Nihangs- obsolescence and onwards to oblivion.

13Mirch

1 hour ago, MrDoaba said:

Their FB page explains their new stance in no uncertain terms, has good points and carries much value. However, the anti-Samparda views are defo overkill, IMO of course.

And apologies, he's not a good guy. Punctuation error - amended.

Regarding sampradas, though, they seem to have a few good points. I mean they support jhatka and all that but not the people using it as an excuse for eating meat.

30 minutes ago, 13Mirch said:

Regarding sampradas, though, they seem to have a few good points. I mean they support jhatka and all that but not the people using it as an excuse for eating meat.

Granted they do have a very balanced and unbiased view, which is something many claim to have, but in fact do not.

But tbh, I don't know where all this is gonna get them. Doing such a 180 like they have is, in the words of Badal Senior, "committing political suicide".

Most of their discontent is with Nihangs, and they are entitled to their views some of which are valid too, but one is left wondering if something else has happened behind the scenes and whether it really is to do with their new-found concern for the Panth. Like I said sceptic.

They also generalising with their Samparda bashing. Although I'm biased here because my general view is pro-Sampardayee Sikhi.

Btw who exactly are the people they've cut ties with? Budha Dal UK or someone else? Or is this info not for public consumption?

3 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

Granted they do have a very balanced and unbiased view, which is something many claim to have, but in fact do not.

But tbh, I don't know where all this is gonna get them. Doing such a 180 like they have is, in the words of Badal Senior, "committing political suicide".

Most of their discontent is with Nihangs, and they are entitled to their views some of which are valid too, but one is left wondering if something else has happened behind the scenes and whether it really is to do with their new-found concern for the Panth. Like I said sceptic.

They also generalising with their Samparda bashing. Although I'm biased here because my general view is pro-Sampardayee Sikhi.

Btw who exactly are the people they've cut ties with? Budha Dal UK or someone else? Or is this info not for public consumption?

Possibly disillusionment?

9 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

That's a bit of a leap. Just because he's standing next to a woman, it does not automatically imply something scandalous is going on. And is he also not allowed to make money now either?

The only thing these supposedly panthic website know how to do is poison the well, something which our community seems to have a MA in.

I wonder if there's a Punjabi version of The Crucible?

as far as I know he has many streams of making money so no i have no problem with earning it's how he earns , if it brings pointing fingers on sikhi roop or does beadbhi of Guru ji, there are already too many others doing that for someone who knows better to start. As for my comment it was because the sangat of these yoginis seems to encourage the Singhs to do things which are frowned upon , like dragging Guru ji's saroop to places which are not suitable to host Guru ji or to monetize Gurbani kirtan and their roop(before you say it kirtaniyas perform in front of Guru ji and Sangat, not music festivals in concert halls) .3Ho have links with RSS swamis/guru so you can bet there is influence as we have seen in Niddar's case , probably again there will be something brewing will which show itself soon. i

6 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

Their FB page explains their new stance in no uncertain terms, has good points and carries much value. However, the anti-Samparda views are defo overkill, IMO of course.

And apologies, he's not a good guy. Punctuation error - amended.

where anti ? they just said they recognise their own failing to be impartial because of influences and their need to distance from said influences as it was skewing their output . What they said about Dal UK was even handed in terms of pointing out that backing up certain individuals meant they were trapped by it. Anyway calling on people to not rest on laurels of others' achievements is hardly against anyone it's just asking them to live up to their aspirations.

14 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

as far as I know he has many streams of making money so no i have no problem with earning it's how he earns , if it brings pointing fingers on sikhi roop or does beadbhi of Guru ji, there are already too many others doing that for someone who knows better to start. As for my comment it was because the sangat of these yoginis seems to encourage the Singhs to do things which are frowned upon , like dragging Guru ji's saroop to places which are not suitable to host Guru ji or to monetize Gurbani kirtan and their roop(before you say it kirtaniyas perform in front of Guru ji and Sangat, not music festivals in concert halls) .3Ho have links with RSS swamis/guru so you can bet there is influence as we have seen in Niddar's case , probably again there will be something brewing will which show itself soon. i

where anti ? they just said they recognise their own failing to be impartial because of influences and their need to distance from said influences as it was skewing their output . What they said about Dal UK was even handed in terms of pointing out that backing up certain individuals meant they were trapped by it. Anyway calling on people to not rest on laurels of others' achievements is hardly against anyone it's just asking them to live up to their aspirations.

If you scrutinize this "social media prachaar" trend where individuals or groups set up blogs/sites to analyze Sikhi, you will see several patterns emerging.

Initially you have what can be called the more idealistic sites such as Sikh Reality with it's prachaar of the Sri Sarbloh Granth. Such sites only provide a quixotic viewpoint from their own relevant associates and refuse to acknowledge any other analytical exegesis of their content. I am sure that if were to ask them to demarcate between allegory and praxis, regarding some of their posts, we will basically end up with the cliched moan of 'Sanataan Sikhi is far more superior than your Singh-Sabha Sikhi.' 

We then have Ramblings of a Sikh which caters to a broader audience, is analytical and deals with a range of issues. 

Come a bit further down we then have independent bloggers such as Ranveersp who personally share the fruits of their research online and are open to debate etc.

And then we have sites like Tisarpanth- 100% aggressive and terror to friend and foe both. They are right in your face and aren't afraid to criticize. I believe that the first category will always try to efface these last two categories because essentially they are at war with each other (in a general sort of way). 

13 hours ago, 13Mirch said:

If you scrutinize this "social media prachaar" trend where individuals or groups set up blogs/sites to analyze Sikhi, you will see several patterns emerging.

Initially you have what can be called the more idealistic sites such as Sikh Reality with it's prachaar of the Sri Sarbloh Granth. Such sites only provide a quixotic viewpoint from their own relevant associates and refuse to acknowledge any other analytical exegesis of their content. I am sure that if were to ask them to demarcate between allegory and praxis, regarding some of their posts, we will basically end up with the cliched moan of 'Sanataan Sikhi is far more superior than your Singh-Sabha Sikhi.' 

We then have Ramblings of a Sikh which caters to a broader audience, is analytical and deals with a range of issues. 

Come a bit further down we then have independent bloggers such as Ranveersp who personally share the fruits of their research online and are open to debate etc.

And then we have sites like Tisarpanth- 100% aggressive and terror to friend and foe both. They are right in your face and aren't afraid to criticize. I believe that the first category will always try to efface these last two categories because essentially they are at war with each other (in a general sort of way). 

i think Tisarpanth is like a bucket of freezing water over the sikh's head no matter what affiliation , it wakes them and makes them pay attention , in some ways i'm glad there is someone out there doing it because it makes ones think what am i doing , am i like this - lazy in introspection, action and rehit? the Sanataan-ist movement may give history a context but the average Jatinder is not well-read enough to differentiate between true ithihaas and misinterpretations to suit certain agendas  e.g. a kind of backing off from rejecting mythologies created to link sikhi to hindu deities like the chaar sahibzahidey thread recently .

I guess the best way it to read with a pinch of salt until we put it up against kasvasti of Gurbani and Gurhukham . 

On 12/16/2017 at 12:29 PM, lostconfussedsingh said:
On 12/18/2017 at 4:00 AM, jkvlondon said:

i think Tisarpanth is like a bucket of freezing water over the sikh's head no matter what affiliation , it wakes them and makes them pay attention , in some ways i'm glad there is someone out there doing it because it makes ones think what am i doing , am i like this - lazy in introspection, action and rehit? the Sanataan-ist movement may give history a context but the average Jatinder is not well-read enough to differentiate between true ithihaas and misinterpretations to suit certain agendas  e.g. a kind of backing off from rejecting mythologies created to link sikhi to hindu deities like the chaar sahibzahidey thread recently .

I guess the best way it to read with a pinch of salt until we put it up against kasvasti of Gurbani and Gurhukham . 

On 12/16/2017 at 7:06 PM, MrDoaba said:

Thats a mess all this violence you mentioned

They have gone on the attack again: