Marriage Problems

Guest Lioness_Tornonto

Guest Lioness_Tornonto

WGKWGF

Sangath Ji,

My elder sister is graduate from a top UK university, with masters in international law. She's trying to settle down, but having very difficult times. She has inordinate growth of kesh on her face (light beard/mustache) and a lot of kesh on her back and arms. She doesn't want to treat it, because she accepts that this is God's plan and divine hukam but she is now reaching late 30's and extremely sad that she's so successful in terms of education but she having so much trouble settling down. Even Amrithdhari men not interested. She is so sad. Please advise us and pray for my sister.

Guest The cosmos

Maybe she is not destined to be married or the right guy is not yet on the scene. Either way it's not the end of the world & praying for her is not going to make a rishta appear out of the sky.

Everything in life happens for a reason & at the right time & only if it's supposed to.

12 hours ago, Guest The cosmos said:

Maybe she is not destined to be married or the right guy is not yet on the scene. Either way it's not the end of the world & praying for her is not going to make a rishta appear out of the sky.

Everything in life happens for a reason & at the right time & only if it's supposed to.

There's nothing more to be said. Honest and succinct. Great post. 

5 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

There's nothing more to be said. Honest and succinct. Great post. 

Does this mean she might even be paying the unavoidable price for a bad karma in the previous life? 

4 hours ago, Guest G-Kaur said:

Does this mean she might even be paying the unavoidable price for a bad karma in the previous life? 

Not necessarily. Have you considered the possibility that she's being spared a darker fate? If she is as devoted to Sikhi as you say she is, don't you think someone might be looking out for her? Granted, it would be denying her the one thing on which our culture places such a heavy value, but if the alternative is a life of heartache that could be avoided by following hukam, then why feel sad? Surely that would suggest she's in God's good graces. I'm speculating. Nobody really knows the mystery behind such matters. I'd just keep trying, and if it happens, great, but if not, accept the outcome, and get on with life.

4 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Granted, it would be denying her the one thing on which our culture places such a heavy value

Remember our cultures (like most shamelessly conservative cultures around the world) willingly deny many a this joy of life ! 

its nothing short than cruelty . I have wished a meteor on humanity sometimes. 

17 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Not necessarily. Have you considered the possibility that she's being spared a darker fate? If she is as devoted to Sikhi as you say she is, don't you think someone might be looking out for her? Granted, it would be denying her the one thing on which our culture places such a heavy value, but if the alternative is a life of heartache that could be avoided by following hukam, then why feel sad? Surely that would suggest she's in God's good graces. I'm speculating. Nobody really knows the mystery behind such matters. I'd just keep trying, and if it happens, great, but if not, accept the outcome, and get on with life.

"Spared a darker fate"? Well that's pure speculation, however it is absolutely definite that what ever's happening now, we are simply reaping what has been sown in the past. 

"it would be denying her the one thing on which our culture places such a heavy value"?

Doesn't Sikhi and the teachings of our Gurus also places values and utmost importance too? A Sikh woman is not just an individual but a mother of a nation, right? But accepting and just getting on with lives is definitely easier said than done, but you could only make such thoughtless statements because your sister or daughter is not going through the ordeal. You might experience a paradigm shift if you live with one of your own who is going through such conditions in this day and age. Until then we can all preach.

16 hours ago, Guest G_Kaur said:

"Spared a darker fate"? Well that's pure speculation, however it is absolutely definite that what ever's happening now, we are simply reaping what has been sown in the past. 

"it would be denying her the one thing on which our culture places such a heavy value"?

Doesn't Sikhi and the teachings of our Gurus also places values and utmost importance too? A Sikh woman is not just an individual but a mother of a nation, right? But accepting and just getting on with lives is definitely easier said than done, but you could only make such thoughtless statements because your sister or daughter is not going through the ordeal. You might experience a paradigm shift if you live with one of your own who is going through such conditions in this day and age. Until then we can all preach.

You've grabbed the wrong end of the stick, like, 100%, but that's par for the course on this site. Only on this site. Never anywhere else. 

• The topic was locked