Simran Walking or Meditating?

Singh2017

VJKK VJKF

Sangat Ji, I know we are told to jap naam 24 hours a day, everyday but the question I have is that is there any difference in experience or levels of lahaa (wealth gained by naam) if I do it while I walk around or if I do simran in a quiet place in meditation? I ask about lahaa because you are more focused on naam when you meditate upon it so I'm assuming you can connect more and so on. Bani says MEDITATE upon Waheguru but also that jap naam 24 hours or 8 pehr (8 stages of the day)? I have tried to jap naam all day and don't feel or experience anything as such but it keeps on going throughout the day but when I meditate I feel like I can concentrate on naam more. Any help or advice? 

Vaheguru Ji.

Eating a medicine does not mean that it will work immediately.  You need to keep taking it and have full faith that it is working. 

Naam is a medicine.  It will take time to work.  However we are also told... kahu ful ki isha nahi basche in sukhmani sahib. Do not desire for the fruits of your naam jap. Keep doing it. Keval bhagat kirtan sang rache.... keep doing your kirtan and bhajan.

20 minutes ago, sikhni777 said:

Eating a medicine does not mean that it will work immediately.  You need to keep taking it and have full faith that it is working. 

Naam is a medicine.  It will take time to work.  However we are also told... kahu ful ki isha nahi basche in sukhmani sahib. Do not desire for the fruits of your naam jap. Keep doing it. Keval bhagat kirtan sang rache.... keep doing your kirtan and bhajan.

VJKK VJKF

Thank you for that, Penji. That was beautiful. So is meditating and walking around and japping naam the same, with the same lahaa? 

Vaheguru Ji.

1 hour ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

Thank you for that, Penji. That was beautiful. So is meditating and walking around and japping naam the same, with the same lahaa? 

Vaheguru Ji.

It depends on the individual. Some people are able to sit and jap without interruptions and can focus their mind. Others are very fidgety so better to move around and naam jap. However stillness indicates a better focused mind. So the more you can sit without getting distracted the better it is believed to be.  Any technique of the two which you use require practice though. Practice makes perfect.

The bhagti that is totally acceptable Waheguru instantly is the one full of pure love and innocence like Naamdev ji, Dhanna bhagat etc. 

Jin mun hor mukh hor se kadhe kacheya, from sukhmani sahib tells us more about naam jap. 

Those with something else on their minds while reciting naam will not be accepted in the court of God.

A person who is in love with God will not think about other things.  This love can be created through regular reading Gurbani and katha to understand the bani hence better concentration and love too for Akaal Purakh.

Nothing specific about techniques of naam jap are mentioned.  We can do it while sitting standing eating walking etc. 

Reading from gutka however is better performed while sitting down.  Repeating waheguru can be done while going about normal duties.  

VJKK VJKF 

The simran is getting a bit persistent now but I had a weird dream before and I just had the same bad dream including my old house for some reason as I did last time. In a way, it kind of answers my question because the quantity is much greater during the day than at night however that may answer the question about lahaa and quality as it maybe the same level even if much less is done at night. It was quite bad but I woke up before I had to go through it again. I'm a bit scared now.

Vaheguru Ji.

Keep doing your simran. Sometimes dreams push us into action.  You will encounter lots of resistance when you start simran or increase it, however you have to persist in order to get to a better level. 

Also include your dream in ardaas to Waheguru and ask Guru ji to protect you from any difficulties that might be in your path. Ask Guruji for help in helping you focus better in your simran. 

I usually repeat the shabad aukhi ghari na dhekhan dhei if I feel unsettled.  

Remember it is a good sign to get these scary dreams.  It simply means you are getting somewhere and some force is trying to hold you back. Fight even harder.  Soorma so pehchaniye jo larhe dheen ke het.

14 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

Keep doing your simran. Sometimes dreams push us into action.  You will encounter lots of resistance when you start simran or increase it, however you have to persist in order to get to a better level. 

Also include your dream in ardaas to Waheguru and ask Guru ji to protect you from any difficulties that might be in your path. Ask Guruji for help in helping you focus better in your simran. 

I usually repeat the shabad aukhi ghari na dhekhan dhei if I feel unsettled.  

Remember it is a good sign to get these scary dreams.  It simply means you are getting somewhere and some force is trying to hold you back. Fight even harder.  Soorma so pehchaniye jo larhe dheen ke het.

Nice post. 

OP I used to have nightmares regularly and when I started naam Jaap back in the day it got so bad and I had such horrific stuff happen which I won't talk about because it's not important. 

What's important, and the lessons you're being given is that a Bhagat(loving devotee) shouldnt be scared of anything. 

One story I Will tell is of the day I conquered my fears of these spirits. I jumped out of my body and sensed a demon coming up the stairs in my house. I was terrified thinking i'd die, then I felt a wave of calm, I laughed, sat on the floor and said, 'Oh God I know it's just you dressed up as a demon', as it came to the top of the stairs. Then the white light came and I came back to my body alert.  

Truth is a psychology. It's remembering the gyan of gurbani, in meditation, sleep and your daily life. The remembrance of gyan, as I did in the story above, is So Powerful that it vibrates u at a frequency where that stuff can't get to you. Because you're no longer bound to the illusion of Fear and imagery.

Fear doesn't actually exist. It's All just Him. 

Truth remembrance 24/7, apply(remember) and act on gurbani throughout your daily life (this is also Naam/Truth simran(remembrance)). Do Good deeds, kill the theives, don't slander or hurt others, Instead teach them to be good souls, and you lead by example. And work hard and exercise. 

And also meditate from 12:30am, a powerful time to go deep within. 

2 minutes ago, LightofNaam said:

Nice post. 

OP I used to have nightmares regularly and when I started naam Jaap back in the day it got so bad and I had such horrific stuff happen which I won't talk about because it's not important. 

What's important, and the lessons you're being given is that a Bhagat(loving devotee) shouldnt be scared of anything. 

The day I conquered my fears was the day I jumped out of my body and sensed a demon coming up the stairs in my house. I was terrified thinking i'd die in my meditation, then I felt a wave of calm, I laughed, sat on the floor and said, 'Oh God I know it's just you dressed up as a demon', as it came to the top of the stairs. Then the white light came and I came back to my body alert.  

Truth is a psychology. It's remembering the gyan of gurbani, in meditation, sleep and your daily life. The remembrance of gyan, as I did in the story above, is So Powerful that it vibrates u at a frequency where that stuff can't get to you. Because you're no longer bound to the illusion of Fear and imagery.

Fear doesn't actually exist. It's All just Him. 

Truth remeberence 24/7, apply(remember) and act on gurbani throughout your daily life (this is also Naam/Truth simran(remembrance)).

And also do it from 12:30am, a powerful time to go deep within. 

VJKK VJKF

Vaheguru Ji, that has scared me I'll be honest. I didn't know these dreams meant so much. Maybe Maharaj is preparing me for something deeper. Thank you for enlightening daas. 

Vaheguru Ji.