AjeetSinghPunjabi

Thank you for all your help.. I will be leaving , atleast for now.

Na, Punjabi culture isn’t the problem. It’s ok to do all the meaningless rituals when somebody gets married.

1. Get some leaves from the garden and wave them over the head 20 times and slosh yellow gunge all over for ? For what ? 🤔

2. Then one gets married in the Gurdwara, but then run out immediately to go get drunk and transform into the Incredible Hulk. 

3. But bechari sister wasn’t allowed to come to the wedding because she married a tharkaan and not a Jatt, so she had to text the bride instead to congratulate her. 

4. Nobody wants Daaj, but still the outfits has to be the best, the venue has to be the one that has all the lighting effects and a lake next to it. The caterers have to be the same ones that Chinku’s family had. A car and motorcycle and tv and house will do.

5. No gifts please, as just put lots of £50 notes in the wedding cards and when you visit bring more then. 

6. Sorry we aren’t able to meet and greet you properly because we’re going to be too busy doing round round on the dance floor  and we don’t care if you’ve come all the way from Amrika afreeka or the Japani, we have to pose for the photographer like clowns. 

7. Just join in what we do, because we don’t know what we’re doing, but thaiyi says we have to otherwise it’s bad luck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, simran345 said:

But bechari sister wasn’t allowed to come to the wedding because she married a tharkaan and not a Jatt, so she had to text the bride instead...

Apologies for my digression, and naive question regarding tribes/castes, which of course have no place in Sikhi, but I’m curious and I can’t help it. Why do Jatts have problems with Tharkans? Aren’t they of the same social standing? My family is Khatri and we have our own stupid prejudices, but I always thought Jatts and Tharkhans got along. Is that not so?

Edited by TejS
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Na, Punjabi culture isn’t the problem. It’s ok to do all the meaningless rituals when somebody gets married.

1. Get some leaves from the garden and wave them over the head 20 times and slosh yellow gunge all over for ? For what ? 🤔

2. Then one gets married in the Gurdwara, but then run out immediately to go get drunk and transform into the Incredible Hulk. 

3. But bechari sister wasn’t allowed to come to the wedding because she married a tharkaan and not a Jatt, so she had to text the bride instead to congratulate her. 

4. Nobody wants Daaj, but still the outfits has to be the best, the venue has to be the one that has all the lighting effects and a lake next to it. The caterers have to be the same ones that Chinku’s family had. A car and motorcycle and tv and house will do.

5. No gifts please, as just put lots of £50 notes in the wedding cards and when you visit bring more then. 

6. Sorry we aren’t able to meet and greet you properly because we’re going to be too busy doing round round on the dance floor  and we don’t care if you’ve come all the way from Amrika afreeka or the Japani, we have to pose for the photographer like clowns. 

7. Just join in what we do, because we don’t know what we’re doing, but thaiyi says we have to otherwise it’s bad luck. 

8. Shower low value currency notes and coins over dancing people and groom and bride lol 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TejS said:

Apologies for my digression, and naive question regarding tribes/castes, which of course have no place in Sikhi, but I’m curious and I can’t help it. Why do Jatts have problems with Tharkans? Aren’t they of the same social standing? My family is Khatri and we have our own stupid prejudices, but I always thought Jatts and Tharkhans got along. Is that not so?

I wrote that as a sarcastic comment, as an example of caste discrimination. Could be any caste, but just to show how some people disown others for their caste. Makes no difference what caste one is, it’s the pettiness soch that is within our community that has these problems. Jatts and tharkans don’t have that much discrimination nowadays but years before if one didn’t marry into same caste then it was looked upon. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

8. Shower low value currency notes and coins over dancing people and groom and bride lol 

Yep this is the best one, can’t be a wedding without that one. But only in India, they hire people to collect them off the floor, whereas in UK, everybody does skip and miss. What a waste of notes. Well for the 4yr olds, maybe not 😂

• Haha 2

Oh and the new one, the 25th, 50th, 1st Anniversay, lohri, 18th, 21st, 10th, happy friendship day, happy hug day, do the same as above because we don’t know the difference and who cares if you bring the wrong card, just bring the Sagan 😛😎

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kira said:

You're deluded as usual. If you honestly think Punjabi culture isn't the problem with anything then you really do have your head buried in the sand.

The fact that Guru Sahib took avtar in the THE most rotten part of the world filled with vice and sin speaks enough for that. The fact that Punjabi culture was and is one the reasons why Sikhi is in such a state is the reason. If you honestly think Castism and Alcoholism with a bit of sexism is A-ok then I pray for you. 

vaheguru ji ka khalsa
vaheguru ji ki fateh

My ancestors were most likely punjabi vaishnavs, and in that sect alcoholism isnt a part of it. Alcohol in general in the religions of punjab were already shunned by a lot, you cant blame that on a culture when the religion says otherwise. Discrimination happens regardless of caste, it probably even happened before caste existed, people will find a reason to discriminate if they want to discriminate hard enough. Look at discrimination against people who are religious, but that doesnt mean religion should be bannedso discrimination wont happen. & it was not the most rotten part of the world, it was the part that was going through difficult times that recieved blessings. & Sikhi is in *such a state* cuz of politics, if political agendas didnt exist people would just follow what they think is right. People might say sexism still exists there even after sikhi flourished, but thats not our cultures fault, its the fault of individuals vices. Such as lobh, where people think raising a daughter isnt worth it cuz of the expenses. Or moh&ahankar, where people want a male heir. Please name a culture that doesnt have people with vice problems? Or will you stick to bashing just one. vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Preeet said:

vaheguru ji ka khalsa
vaheguru ji ki fateh

My ancestors were most likely punjabi vaishnavs, and in that sect alcoholism isnt a part of it. Alcohol in general in the religions of punjab were already shunned by a lot, you cant blame that on a culture when the religion says otherwise.

Culture and Religion are 2 separate entities. Stop mixing them together to promote your own love of Punjabism. Religion can influence Culture but punjabi culture predates Sikhism and all religions, If you remove religion, Culture will stay the same, hence its a separate identity.

Discrimination happens regardless of caste, it probably even happened before caste existed, people will find a reason to discriminate if they want to discriminate hard enough. Look at discrimination against people who are religious, but that doesnt mean religion should be bannedso discrimination wont happen. 

Except Castism amplifies it to monstrous levels, I know you love your caste but its one of the primal cause of discrimination in India. According to Bhai Gurdas it was THESE kind of divides that tore people apart, So there you have it.

Everyone here is aware how much you zealously defend the caste system because you think you know more than Puran Brahmgyanis.

. & it was not the most rotten part of the world, it was the part that was going through difficult times that recieved blessings.

Are you actually for real? The Christians and the west were going through a renaissance while Idiots in India were throwing themselves in front of chariots to get mukhti. 

The West was rediscovering the world was round and supported by gravity, while Hindus were telling everyone there's a bull holding it up. 

Punjab was the worst part of the world at that time.   

& Sikhi is in *such a state* cuz of politics, if political agendas didnt exist people would just follow what they think is right.

What an absolutely narrow way to try and defend Punjabi culture. Politics is a cause of it but it can actually be the cure for itself, Punjabism is doing a heck of a load more damage. The entire culture is promoting drinking,sexism and a rampant hedonistic lifestyle, are you really that blind that the film industry and music industry of punjab (that's a biproduct of Punjabi culture of that time) is promoting all this and you think its alright? it isn't the fault of one person, its the fault of Punjabism as a collective.

. People might say sexism still exists there even after sikhi flourished, but thats not our cultures fault, its the fault of individuals vices. Such as lobh, where people think raising a daughter isnt worth it cuz of the expenses. Or moh&ahankar, where people want a male he

It's Indian culture that said boys>girls. The fact that people were doing all this was due to Punjabi Culture.

r. Please name a culture that doesnt have people with vice problems? Or will you stick to bashing just one

Preeto as usual you're reading skills are really showing their weakness. Where have I said that Punjabi Culture is the only culture with problems. You're the one saying its not the cause of Sikhi's problems, yet history says it is. So what we're meant to gather from here is that History is wrong but you, being a proud Punjabi, is 100% right. I think you need to learn what Culture and Religion actually is. Stop mixing both together. 

Culture= the ideas, customs, and social behaviour of a particular people or society.

SO what you're now saying is that Punjabi Culture is pure and perfect. So perfect that Guru Sahib tore it down :) 

latest?cb=20170326044555

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I would never negate the harmful aspects of our culture on our collective and individual well-being, but honestly every culture and race has its deep-rooted problems that continue to grow over the generations because nobody is prepared to tackle these issues in a meaningful way. It's doom and gloom, but try stepping outside of your own mental headspace that's coloured by your perceptions and subjective experiences, and you'll realise every group has their unique problems and foibles. 

The frustration, I think, on the part of some Sikhs is due to the realisation that our religion is in most instances a stark opposite to our base culture. Escaping the almost inescapable clutches of a way of life that pervades our existence to the most philosophical levels of our daily existence, knowing full well there's a beautiful and soothing alternative in our grasp, is the struggle many of us wrestle with. 

Yet, not all of our ways are bad. That's a distinction the lazy, the arrogant self-haters, and the insecure seem to forget. Our job should be to minimise the negatives of our culture whilst increasing the positives through adherence to Sikhi in the correct manner. Substituting cultural fanaticism for religious fanaticism is NOT the way.

Edited by MisterrSingh
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I would never negate the harmful aspects of our culture on our collective and individual well-being, but honestly every culture and race has its deep-rooted problems that continue to grow over the generations because nobody is prepared to tackle these issues in a meaningful way. It's doom and gloom, but try stepping outside of your own mental headspace that's coloured by your perceptions and subjective experiences, and you'll realise every group has their unique problems and foibles. 

The frustration, I think, on the part of some Sikhs is due to the realisation that our religion is in most instances a stark opposite to our base culture. Escaping the almost inescapable clutches of a way of life that pervades our existence to the most philosophical levels of our daily existence, knowing full well there's a beautiful and soothing alternative in our grasp, is the struggle many of us wrestle with. 

Yet, not all of our ways are bad. That's a distinction the lazy, the arrogant self-haters, and the insecure seem to forget. Our job should be to minimise the negatives of our culture whilst increasing the positives through adherence to Sikhi in the correct manner. Substituting cultural fanaticism for religious fanaticism is NOT the way.

a senior citizen so well -read , so good mastery of english and analytical skill and yet then how can one forgive you for at times using homophobic slurs on this forum . What I wonder is your excuse for not reading on that and understanding your fellow humans ?   It seems hatred for gender atypical behaviors is far more deeply rooted.

Edited by AjeetSinghPunjabi
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

a senior citizen so well -read , so good mastery of english and analytical skill and yet then how can one forgive you for at times using homophobic slurs on this forum . What I wonder is your excuse for not reading on that and understanding your fellow humans ?   It seems hatred for gender atypical behaviors is far more deeply rooted.

• Confused 2

41 minutes ago, Kira said:

Culture and Religion are 2 separate entities. Stop mixing them together to promote your own love of Punjabism. Religion can influence Culture but punjabi culture predates Sikhism.

Except Castism amplifies it to monstrous levels, I know you love your caste but its one of the primal cause of discrimination in India. According to Bhai Gurdas it was THESE kind of divides that tore people apart, So there you have it.

Are you actually for real? The Christians and the west were going through a renaissance while Idiots in India were throwing themselves in front of chariots to get mukhti. 

The West was rediscovering the world was round and supported by gravity, while Hindus were telling everyone there's a bull holding it up. 

Punjab was the worst part of the world at that time.   

What an absolutely narrow way to try and defend Punjabi culture. Politics is a cause of it but Punjabism is doing a heck of a load more damage. The entire culture is promoting drinking,sexism and a rampant hedonistic lifestyle, are you really that blind that the film industry and music industry of punjab (that's a biproduct of Punjabi culture of that time) is promoting all this and you think its alright? it isn't the fault of one person, its the fault of Punjabism as a collective.

It's Indian culture that said boys>girls. The fact that people were doing all this was due to Punjabi Culture.

Preeto as usual you're reading skills are really showing their weakness. Where have I said that Punjabi Culture is the only culture with problems. You're the one saying its not the cause of Sikhi's problems, yet history says it is. So what we're meant to gather from here is that History is wrong but you, being a proud Punjabi, is 100% right. I think you need to learn what Culture and Religion actually is. Stop mixing both together. 

Culture= the ideas, customs, and social behaviour of a particular people or society.

SO what you're now saying is that Punjabi Culture is pure and perfect. So perfect that Guru Sahib tore it down :) 

vaheguru ji ka khalsa
vaheguru ji ki fateh

Religion is a major part of the culture, and decisions by the wise punjabis are made through religious teachings. I dont think caste is of much significance cuz we are all equal, its just different tribes. You are the one who is constantly talking about it with me, even pandit jis dont talk about it this much :p  Like I said, people can find ways to discriminate regardless of caste, but theres other things that cause discrimination more to people regardless of castes (ex looks and behavior). Just because a few weirdos may make sardar or sikh jokes does not mean our faith is the problem. Its peoples vices that are coming out of them that are causing problems. Look at saints for example, who can be better than them yet theres probably some odd people out there who have issues with their own vices which results in the weirdos doing nindya. As said before, our area was going through difficult times. I read somewhere that wherever there is too much goodness, then there is also too much badness which evens things out.. If there was the not so good, there was the good as well, singh ji. Alcohol and the weird film industry these days are not part of the teachings of my punjabi elders, its the influence from the west! People are trying to be *modern*, which means theyd stoop down to levels like these as well. Maybe culture equals that meaning in an athiestic society, but if its a society where religion plays a role in everyday life then religious ideas too merge with the idea of culture. Sri Guru Sahib ji came to bless us, and remind us of the right route that weve been following in other yugs as well, my friend. Only the areas with blessed kismats can have them reside in those areas. vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Edited by Preeet
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Meanwhile one more sikhni is eloping with a cut guy hahaha . you clowns deserve it . 

Keep being bitcches to britishers. I am sure they laugh at your backs . 

Edited by AjeetSinghPunjabi
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Meanwhile one more sikhni is eloping with a cut guy hahaha . you clowns deserve it . 

Keep being bitcches to britishers. I am sure they laugh at your backs.

I'll let you into a little secret: I hold our people in as much disdain as you do. I'm just not as bitter as you. You dislike Punjabis and Sikhs not due to some great differences of opinion in philosophy, but because your guilt prevents you from indulging your sexual desires. That's it. That's how basic you are. You can conceal your objections to our people in altruistic notions of spirituality and faith, but ultimately you resent your parents, your community, and your culture because they don't send you willingly into the bed of whichever man you happen to find attractive. 

Many gay and lesbian individuals from regressive eastern cultures lead gay lifestyles, but the difference between you and them is courage. You are a coward. You don't have the bravery to do the one thing you wish you could do more than anything else, and so you transfer this frustration to all of us. We symbolise, in your eyes, everything holding you back from the perfect life you dream of. Your parents are your biggest enemy. You resent their existence. I bet, in your darkest moments, you wish they would end up passing away in their sleep, allowing you the freedom to do indulge in whatever degeneracy you've been craving all your life. 

You're a coward. The problem is with you. You don't have the courage or the conviction to follow your heart, even though following your heart is probably the worst thing for you. You'd rather point fingers at the "injustice and hypocrisy" of our people than discard such things, and lead the life you've always desired. That's because, on some instinctual level that you've suppressed in amongst adhering to various conflicting modern ideologies, you know your behaviour is incorrect. That insight has stemmed from your admittedly impressive knowledge of Sikhi scripture, but you're trying to drown it all out, because it's at odds with the way you feel.

There's one solution: discard whatever remnants you cling to of your faith and leave your parents. Move away to another city, another state or another country. Be gay. Be happy. But you won't ever do it because you're a coward. So how is that our fault?

I'm not entering into a conversation with you. I really don't care. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Preeet said:

vaheguru ji ka khalsa
vaheguru ji ki fateh

Religion is a major part of the culture, and decisions by the wise punjabis are made through religious teachings.

No it isn't. If religion was a major part of Punjabi culture then then the current state of things wouldn't exist.

. I dont think caste is of much significance cuz we are all equal, its just different tribes. You are the one who is constantly talking about it with me, even pandit jis dont talk about it this much :p

So once again you reject the proposition from a Brahmgyani who said caste and tribe caused conflicts and divide and stick to your own manmats. Ok then. 

Like I said, people can find ways to discriminate regardless of caste, but theres other things that cause discrimination more to people regardless of castes (ex looks and behavior). Just because a few weirdos may make sardar or sikh jokes does not mean our faith is the problem. Its peoples vices that are coming out of them that are causing problems

We're discussing Punjabi culture here, all of things you mentioned (discrimination based on looks and behaviour) are all intertwined in Caste. Certain castes are called less good looking, are said to be weird etc all due to Caste bias. Again how is this all new to you, either you put your fingers in your ears and simply ignore it, or you think its right. 

Look at saints for example, who can be better than them yet theres probably some odd people out there who have issues with their own vices which results in the weirdos doing nindya. As said before, our area was going through difficult times. I read somewhere that wherever there is too much goodness, then there is also too much badness which evens things out.. If there was the not so good, there was the good as well, singh ji. 

ehhhhh what? You keep calling it a difficult time. After all for the people that died due to the stupidity of the Hindu Priest class and others, that was just aa "difficult" time. Other people in the world were flourishing but not us. Oh no. We were killing each other on stupid rituals, but dont worry its not their fault, just the peoples.

Alcohol and the weird film industry these days are not part of the teachings of my punjabi elders, its the influence from the west! People are trying to be *modern*, which means theyd stoop down to levels like these as well. 

Yeah no. Nice try but it's always been there,  Even as far back as Guru Sahib's time and then beyond.

Maybe culture equals that meaning in an athiestic society, but if its a society where religion plays a role in everyday life then religious ideas too merge with the idea of culture.

What? lol. Stop changing basic English because you're wrong. Culture will always exist even before religion. That's a fact, the meaning will always remain the same in any society, if that bothers you so much then go and create your own world and live in it, its apparent you already do in your head. Your stupid argument that religion will overpower culture is the absolute zenith of blindness. If Religion did play a major part in Punjabi culture then all of this cr@p wouldn't be happening. 

And yes it does predate the british invasion, People used to do drugs, drink and kill girls over sexism, and guess what? this was all during the time Sikhism was at its peek. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2