VISITING LONDON FROM SINGAPORE

Guest Gurpreet

Guest Gurpreet

WGKWGF

I came to visit my relatives in London, Redbridge area and staying with them for the last few days. I have been here before, around 20 years ago, but am I wrong, when I see every other shop is either Halal or Muslim owned? I am just making an observation, but we all know what happens when one community is the majority anywhere!!

Guest Jagsaw_Singh
On 12/11/2017 at 11:59 AM, Guest Gurpreet said:

WGKWGF

I came to visit my relatives in London, Redbridge area and staying with them for the last few days. I have been here before, around 20 years ago, but am I wrong, when I see every other shop is either Halal or Muslim owned? I am just making an observation, but we all know what happens when one community is the majority anywhere!!

If I had relatives in Williamsburg or Crown Heights Brooklyn and visited them I might come away with the feeling that New York is choc a bloc full to the brim with hassidic jew shops. If I was sensible about it though I would come to understand that it is normal to see hassidic jewish shops in a hassidic jewish area. If I visited relations in Singapore and they happened to live just off the Serangoon Road I might come away with the impression that Tamils make up the overwhelming population of Singapore and own 95% of the businesses in the country.Your relatives live in East London and that's where you stayed. The South Asian community in London is divided along these lines:

• East London (where you visited) = Muslims (Pakistanis and Bangladeshis)
  • West London = Sikhs
  • North West London, North London = Hindus (Gujaratis)
  • South London = Hindus (Tamils)

i.e. It is normal to see Muslim dominated shops and businesses in a Muslim dominated part of town.