Which Dasam Bani's are highly recommended to read/listen to?

Guest Kaur 2

19 hours ago, TaksalDaSingh9771 said:

From what I know I think you shouldn't do dasam baniya with heavy bir ras like ugardanti, shaster naam mala, chaubees avtar. It is true that you are definitely not supposed to do chandi di vaar after sunset unless you want to carry on the whole night with dhoop, deep, kumbh, nariel etc. this is because you get so much bir ras from the bani but don't use. I personally limit my dasam bani after sunset just incase we don't know about other bani timings. Some say that it is ok to do shaster naam mala aad during night, but I would just be careful and do it during the daytime. 

Bhul chuk maaf

When the khalsa Panth was living in the jungles and had bounties on their heads, would they not need Bir Ras all day?  Even after sunset? How do they know when the attack will come?  Your reasoning is very frivolous.  What about the Sikh who has engraved Chandi Di Vaar in his mind, is he in a constant state of Bir Ras?  

5 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

When the khalsa Panth was living in the jungles and had bounties on their heads, would they not need Bir Ras all day?  Even after sunset? How do they know when the attack will come?  Your reasoning is very frivolous.  What about the Sikh who has engraved Chandi Di Vaar in his mind, is he in a constant state of Bir Ras?  

I think u misunderstood what he was trying to say. Whatever ur saying that’s true back in those days gursikhs needed bir ras coz they use to do jungs but what taksaldasingh was saying is nowadays we don’t use bir Ras like we don’t go and have wars but if someone gets bir Ras by doing these baniya and don’t use it thn it’s outcome is what we call anger in negative ways and that’s what we try to avoid. I’ve heard some people who do bir Ras baniya just to balance that they also do sukhmani sahib as it’s for peace of mind.. I hope u understood the point.. 

@Akalifauj you are alway trynna start a fight man. Like the post above just summed it up but read this 

On 6/28/2015 at 8:46 AM, hsingh8963 said:

Baba Ji used to recite the prayer called Chandi di Vaar daily, as part of his Nitnem This is a prayer composed by the tenth Guru, describing a battle between demons and the Goddess called Chandi. It is usually recited by Sikhs during war. Many a time, a question would arise in his mind as to, how many times and at what time one should recite the prayer of Chandi di Vaar? Baba Ji asked many Saints and sadhus regarding this question, but could not get a satisfactory answer. One evening, at his room in the fields, after reciting the evening prayer of Rehras, Baba Ji went on to recite the prayer of Chandi di Vaar. After completing this prayer, he prepared to retire by saying his last prayer of Sohila. It was a moonlit night and the doors of the room in which he was sitting, were open. As he had just lain down, he noticed two men approaching at a short distance. Baba Ji thought to himself, that if these pedestrians were just travellers, he would offer them food and shelter for the night and if they were robbers, then he would challenge them in combat. No sooner had this thought entered his mind, than miraculously one of the Singh’s came beside him and grabbed his feet. The other one seized Baba Ji’s head and pinned him down onto the bed. Baba Ji used to tell us, “I was unable to move from the bed. A thought entered my mind that these two, who have moved faster than the speed of light in order to grasp me are neither robbers nor travellers. These two must be Shaheed Singhs (the immortal souls of Sikh martyrs). I began to recite the Mool mantar I had only uttered the Mool mantar twice when the Singh who held my head down, let go, followed by the second Singh who was holding my feet.” Baba Ji got up and the Shaheed Singh explained, “We did not come here to fight with or seize you, but to answer your question, regarding the correct time to recite the prayer of Chandi di Vaar. As you thought about offering us a fight, we came and immediately seized you, as we did.” The Shaheed Singh continued, “If you start reciting the prayer of Chandi di Vaar after sunset then, one must keep reciting it 64 continuously through the night until dawn. Two or more Singhs may take turns to recite this prayer through the night, it is all right to do so. One must sit upon a clean mat or bed, bathing before reciting the prayer. An oil lamp lit with clarified butter should be kept alight throughout the night. During the day, one can recite Chandi di Vaar as many times as one wants. There is no specific practice to reciting the prayer except that one reads the prayer with devotion and understanding.” After explaining these instructions, the Singh’s disappeared through the doors towards the direction they came from.

Bhul chuk maaf 

VJKK VJKF

4 minutes ago, TaksalDaSingh9771 said:

Baba Ji used to recite the prayer called Chandi di Vaar daily, as part of his Nitnem This is a prayer composed by the tenth Guru, describing a battle between demons and the Goddess called Chandi. It is usually recited by Sikhs during war. Many a time, a question would arise in his mind as to, how many times and at what time one should recite the prayer of Chandi di Vaar? Baba Ji asked many Saints and sadhus regarding this question, but could not get a satisfactory answer. One evening, at his room in the fields, after reciting the evening prayer of Rehras, Baba Ji went on to recite the prayer of Chandi di Vaar. After completing this prayer, he prepared to retire by saying his last prayer of Sohila. It was a moonlit night and the doors of the room in which he was sitting, were open. As he had just lain down, he noticed two men approaching at a short distance. Baba Ji thought to himself, that if these pedestrians were just travellers, he would offer them food and shelter for the night and if they were robbers, then he would challenge them in combat. No sooner had this thought entered his mind, than miraculously one of the Singh’s came beside him and grabbed his feet. The other one seized Baba Ji’s head and pinned him down onto the bed. Baba Ji used to tell us, “I was unable to move from the bed. A thought entered my mind that these two, who have moved faster than the speed of light in order to grasp me are neither robbers nor travellers. These two must be Shaheed Singhs (the immortal souls of Sikh martyrs). I began to recite the Mool mantar I had only uttered the Mool mantar twice when the Singh who held my head down, let go, followed by the second Singh who was holding my feet.” Baba Ji got up and the Shaheed Singh explained, “We did not come here to fight with or seize you, but to answer your question, regarding the correct time to recite the prayer of Chandi di Vaar. As you thought about offering us a fight, we came and immediately seized you, as we did.” The Shaheed Singh continued, “If you start reciting the prayer of Chandi di Vaar after sunset then, one must keep reciting it 64 continuously through the night until dawn. Two or more Singhs may take turns to recite this prayer through the night, it is all right to do so. One must sit upon a clean mat or bed, bathing before reciting the prayer. An oil lamp lit with clarified butter should be kept alight throughout the night. During the day, one can recite Chandi di Vaar as many times as one wants. There is no specific practice to reciting the prayer except that one reads the prayer with devotion and understanding.” After explaining these instructions, the Singh’s disappeared through the doors towards the direction they came from.

That's really interesting veerji. Makes me sort of scared though... I don't want to face the wrath of the Shaheed Singhs. :hairan: They are too powerful, I am like an ant compared to them.

VJKK VJKF

9 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

That's really interesting veerji. Makes me sort of scared though... I don't want to face the wrath of the Shaheed Singhs. :hairan: They are too powerful, I am like an ant compared to them.

VJKK VJKF

Bhenji, nothing will happen if you do the path with all the sucham wear a hazooria and keep as much maryada as possible. 

For OP here are the bani im fond of doing from Dasam Pita's Granth.

Chandi Charitar, Chandi Di Vaar, Akaal Ustat Chaupai, Sri Kaal Chaupai, Batichar Natek (portion I love doing is from  ਦੋਹਰਾ ॥ 
 ਤਿਨ ਬੇਦੀਅਨ ਕੀ ਕੁਲ ਬਿਖੈ ਪ੍ਰਗਟੇ ਨਾਨਕ ਰਾਇ ॥  ਸਭ ਸਿੱਖਨ ਕੋ ਸੁਖ ਦਏ ਜਹ ਤਹ ਭਏ ਸਹਾਇ ॥੪॥ till about the first battle of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj), I also regularly recite Devi Ji ki ustat from Krishna avatar (the one at the beginning that praises Akaal Purkh's Shakti), Bhagauti Astrot too along with Shabad Hazare P.10, Swayiya Deen Ki.

In the process of adding the Manglacharan of Sri Sarbloh Granth into my daily nitnem too so I would recommend trying to recite that too.

On 23/11/2017 at 11:53 PM, Kaur72 said:

I think u misunderstood what he was trying to say. Whatever ur saying that’s true back in those days gursikhs needed bir ras coz they use to do jungs but what taksaldasingh was saying is nowadays we don’t use bir Ras like we don’t go and have wars but if someone gets bir Ras by doing these baniya and don’t use it thn it’s outcome is what we call anger in negative ways and that’s what we try to avoid. I’ve heard some people who do bir Ras baniya just to balance that they also do sukhmani sahib as it’s for peace of mind.. I hope u understood the point.. 

Before I address the above lets run through @TaksalDaSingh9771 story.  Faith is very good to have.  But where we place our faith in is even more important than having faith. Too many people place their faith swiftly due to being emotional and/or are emotionally blackmailed.  People quickly place their faith in what they have heard without checking with their Guru, Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.  So I ask the following questions after places faith in my Guru.  Did Sant Baba Harnam Singh Ji Rampur Khera actually write down the story? Or was is someone saying he told this story or did some attribute the story to him to add weight to what the other person wants people to follow?  I ask these questions because this story directly goes against Gurbani when it comes to saying Gurbani shouldn't be recited after sunset.  Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji puts no restriction on any Bani.  If you follow the Baba story, then where does this place Gurbani as terms of where your faith rest?

Now there are couple of points to make here about kaur72 post. 

If today Sikhs are not fighting jungs, then why even do Chandi di Vaar at all?  Like you agree too, its for Bir Ras. No jung no bir ras needed.  

What effect does the sun have on reading Chandi Di Vaar that some how it controls the output?  Gurbani says to sing his praises every second of the day.  Chandi di vaar is the praise of Akal Purakh and according to Gurbani Sikhs can sing Chandi Di Vaar any time.  The baba story can never be taken to override the final decision of when Gurbani is to be read by Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.  Which is anytime and every second of the day.  Personal experiences can never equate to be Hukam of Gurbani.

if someone gets bir Ras by doing these baniya and don’t use it thn it’s outcome is what we call anger in negative ways and that’s what we try to avoid.

What effect does the sun have controlling Bir Ras? As you agree too; Chandi di vaar can only be read before sunset.  Also when does Gurbani ever outlet a person into manmat act, in this case anger? Listen to Sant Maskeen Singh ji speaking of Sri Charitoropakhyan.  He says those who have lustful thoughts by reading Sri Charitoropakhyan are manmat people stuck in lust and Sri Charitoropakhyan is not to be blamed. This Gurmat teaching applies to Bir Ras Bani as well, extremely stressing on Chandi Di Vaar.  The person did not understand and/or grasp the depth and fell into anger because he is weak after reading Chandi Di Vaar.  Reading Chandi Di Vaar after sunset has no effect of anger regardless if you use the Bir Ras obtained from it.   Chandi Di Vaar actually brings peace of mind.  The depth of this bani is so beautiful and amazing.  All the "hidden" messages come to bless the mind regardless what time Chandi Di Vaar is read. I read Chandi Di Vaar after sunset and no anger.  My Guru is timeless and brings peace of mind to those who have full faith in my Guru; Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

1 hour ago, Akalifauj said:

Before I address the above lets run through @TaksalDaSingh9771 story.  Faith is very good to have.  But where we place our faith in is even more important than having faith. Too many people place their faith swiftly due to being emotional and/or are emotionally blackmailed.  People quickly place their faith in what they have heard without checking with their Guru, Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.  So I ask the following questions after places faith in my Guru.  Did Sant Baba Harnam Singh Ji Rampur Khera actually write down the story? Or was is someone saying he told this story or did some attribute the story to him to add weight to what the other person wants people to follow?  I ask these questions because this story directly goes against Gurbani when it comes to saying Gurbani shouldn't be recited after sunset.  Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji puts no restriction on any Bani.  If you follow the Baba story, then where does this place Gurbani as terms of where your faith rest?

Now there are couple of points to make here about kaur72 post. 

If today Sikhs are not fighting jungs, then why even do Chandi di Vaar at all?  Like you agree too, its for Bir Ras. No jung no bir ras needed.  

What effect does the sun have on reading Chandi Di Vaar that some how it controls the output?  Gurbani says to sing his praises every second of the day.  Chandi di vaar is the praise of Akal Purakh and according to Gurbani Sikhs can sing Chandi Di Vaar any time.  The baba story can never be taken to override the final decision of when Gurbani is to be read by Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.  Which is anytime and every second of the day.  Personal experiences can never equate to be Hukam of Gurbani.

What effect does the sun have controlling Bir Ras? As you agree too; Chandi di vaar can only be read before sunset.  Also when does Gurbani ever outlet a person into manmat act, in this case anger? Listen to Sant Maskeen Singh ji speaking of Sri Charitoropakhyan.  He says those who have lustful thoughts by reading Sri Charitoropakhyan are manmat people stuck in lust and Sri Charitoropakhyan is not to be blamed. This Gurmat teaching applies to Bir Ras Bani as well, extremely stressing on Chandi Di Vaar.  The person did not understand and/or grasp the depth and fell into anger because he is weak after reading Chandi Di Vaar.  Reading Chandi Di Vaar after sunset has no effect of anger regardless if you use the Bir Ras obtained from it.   Chandi Di Vaar actually brings peace of mind.  The depth of this bani is so beautiful and amazing.  All the "hidden" messages come to bless the mind regardless what time Chandi Di Vaar is read. I read Chandi Di Vaar after sunset and no anger.  My Guru is timeless and brings peace of mind to those who have full faith in my Guru; Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

Everyone has full faith on shri Guru Granth Sahib ji.. and I never said that Chandi Di Vaar can’t be recited after sunset. It can be recited but thn have to continue for the rest of the night that’s what I said.. its not that Chandi Di Vaar or any other path is  to be blamed for the anger or lust that we can’t control.. i blame my own mind coz at the moment I’m working under control of my mind and trying to progress everyday.. and about doing Chandi Di Vaar is Because of the love I have for gurbani and for the ten gurus.. and “sun” if ur referring to sukhmani sahib thn it does has its effect it truly brings peace and happiness atleast for me it does..  and not only Chandi Di Vaar but the whole Guru Granth Sahib praises Akal Purakh and it looks like u have all the knowledge so it’s very good for u. I’m not here to get into arguments.. god bless and about not reciting Chandi Di Vaar after sunset for that Go and read the book called se kinehiya or here I’ll help u with that..

3E4ACA2B-2DF2-4213-A28E-27F02EF49388.png

FFD79609-D991-42E0-A774-DBE6172C3E7E.png