My little brother

Guest Arshdeep Kaur

Guest Arshdeep Kaur

Dear Sangath Ji,

I write this with great sadness but more as a warning to Sangaath all over especially the UK. My 18 year old brother, an intelligent brother has been brainwashed completely by his <banned word filter activated> friends at the college. He was not amritdhari but he kept his kesh and knew his Sikhi tradition and history than most adults in the Sikh community. Yet, for the last 6 months he has completely changed especially after coming from a trip to the south of spain (Granada) with his muzzi friends. He took pictures in muslim temple in spain and was wearing the long white dress that they wear when to go to pray. When i confronted him, he said he's still a Sikh and better one because now, he doesn't use tobacco or drink alcohol or sleeps around with girls and doesn't make my mother cry from worries! But the way he is with his muzzy friends, people think he's a muzzy too! I am so worried, because he is still my little brother, and I fear loosing him to that cult! Sannagth ji please advise as I do not know how to talk to him because I do not even know much about sikhi myself. I am writing this as warning, because if this can happen to my brother than it can happen to yours too! I have spoken to my mum, and she already had a feeling, but we cannot tell our father because he is not well. Please remember us in this difficult times.

• The topic was locked