this terrible situation, and only you know what you are going through, but I do hope things get better for you. Maybe contact one of the Sikh helplines?   
    • does it involve avoiding silver like the plague ?