Jump to content
Guest Singh

Do I do ardas?

Recommended Posts

Guest Singh

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh 

so yesterday I did arambhta of sri sehaj path sahib but while I was doing path with my dhian in the bani the dhoop (incense stick) went out. I didn't know when it went out. Normally I get up and put another dhoop and keep it going with the jot. What do I do? Should i do ardas or do arambh again 

thank you

Phul Chuck Muaf karni ji

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

Follow your heart, if it thinks its wrong then chances are it is. I personally don't have much knowledge on things like this but all I can do is to listen to your heart... Mostly its right.

VJKK VJKF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

Sorry, I meant All I can tell you to do is to listen to your heart. Typo.

VJKK VJKF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Haridas

were you even listening to the Paath?  because then you would have realised that the dhoop going out wasnt important. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Guest Singh said:

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh 

 yesterday while I was doing path with my dhian in the bani, the dhoop (incense stick) went out.

I didn't know when it went out. Normally I get up and put another dhoop and keep it going with the jot. What do I do? Should i do ardas or do arambh again 

thank you

Phul Chuck Muaf karni ji

Guest Singh Jee,

you need not any more ardaas or arambh again. Just follow what the Bani says.

So, what does the Bani say? 

It clearly says:

ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਆਸਨੋ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਉਰਸਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਕੇਸਰੋ ਲੇ ਛਿਟਕਾਰੇ

Naam Thaero Aasano Naam Thaero Ourasaa Naam Thaeraa Kaesaro Lae Shhittakaarae

ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਅੰਭੁਲਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਚੰਦਨੋ ਘਸਿ ਜਪੇ ਨਾਮੁ ਲੇ ਤੁਝਹਿ ਕਉ ਚਾਰੇ ॥੧॥

Naam Thaeraa Anbhulaa Naam Thaero Chandhano Ghas Japae Naam Lae Thujhehi Ko Chaarae

ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਦੀਵਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਬਾਤੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਤੇਲੁ ਲੇ ਮਾਹਿ ਪਸਾਰੇ

Naam Thaeraa Dheevaa Naam Thaero Baathee Naam Thaero Thael Lae Maahi Pasaarae

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ ਭਇਓ ਉਜਿਆਰੋ ਭਵਨ ਸਗਲਾਰੇ ॥੨

Naam Thaerae Kee Joth Lagaaee Bhaeiou Oujiaaro Bhavan Sagalaarae

ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਤਾਗਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਫੂਲ ਮਾਲਾ ਭਾਰ ਅਠਾਰਹ ਸਗਲ ਜੂਠਾਰੇ ॥

Naam Thaero Thaagaa Naam Fool Maalaa Bhaar Athaareh Sagal Joothaarae ||

ਤੇਰੋ ਕੀਆ ਤੁਝਹਿ ਕਿਆ ਅਰਪਉ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਤੁਹੀ ਚਵਰ ਢੋਲਾਰੇ ॥੩॥

Thaero Keeaa Thujhehi Kiaa Arapo Naam Thaeraa Thuhee Chavar Dtolaarae

ਦਸ ਅਠਾ ਅਠਸਠੇ ਚਾਰੇ ਖਾਣੀ ਇਹੈ ਵਰਤਣਿ ਹੈ ਸਗਲ ਸੰਸਾਰੇ ॥

Dhas Athaa Athasathae Chaarae Khaanee Eihai Varathan Hai Sagal Sansaarae

ਕਹੈ ਰਵਿਦਾਸੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਆਰਤੀ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹੈ ਹਰਿ ਭੋਗ ਤੁਹਾਰੇ ॥੪॥੩॥

Kehai Ravidhaas Naam Thaero Aarathee Sath Naam Hai Har Bhog Thuhaarae

 

Guest Jee, with the verses above , you can see by yourself, that Bhagat Ravi Das is telling us, that, when one is engaged in His devotion with focused attention,  in His Nam, that is all one needs to do, for this His devotion, is more than enough, than any outer ingredients.

wahiguru unlike any other gods, godesses, devis, devtays, prophets, avatars, needs nothing from us, except our full atention with love and devotion at His Lotus Feet.

Such is the undescribable infinite wadeeayee of our beloved Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Sat Sree Akal.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Sat
On 21/11/2017 at 2:54 AM, harsharan000 said:

Guest Singh Jee,

you need not any more ardaas or arambh again. Just follow what the Bani says.

So, what does the Bani say? 

It clearly says:

ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਆਸਨੋ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਉਰਸਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਕੇਸਰੋ ਲੇ ਛਿਟਕਾਰੇ

Naam Thaero Aasano Naam Thaero Ourasaa Naam Thaeraa Kaesaro Lae Shhittakaarae

ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਅੰਭੁਲਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਚੰਦਨੋ ਘਸਿ ਜਪੇ ਨਾਮੁ ਲੇ ਤੁਝਹਿ ਕਉ ਚਾਰੇ ॥੧॥

Naam Thaeraa Anbhulaa Naam Thaero Chandhano Ghas Japae Naam Lae Thujhehi Ko Chaarae

ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਦੀਵਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਬਾਤੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਤੇਲੁ ਲੇ ਮਾਹਿ ਪਸਾਰੇ

Naam Thaeraa Dheevaa Naam Thaero Baathee Naam Thaero Thael Lae Maahi Pasaarae

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ ਭਇਓ ਉਜਿਆਰੋ ਭਵਨ ਸਗਲਾਰੇ ॥੨

Naam Thaerae Kee Joth Lagaaee Bhaeiou Oujiaaro Bhavan Sagalaarae

ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਤਾਗਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਫੂਲ ਮਾਲਾ ਭਾਰ ਅਠਾਰਹ ਸਗਲ ਜੂਠਾਰੇ ॥

Naam Thaero Thaagaa Naam Fool Maalaa Bhaar Athaareh Sagal Joothaarae ||

ਤੇਰੋ ਕੀਆ ਤੁਝਹਿ ਕਿਆ ਅਰਪਉ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਤੁਹੀ ਚਵਰ ਢੋਲਾਰੇ ॥੩॥

Thaero Keeaa Thujhehi Kiaa Arapo Naam Thaeraa Thuhee Chavar Dtolaarae

ਦਸ ਅਠਾ ਅਠਸਠੇ ਚਾਰੇ ਖਾਣੀ ਇਹੈ ਵਰਤਣਿ ਹੈ ਸਗਲ ਸੰਸਾਰੇ ॥

Dhas Athaa Athasathae Chaarae Khaanee Eihai Varathan Hai Sagal Sansaarae

ਕਹੈ ਰਵਿਦਾਸੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਆਰਤੀ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹੈ ਹਰਿ ਭੋਗ ਤੁਹਾਰੇ ॥੪॥੩॥

Kehai Ravidhaas Naam Thaero Aarathee Sath Naam Hai Har Bhog Thuhaarae

 

Guest Jee, with the verses above , you can see by yourself, that Bhagat Ravi Das is telling us, that, when one is engaged in His devotion with focused attention,  in His Nam, that is all one needs to do, for this His devotion, is more than enough, than any outer ingredients.

wahiguru unlike any other gods, godesses, devis, devtays, prophets, avatars, needs nothing from us, except our full atention with love and devotion at His Lotus Feet.

Such is the undescribable infinite wadeeayee of our beloved Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Sat Sree Akal.

 

 

 

Nice post :) I agree with all of it except for the part where you say he needs us. 

He doesn't need anything or anyone. It's our honor and our blessing to have Truth and to be in love with His lotus feet. 

Satnaam 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 20/11/2017 at 11:54 PM, harsharan000 said:

Guest Singh Jee,

wahiguru unlike any other gods, godesses, devis, devtays, prophets, avatars, needs nothing from us, except our full atention with love and devotion at His Lotus Feet.

 

Such is the undescribable infinite wadeeayee of our beloved Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Sat Sree Akal.

 

On 23/11/2017 at 12:05 AM, Guest Sat said:

 

Nice post :) I agree with all of it except for the part where you say he needs us. 

He doesn't need anything or anyone. It's our honor and our blessing to have Truth and to be in love with His lotus feet. 

Satnaam 

 

Sorry Guest Singh Jee,

but you have not quoted my words properly, as you can see in my post quoted in black and underlined.

I never say : He needs us.

Rather: except our full attention.

This means Wahiguru, unlike other entities  who like to get worshipped with outer ingredients, instead He wants our attention, means our total focus on Him, just as lover looks helplessly to his/her beloved.

For if one is attentive, if the lamp or the incense are burning and so on ... what does that mean ?

Is it not that, we are not concentrated on Him?

It means that we are like machines, automated, or ritualistic even.

To devote oneself to Wahiguru wholeheartedly means, only He exists for that time being for us.

Then also, the attention, our concentration which He expects as a father from us, is not like someone who is tyranny, or greedy to feed his ego, but rather,  as said, as a protective father, who knows, that our welfare, our purity, our benefit, is only when we concentrrate on Him with full attention.

This  "attention", means nothing more, but that : O Sachay Patshah, You are all mercy, all forgiveness, all wisdom, and I am all moorakh, all heavy shameless sinner, and I have come to Your door, with my jholee spreaded, so that if you think fit, pour some grace of Yours, in it.

If I said He needs our attention, it did not mean, He is dying for it, but rather in the context, that it is our focused attention in Him, which draws us nearer to Him, and as He loves us unconditionally, He wants our sole benefit, by then showering His grace on us. Our attention on Him, is an excuse for Him to bless us, out of His unlimited daya meher.

He is the Sachay Patshah, wishing to give us paupers a penny of His Grace, if only we knock at His door.

He is a generous  humble giver, while we are proud egoistic beggars.

Sat Sree Akal.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Truth
19 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

 

 

 

Ok. Yeh of course that's what we supposed to do. But He respects our decisions. He doesn't gain or win anything by us turning to Him, it's our priveledge and we alone gain from it. We walk this path for Us, not for others. 

 

Because we Are Truth just like Him, that's the discovery we're meant to make and understand. 

It's a path of self discovery. And the way we do it, is we surrender ourselves at the feet of Truth, just as He did after he sat for many ages of self contemplation and evaluation. 

He's our creator, He's the Truth, He practices it each moment, and the moment He stops, the game, khel, shuts down.  In surrendering ourselves as Nothing but slaves of Truth, we're honoring our true self, which is One with God. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

ਜੁਗੁ ਜੁਗੁ ਭਗਤ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਆਪਿ ਸਵਾਰੇ ਆਪੇ ਭਗਤੀ ਲਾਏ

Jug Jug Bhagath Piaarae Har Aap Savaarae Aapae Bhagathee Laaeae ||

In age after age, He loves His devotees; the Lord Himself adorns them, and He Himself enjoins them to worship Him with devotion.

ਗਉੜੀ (ਮਃ ੩) ਛੰਤ (੪) ੪:੩ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੨੪੬ ਪੰ. ੯
Raag Gauri Guru Amar Das

In the verse above Guru Jee tells us that, He Himself makes us worship Him.

But to worship Him for what? Is it that, that will feed His ego, if any?

No, He has no ego, but just love and mercy to bless us with, if only, we turn our face towards  Him focused attentively.

The thing is, we think we are devoting ourselves to Him with our efforts, but the fact is, even to turn our faces towards Him, is by His unilimted grace alone, otherwise we are busily abosrbed in all sorts of outer elements/activities.

Sat Sree Akal. 

Edited by harsharan000
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/11/2017 at 11:50 AM, Guest Truth said:

Ok. Yeh of course that's what we supposed to do. But He respects our decisions. He doesn't gain or win anything by us turning to Him, it's our priveledge and we alone gain from it. We walk this path for Us, not for others. 

 

Because we Are Truth just like Him, that's the discovery we're meant to make and understand. 

It's a path of self discovery. And the way we do it, is we surrender ourselves at the feet of Truth, just as He did after he sat for many ages of self contemplation and evaluation. 

He's our creator, He's the Truth, He practices it each moment, and the moment He stops, the game, khel, shuts down.  In surrendering ourselves as Nothing but slaves of Truth, we're honoring our true self, which is One with God. 

 

You are right God does not need anything from us.  He doesn't even need our full attention with love and devotion at his lotus feet.  Sukhmani Sahib says God is absorbed in himself. 

Also this line is being mistranslated. 

ਜੁਗੁ ਜੁਗੁ ਭਗਤ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਆਪਿ ਸਵਾਰੇ ਆਪੇ ਭਗਤੀ ਲਾਏ 

Nothing is independent.  So who is the Bhagat? There is no "us" when it comes to who is doing bhagti.  There is only God.  So what does God need from himself in the form of a Bhagat? Nothing!!!  Neither are we Truth because we don't exist. The light in the body is him.  Its an illusion to think we exist.  Only he (God) exist and nothing else. He is the Truth and he is the Bhagat and the bhagti and he is the shabad which simran is done on. 

Keep going.  Your going in the right direction with your train of thought.  Just get rid of the I exist part, which can only be done by continuously meditating on him.  When it goes away, you start asking what he wants and start following his instructions more closely.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Ur doing so good and only 16. If I look back at myself when I was 16 I didn’t even know anything about sikhi in true terms.. nothing at all.. don’t be disheartened whatever ur going thru it’s also a part of tests (parikhya) that a true Gursikh has to pass and you will pass for sure coz u have that love and devotion.. and whatever mrdoaba has mentioned is right. Trip to India and spending some time with Gursikhs or nihangs would be useful but u can do that there as well.. I don’t know which country ur from but I’m sure u would find some true gursikhs there as well.. just don’t give up.. 
    • Thank you so much for your wonderful reply veer ji. I cannot say how thankful i am for you. I wil try my best to follow your advice. No i will not be going alone to india. I am going with my nanne.
    • I talked to someone about these lines and he told me some things about it.. but he didn’t send me the path that has these lines.. basically he said It’s ok if we keep doing the path without those lines.. 
    • Whats the latest news on the free jaggi campaign? Btw has any of his family or friends approached channel 4 new journalists/presenters? Usually they cover these kinda of human rights stories especially if it concerns british citizens and make a huge deal about it in the mainstream media.
    • Can you post the url links to those profiles? And I agree christian missionaries are a huge problem for Sikhs. These people are evil like their islamic counterparts they prey on the vulnerable and weak minded spewing their backward abrahamic nonsense. The fault lies with the community and the leaders who do not see the threat and consequences of people converting to christianity. in 1940s the British Christian white racist extremists under the british empire east india company invaded and fought 2 bloodly and costly wars with the Sikhs. Sikhs didnt invade the UK with armed force and convert non-believers to Sikhs but the christians tried to in Punjab just like the muslims did back in the days of the Guru's. The Christians found out to their cost that armed force wouldn't win over the convert the native punjabi Sikhs because by nature punjabis are hot blooded and rebels and would rather die and fight against those who wage war on them than embrace their evil foriegn ideology. So now the west is trying different tactics they are using money, drugs and pumping huge numbers of missionaries into india and punjab to convert low IQ weak minded people to their abrahamic cult of worshipping the white man ( in the form of jesus). Our community is also at fault for allowing this because of the evil filthy ideology of castism and in relation to sikhs its the filth of jattism (egged on by the brahmin hindus) that creates divisions in Sikh society where there should be none as Sikhi was formed by the Guru's to destory these social ills of brahmin hinduism. Also pure Sikhi isnt about looking like a amritdhari khalsa on the outside its more about being Sikh on the inside. So some sehajdhari Sikhs feel as they cant cut their hair in Sikhi without mor0ns accusing them of being non-sikhs so they might aswell be a non-sikh and convert to a different faith. So then it reduces numbers and creates more opposition to Sikhi. The lost youth may feel Sikhi is too hard or too complicated or not even know what Sikhi teaches because they dont have access to good material
×