Connection to Sikhi

Guest believer

Guest believer

Hello members,

I am 22 years old girl, I come from a non sikh background and I discovered sikhi 2 years ago and that time is was my curiosity to know more about it but now since past few months I have developed a connection and I consider myself a sikh, and I am keeping my hair as well and have removed my earrings too.. because sikhs honor the body as it is , still I have so much more to learn , basics of sikhi on YouTube have been very informative. Other than that I read books on different subjects.. but I do not yet have any prayer book because I feel like I can not keep it with proper care and respect yet. And I have been trying to learn gurmukhi as well.. so basically I have issues with following things.. 

1. I have not shared this thing with parents or other family because I feel they might not like it.

2. How do I make myself strong? 

On 30/11/2017 at 1:02 PM, Guest believer said:

Hello members,

I am 22 years old girl, I come from a non sikh background and I discovered sikhi 2 years ago and that time is was my curiosity to know more about it but now since past few months I have developed a connection and I consider myself a sikh, and I am keeping my hair as well and have removed my earrings too.. because sikhs honor the body as it is , still I have so much more to learn , basics of sikhi on YouTube have been very informative. Other than that I read books on different subjects.. but I do not yet have any prayer book because I feel like I can not keep it with proper care and respect yet. And I have been trying to learn gurmukhi as well.. so basically I have issues with following things.. 

1. I have not shared this thing with parents or other family because I feel they might not like it.

2. How do I make myself strong? 

Guest believer Pen Jee,

1) Do not fear at telling them the truth, for you are not joining any cult, but, the path  of spirituality, the reality for which any religion looks for, but that reality is realized through Sikhee alone.

2) Well sister, we are all weak and dumb, one can never ever become strong just like that, there is no magic stick so to say.

To really become strong, one needs to associate oneself with the True strong being, which is none other than Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Just do the simran of Wahiguru, Wahiguru, and you will be surrounded by His kirpa, which has manifold blessings on us human beings.

One is strong, when there is no mind, and the mind can only be defeated, by His potence, through His simran.

Stay blessed.

Sat Sree Akal.