Guest Guest

Egg

Guest Guest

I was at my firend birthday party and the cake had egg in it, I just fed him the cake, I didn't eat it. What do I do? Peshi? Or should I do ardass

If you were given the official Akal Takth Maryada then you wouldn't need to go pesh because it is not halal/kosher and you didn't even eat it. 

If you were given orders not to eat meat then since you didn't eat it you are fine, just wash your hands and do an ardas if it helps make you feel better.

If your friend was amritdhari, he wouldn't even need to go pesh because it was unintentional. He is not liable to any punishment.

• Like 1

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

You should be alright, you won't need to go pesh. You can still do an ardas if you feel bad.

VJKK VJKF

23 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I was at my firend birthday party and the cake had egg in it, I just fed him the cake, I didn't eat it. What do I do? Peshi? Or should I do ardass

Just repent sincerely within yourself for that unconsciouss act of yours, and next time open your eyes widely on such occasions, so that nothing alike happens again.

Now, words impress Him not so much as action can do, so if you really want His forgiveness, do what he likes most, do His simran(Wahiguru), for that is what He wants, and that is what the Bani says: :

ਹਿਰ  ਕ  ਨਾਮੁ  ਕੋਿਟ  ਪਾਪ  ਖੋਵੈ

Har kaa naam kot paap khovai.

The Name of the Lord erases millions of sins.
The Bani can not be more simple and clear, it says, that, not only some few sins can be washed away, but millions of them can be erased only by His simran, then why do we engage in our manmat, and do not, this what the Bani tells us again and again to do.
It seems, we feel we know more than Guru Jee.
How shameless, we are.
Stay blessed.
Sat Sree Akal.
  • Like 3

Guest London jwaan

I really wouldnt give it a second thought. When you handle bank notes or touch handles you don't know what other people have touched before handling them.

Is not like you ate a three egg omelette with ham and mushrooms......

16 hours ago, TaksalDaSingh9771 said:

Just do a choupai sahib path (sampooran) and do ardas if you feel like it was wrong

Why is it necessary if it is sampooran or not?

15 hours ago, Guest London jwaan said:

I really wouldnt give it a second thought. When you handle bank notes or touch handles you don't know what other people have touched before handling them.

Is not like you ate a three egg omelette with ham and mushrooms......

Again, it depends on which maryada you were given to follow.

Guest Kaur 2
17 hours ago, TaksalDaSingh9771 said:
21 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

My firend wasn't amritdhari, but I am, he was a muslim. 

Just do a choupai sahib path (sampooran) and do ardas if you feel like it was wrong

VJKK VJKF

Yeh, if you feel bad about it then just do chaupai sahib and ardas, you should be fine. :) 

VJKK VJKF

Dietary rules (except prohibition on halaal/kosher meat) is not rigid in sikhism. I know of a nice amritdhari gursikh , who has eggs in his refrigerator and his 2 sons both amritdhari cooked it in front of me for breakfast while akhaand paath was going in their home. 

The son , was jokingly uttering "raam raam raam" while breaking the eggs , ridiculing the sikhs who have a pandit-like view on vegetarianism. So handling eggs is ok , one is not sure even if eating is ok , especially when sikhs do ritually eat jhatka meat.

Some even say meat used to be part of langar during Guru Angad/Amardas ji's time. 

Edited by AjeetSinghPunjabi

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.