NonExistant

Are we allowed to Thank Waheguru?

I use to say "thank you waheguru" a lot everyday etc but stopped because i got told that im not suppose to do that because its "dualistic" and breaks oneness with waheguru.

Is saying "thank you waheguru" for things bad? Can i still say it because people keep saying that its dualistic and shouldn'tbe done. What do I do?

Edited by NonExistant
  • Like 1

allowed*

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NonExistant said:

I use to say "thank you waheguru" a lot everyday etc but stopped because i got told that im not suppose to do that because its "dualistic" and breaks oneness with waheguru.

Is saying "thank you waheguru" for things bad? Can i still say it because people keep saying that its dualistic and shouldn'tbe done. What do I do?

Saying thank you to God is good and should be encouraged. When you say it once, God hears it. So don’t worry about saying it so many times ritualistically, as long as it’s from your heart and with sincerity, God is all knowing. 

• Like 4

Say thank you / shukaraan to Waheguru Ji as many times as you can. Never stop saying it, does He ever stop giving us? Does He ever stop forgiving us ? Does He ever stop loving us ? So why would we not say Thanks You?

Why is it duality ? He is your father, Gurbani says this time and time again so why wouldn't we thank our Father who gives us so much? 

Edited by Bundha
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, NonExistant said:

Some people are too philosophical for their own good. You should ask these people who are supposedly free from "dualism" whether they had breakfast today. If so, why? Did they go to work? If so, why? Won't Waheguru just feed them regardless? Why make those special efforts? Why feed yourself when there are 7 billion people out there? Do they think they are apart from the rest of creation, or Waheguru? Is that not dualistic? Your friends should get a clue.

The main thrust of Gurbani is to get people to be thankful for what they have!

ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਦਿਤਾ ਖਾਵਣਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਕਹੀਐ ਸਾਬਾਸਿ   

Let us all celebrate Him, from whom we receive our nourishment.  

ਜਿਸਕਾ ਦੀਆ ਹਮੇਸਾ ਖਾਣਾ ਹੈ ਤਿਸ ਕਾ ਧੰਨ੍ਯਬਾਦ ਕਰੀਏ॥

(p474)

Faridkot teeka: "From whom we always eat, we should thank."

The person who doesn't say thank you is the worst person on Earth:

ਭਾਰੇ ਭੁਈਂ ਅਕਿਰਤਘਣ ਮੰਦੀ ਹੂ ਮੰਦੇ ॥੮॥

Bhaaray Bhueen Akirataghan Mandee Hoo Manday |

In fact the ungrateful person is burden on earth and he is evil of evils.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੩੫ ਪਉੜੀ ੮ ਪੰ. ੬

Sounds like your "non-dualistic" friends who don't say thank you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, NonExistant said:

Do not mind such people at all, for they themselves are a living example of being "dualistic", thus they are very much in braham.

To say shukur hae tera Wahiguru as much as possible, is nothing but just a humble expression of deep gratitude, to the Highest, Akal purukh.

He who has given us so much, even inhaling and exhaling pranas, which is very important for us being alive, is due to His kirpa, as well as all our intercations with the world.

So what bad is there, to be thankful to him? When even our barambaar shukurana is not enough at all, for all His excellence on us, is far more infinite, than our feeble words of gratitude, but then, even that is accepted by the most graceful : Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Suppose one is blind, and gets a donation of eyes from some one, does he or she not be grateful to the donator?  Maybe the donator may depart, but then too, the reciever, is grateful from the bottom of the heart, for the rest of the life.

Similarly, Wahiguru has given us this priceless human form, thus giving us the chance to liberate ourselves along with His Kirpa, from the wheel of 84, for which even devtays, gods,  yearn for, to become one with Him.

We can go on singing and counting His large list of blessings for quite some time on us, so, is that not more than enough, to be thankful to Him.

Shame on such people, who utter such nonsense.... It is wisely said :man is the most unfaithful being.

NonExistant Jee, do not worry for what the foolish manmukhs say with their nonsense, just keep being faithful and grateful to Him,  as you already are.

God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000
  • Like 3

If gurbani says the biggest curse is to be aghiratkhan it is clear being humble and in a permanent state of gratitude come what may is to be encouraged
Personally I am preemptively thankful for even the difficult lessons I know will come and pray for sabar to develop sumat from them ...it is a good place to be 

• Like 1

Adding to what @jkvlondon said about akirtghan and exactly how bad it is:

ਨਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਰੇ ਪਰਬਤਾਂ ਅਸਮਾਨ ਖਹੰਦੇ।

Naa Tisu Bhaaray Prabataan Asamaan Khahanday |

The sky-touching mountains also are not of much weight (than the ungrateful person).

ਨਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਰੇ ਕੋਟ ਗੜ੍ਹ ਘਰਬਾਰ ਦਿਸੰਦੇ।

Naa Tisu Bhaaray Kot Garhh Ghar Baar Disanday |

The visible forts are also not as weighty as he (the ungrateful person) is;

ਨਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਰੇ ਸਾਇਰਾਂ ਨਦ ਵਾਹ ਵਹੰਦੇ।

Naa Tisu Bhaaray Saairaan Nad Vaah Vahanday |

those oceans in which will the rivers merge are also not as heavy as he is;

ਨਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਰੇ ਤਰੁਵਰਾਂ ਫਲ ਸੁਫਲ ਫਲੰਦੇ।

Naa Tisu Bhaaray Taruvaraan Fal Suphal Faladay |

the fruit laden trees are also not as heavy as he is

ਨਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਰੇ ਜੀਅਜੰਤ ਅਣਗਣਤ ਫਿਰੰਦੇ।

Naa Tisu Bhaaray Jeea Jant Anaganat Firanday |

and nor those innumerable creatures are as heavy as he is.

ਭਾਰੇ ਭੁਈਂ ਅਕਿਰਤਘਣ ਮੰਦੀ ਹੂ ਮੰਦੇ ॥੮॥

Bhaaray Bhueen Akirataghan Mandee Hoo Manday |

In fact the ungrateful person is burden on earth and he is evil of evils.

• Like 1

I just had a day (yesterday until early this morning) where He arranged every single detail so intricately and so perfectly that the things I needed to do worked out so well.. It was nothing short of a miracle. The odds of me getting through yesterday and doing what I was supposed to do were extremely low and I was shocked it actually worked out. 

When I came home I lay on the floor with hands folder and thanked him, I couldn't thank Him enough. 

Most of us have no idea how fortunate we are for So Many things that we take for granted. In the hereafter, we'll understand. 

Edited by LightofNaam
  • Like 1