Please tell me how I can advise my amritdhari friend

Guest Jatinder

Guest Jatinder

About 2 years ago if you had met my friend (who I’ll just call singh) you would have thought he Is your average good looking, popular and misbehaving lustful teenage boy. Singh shocked us all recently by leaving all the popularity from girls and abandoning his good looks to becoming an amritdhari singh, so I thought. Sangat ji I’m not amritdhari, nor keshdari but I have respect for guru Jis image. Singh and I before used to chase after girls and go out to party’s, even though the party’s have stoped, he is still talking to girls.

true, girls come and talk to him first but it’s so obvious that he is flirting back. He talks to so many girls in a flirty way and they always give him attention vice versa. I just recently went on his phone in sixth from and he’s been talking to this one girl on Snapchat a lot. He still does his nitnem and wakes up amritvela, but his habit of talking to girls hasn’t gone.

Sangat ji, please tell me how I can advise him, I don’t want him slipping off the path, I know it’s funny coming from me (a person who isn’t on the path in the first place) but I don’t want him to leave Sikhi over girls, as I have seen this happen in my own family. How can I advise him to stay away from girls, when they are the ones who come and talk to him first or comment on his looks. I’ve known Singh all my life, I don’t want to offend him in anyway.

Please help

If I were you, i would gift him the book From manmukh to Gurmukh and say it was because you are impressed with his decision to take Amrit. or just refer him to the pdf. 

Then wait a bit like 2 weeks then casually  ask him if he has read the bit about Bhai Rama Ji burning in hell and why he had to suffer for it.

WJKK WJKF

I suggest you try confronting him so he see's what other people see. If he thinks he is doing great while others see he is lustful as an Amritdhari then that can cause a lot of issues because later on, he might break a bajjar kurehit.

I would also suggest what @sikhni777 suggested, send some videos and gurbani quotes that could change him.

If nothing works, leave him be. If he breaks anything and falls off the path of Sikhi then that's his fault. He will be the one that will regret later on.

21 hours ago, Guest Jatinder said:

About 2 years ago if you had met my friend (who I’ll just call singh) you would have thought he Is your average good looking, popular and misbehaving lustful teenage boy. Singh shocked us all recently by leaving all the popularity from girls and abandoning his good looks to becoming an amritdhari singh, so I thought. Sangat ji I’m not amritdhari, nor keshdari but I have respect for guru Jis image. Singh and I before used to chase after girls and go out to party’s, even though the party’s have stoped, he is still talking to girls.

true, girls come and talk to him first but it’s so obvious that he is flirting back. He talks to so many girls in a flirty way and they always give him attention vice versa. I just recently went on his phone in sixth from and he’s been talking to this one girl on Snapchat a lot. He still does his nitnem and wakes up amritvela, but his habit of talking to girls hasn’t gone.

Sangat ji, please tell me how I can advise him, I don’t want him slipping off the path, I know it’s funny coming from me (a person who isn’t on the path in the first place) but I don’t want him to leave Sikhi over girls, as I have seen this happen in my own family. How can I advise him to stay away from girls, when they are the ones who come and talk to him first or comment on his looks. I’ve known Singh all my life, I don’t want to offend him in anyway.

Please help

A guy who takes amrit isn't abandoning his good looks. That's a silly comment to make.