Which Dasam Bani's are highly recommended to read/listen to?

Guest Kaur 2

Guest KhalsaKaurUk

Whatever you do, just don't jump into reading english translations of Charitropakhiyan of the Dasam Bani! I did, it was a big mistake, especially when I sent it by mistake to my Muslim friends! They found it really disturbing!

On 27/11/2017 at 7:18 AM, Guest Taksali said:

Benti Chaupai Sahib can be read in the morning. Triya Charitar should be read at night to control kaam.

Adi Granth lacks bir ras

Charitropakhiyan gives us  bir ras

Another troll. Mrsingh/guptsingh/sunnybond again.

11 hours ago, Guest KhalsaKaurUk said:

Whatever you do, just don't jump into reading english translations of Charitropakhiyan of the Dasam Bani! I did, it was a big mistake, especially when I sent it by mistake to my Muslim friends! They found it really disturbing!

If you wish to look at analysis of Charitars in Sri Charitropakhyan Granth then please read at sikhawareness.com

On 25/11/2017 at 11:11 AM, Kaur72 said:

read the book called se kinehiya

I respect your views but Se Kinehiya is a biography and so it is subject to scrutiny. People are well within their rights to question what has been written in it.

I find it odd that that a Bani which may need to be recited at a moments notice at any time of the day would come with such a maryada.

It doesn't say why it shouldn't be read after sunset or what would happen if one did decide to read it. You should ask yourself these questions.

41 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

I respect your views but Se Kinehiya is a biography and so it is subject to scrutiny. People are well within their rights to question what has been written in it.

I find it odd that that a Bani which may need to be recited at a moments notice at any time of the day would come with such a maryada.

It doesn't say why it shouldn't be read after sunset or what would happen if one did decide to read it. You should ask yourself these questions.

God. Why aren’t u guys understanding my point. Where did I say that it can’t be recited after sunset. I just said it can be recited but thn have to do it for the rest of the night. And yes everyone has their own views and i have mine. And I choose to trust that story. So what’s wrong with that. U guys don’t want to believe thn just don’t do it. And everyone is free to do whatever they want and if you’re willing to read it only one time after sunset and don’t want to continue doing it for the whole night. That’s perfectly fine I’m not forcing anyone to have faith in that. But at the same time I’m not questioning anyone about why don’t they believe in what I believe in.. like the other person came up with sooo many questions.. if that makes sense. 

28 minutes ago, Kaur72 said:

And now if I ask u and @Akalifauj what’s ur reason not to trust that story of sant Harnam singh ji’s thats written in their autobiography book.. do have a solid reason for that.. if u guys have plz let me know. Thn I might think about it. Just because we’ve got little filthy brains and that too work in favour of kaal.. I hesitate to question what that mahapurakh Experienced. And if u guys want have a look at this as well. 

http://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/10497-what-will-happen-if-you/

25 minutes ago, Kaur72 said:

I just said it can be recited but thn have to do it for the rest of the night.

I understand you choose to trust that story and that's fine. But have you asked yourself why one must continue to recite it? My point was it is a biography, not an autobiography, so it should be questioned. Especially given the fact that it does not state why it has to be recited all night or what the significance is. It's also worth mentioning how impractical that maryada is - Sikhs used to fight what is essentially guerrilla warfare at times, what if a Sikh needed to recite it after sunset, do you think they would have time to have a shower, get a clean sheet, and sit comfortably with a jot beside them? And then continue reciting all night? Time is of the essence.

2 hours ago, Kaur72 said:

And now if I ask u and @Akalifauj what’s ur reason not to trust that story of sant Harnam singh ji’s thats written in their autobiography book.. do have a solid reason for that.. if u guys have plz let me know. Thn I might think about it. Just because we’ve got little filthy brains and that too work in favour of kaal.. I hesitate to question what that mahapurakh Experienced. And if u guys want have a look at this as well. 

I have provided an answer already.  Gurbani holds the final and first authority over any stories and statements. Go back and read what I wrote.   Even Baba Ram Singh admitted, following Guru Sahib hukam is higher in the previous story of him meeting Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji. 

How about you provide answers to my questions? 

Your link shows no evidence from Gurbani or Hukams of the Gurus to say Chandi Di Vaar can't be read after sunset without going all night.  

How ridiculous are some of the claims made in the link you provided.  They claim a person basically becomes evil.  Gurbani/the Guru/Chandi Di Vaar makes a person evil if read after sunset without going all night?  These Sikhs have beliefs no different than pandits who wanted to oppress people.  There are other claims but this is the most ridiculous one of all.  

3 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

I understand you choose to trust that story and that's fine. But have you asked yourself why one must continue to recite it? My point was it is a biography, not an autobiography, so it should be questioned. Especially given the fact that it does not state why it has to be recited all night or what the significance is. It's also worth mentioning how impractical that maryada is - Sikhs used to fight what is essentially guerrilla warfare at times, what if a Sikh needed to recite it after sunset, do you think they would have time to have a shower, get a clean sheet, and sit comfortably with a jot beside them? And then continue reciting all night? Time is of the essence.

I hope you might get ur answers if u read some posts on that website.. ?? 

4 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

I have provided an answer already.  Gurbani holds the final and first authority over any stories and statements. Go back and read what I wrote.   Even Baba Ram Singh admitted, following Guru Sahib hukam is higher in the previous story of him meeting Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji. 

How about you provide answers to my questions? 

Your link shows no evidence from Gurbani or Hukams of the Gurus to say Chandi Di Vaar can't be read after sunset without going all night.  

How ridiculous are some of the claims made in the link you provided.  They claim a person basically becomes evil.  Gurbani/the Guru/Chandi Di Vaar makes a person evil if read after sunset without going all night?  These Sikhs have beliefs no different than pandits who wanted to oppress people.  There are other claims but this is the most ridiculous one of all.  

Good luck.

6 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

I have provided an answer already.  Gurbani holds the final and first authority over any stories and statements. Go back and read what I wrote.

Where’s ur answer?? I didn’t see any quote from gurbani that support ur answer ?? And if you’ve so much to say thn go and debate with a scholar.. pointing me out and arguing with me behind ur screen?????? I’ve already admitted that I’m no expert like u sir.. im still learning and will keep learning.. plus I rest my case and I wish not to have any further conversations specially with YOU. And if u found so much ridiculous things in that site thn it shows that u only look at the negative  things that people say and keep poking them rather than getting any useful thing just a little that might be helpful.. and yes you are perfectly right.. u can do whenever u want do the path. Happy. Good luck mister