Ive come across the damdami taksal sundar gutka app, but there are a lot of 1 star ratings saying that the gutka has MANY MANY mistakes in it, in almost all the banis.

The same goes for the Sundar gutka app made by Khalis Foundation. They also have a lot of 1 star reviews saying that many banis have mistakes in them.

Now i do not know which app to download as there could be mistakes in any of them. I can not do my nitnem with mistakes in the bani.

PLEASE could someone give me any app or even a pdf if you have to, of full nitnem and hopefully many dasam bania and other bani aswell in it WITHOUT any mistakes/spelling errors.

Would be much appreciated.

Edited by NonExistant

I use Sundar Gutka Damdami Taksal App on Apple iphone.

It has lots of banis along with Nitnem

• Like 1

or you can try Nitnem (with Audio) by Tarpinder Grewal.

Edited by SinghG

Which damdami Taksal app u use? U can try an app called gurbani unlimited if u haven’t already 

2 hours ago, Kaur72 said:

Which damdami Taksal app u use? U can try an app called gurbani unlimited if u haven’t already 

This is the one that i downloaded recently: 

Screenshot_2017-12-15-17-20-33.png

2 hours ago, SinghG said:

I use Sundar Gutka Damdami Taksal App on Apple iphone.

It has lots of banis along with Nitnem

It has a lot of mistakes though. Have u seen the reviews? I want one with NO mistakes what so ever.

If it is this one you are talking about:

Screenshot_2017-12-15-17-20-33.png

Edited by NonExistant

2 hours ago, Kaur72 said:

I just downloaded this one. Its seems ok. No one has complained about any mistakes, so i guess that confirms that its correct.

Screenshot_2017-12-15-17-43-23.png.b99522d9f4d8d3349f85addedd8312f7.png

But it doesnt have as many banis as the damdami taksal sundar gutka app though. I need way more bania than this. 

Edited by NonExistant

If the so called "mistakes" change the way the word is pronounced then that would be an issue.

If you have a word example, let's say "hello". We all know it is a greeting, however, if I wrote down 'helo' instead of 'hello' then I would know it is a mistake but I would also know that it is actually meant to say 'hello' (the greeting). 

You are meant to reflect, understand and apply the bani to your life. If you got a spelling mistake but same pronunciation you would still know which word it originally was and the meaning of the actual correct word.

Overall though all bani should be correct and written how it originally was.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

If the so called "mistakes" change the way the word is pronounced then that would be an issue.

If you have a word example, let's say "hello". We all know it is a greeting, however, if I wrote down 'helo' instead of 'hello' then I would know it is a mistake but I would also know that it is actually meant to say 'hello' (the greeting). 

You are meant to reflect, understand and apply the bani to your life. If you got a spelling mistake but same pronunciation you would still know which word it originally was and the meaning of the actual correct word.

Overall though all bani should be correct and written how it originally was.

Yeah I know, but i just want the bani to be 100% correct because lf im reading a new bani i want to memorise it. So if i memorise the incorrect version, then that's a problem. I cant go around doing a bani with wrong words and missing lines .

I want to memorise each akhar so i can write bani too and perfectly. 

Edited by NonExistant

46 minutes ago, NonExistant said:

Yeah I know, but i just want the bani to be 100% correct because lf im reading a new bani i want to memorise it. So if i memorise the incorrect version, then that's a problem. I cant go around doing a bani with wrong words and missing lines .

I want to memorise each akhar so i can write bani too and perfectly. 

What about the Hazoori Das Granthi pdf?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MrDoaba said:

What about the Hazoori Das Granthi pdf?

I think thats ok. I will probably read from there too. However, there is a difference in some of that bani in the pdf file of the Das Granthi Pothi. Japji sahib has a different writing. I saw a few words with addaks on them. I have never seen an addak there before in japji sahib. So there may be different versions on there with slight differences.

Edited by NonExistant

@NonExistantI'm intrigued, did you go by another username maybe more than one previously on this site?

WRT your question, any of the Taksal Gutke are usually there or thereabouts for accuracy, you will never find consistency and take it from experience, if you dwell on spotting mistakes you'll be stuck in a quagmire and no progression will take place.

There is no such thing as an error free modern Gutka as we have transposed the work of the perfect Guru into apps or printed works. inevitably faults creep in. I have Gutke from both Mehta and Bhindri (Bhinder Taksal) approved by Sant Jarnail Singh and Sant Mohan Singh respectively, and there are still discrepancies.  Listen carefully to Gurbani by Taksalis and there are differences. My yardstick for Nitnem banis was Sant Kartar Singh's audio recording and that's what I stick to.  

8 minutes ago, InderjitS said:

@NonExistantI'm intrigued, did you go by another username maybe more than one previously on this site?

WRT your question, any of the Taksal Gutke are usually there or thereabouts for accuracy, you will never find consistency and take it from experience, if you dwell on spotting mistakes you'll be stuck in a quagmire and no progression will take place.

There is no such thing as an error free modern Gutka as we have transposed the work of the perfect Guru into apps or printed works. inevitably faults creep in. I have Gutke from both Mehta and Bhindri (Bhinder Taksal) approved by Sant Jarnail Singh and Sant Mohan Singh respectively, and there are still discrepancies.  Listen carefully to Gurbani by Taksalis and there are differences. My yardstick for Nitnem banis was Sant Kartar Singh's audio recording and that's what I stick to.  

I got told that its bad to read gurbani that has mistakes cuz its imperfect or something. Oh well. Thanks for the info/advice.

Edited by NonExistant