What would India be if the British never came?

singhbj singh

5 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:
10 hours ago, BhForce said:

Very incisive analysis, brother. Personally, I would say that all this would have happened even if the British had come. The only reason we lost the Anglo-Sikh war was treachery. If we had won the war (which I think we would have if Maharaja Ranjit Singh had put in appropriate governmental structures, like the Panj Piyare as head of state), then basically all you said would also have happened, only a few decades later.

So where would one find 5 men who are pure Gurmakhs, AND able to handle the functions of an entire nation state? As well as be completely incorruptible.

Well, brother, that's why I said "head of state" above. So you'd only have to have the 5 be Gurmukhs. They would then select the head of government. They wouldn't have to do double duty as able to handle the functions of an entire state.

Kind of like the Queen of England.

Guest GuestSingh

Although many of these assumptions seem plausible, they're written as a matter of fact and on the basis that every person who contributed to the expansion of a Sikh Empire was 'pure'. This is laughable. Good and bad exist everywhere so who is to say that treachery would not have occurred later during rule? What about potential conflict with other empires or european invaders? WWI & WWII?

Jealousy is part of human nature with ego the root of all evil. Just one person, king or army out of hundreds or thousands can plot against good, succeed and change destiny.

I don't think it would have been as hunky-dory as discussed above - there are far too many variables involved to even assume, in my opinion.

However, I strongly believe Panjab and some parts of Bharat/Hindustan would be not be in sattiaanaas now because of the chittia attvadia during their charaiee.

13 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

So where would one find 5 men who are pure Gurmakhs, AND able to handle the functions of an entire nation state? As well as be completely incorruptible. 

Vishvaas and trust is what we need. We need to stop questioning everything specially questioning the jeevni and character of panj piyaray. Ranjit singh was advised by many to put panj piyarays as head of the kingdom and which he didn’t do it and we all suffered. We had Mahan leaders of those time such as alkali phoola singh, baba Bir singh and so on.

13 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

This poster is always arguing against punj pyare leading anything in Sikhi or otherwise.  The current set up of worldly people is not working in any country no matter their level of education, including SGPC (which includes their Jathedar's).  You can teach these worldly people all the ethics and morals they want but it all comes down to these people cheating, lying and defrauding the voters. He has more faith in worldly people than punj pyare. The punj pyare have a long history of laying their lives for Gurmat because their teachings are engraved in them.  They cannot be separated.  Yet this poster argues against the very people who have morals and ethics. 

Some have grown accustomed to slavery that they think its the warm blanket keeping them from the cold.  Since he has 1000% doubt in the punj pyare, taking Amrit is a far inconceivable concept for him.  But Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji had 1000% trust in the punj pyare as he showed us.