On 11/22/2017 at 7:45 PM, 13Mirch said:

Chibber and Chaupa Singh had already lost the plot prior. 

Bhai Chaupa Singh didn't lose the plot.  The copies of his Rehatnama that we have so far were interpolated by Gurbaksh Singh, Balakha Singh, and a fourth person. Certain injunctions were written in, others removed.  From the manuscripts extant today, we find three to four different handwritings. 

On 11/19/2017 at 1:45 PM, 13Mirch said:

In the latter spirit, then, I ask that can someone then explain the following passage from another traditional text- Chibber's Bansavalinamah:

Speaking as a supporter of our traditional granths (in addition to Guru Granth Sahib ji), I do acknowledge the deficiencies in them, and this is an example of that. The punishment supposedly meted out to the Mazbi Sikh is atrocious. On the other hand, the brotherly love shown in the first part of the story (without regard for caste) is, I believe, an example of true Gursikh spirit as infused by Guru Gobind SIngh ji into the Panth, and is in accord with Guru Sahib's commands regarding caste in the Muktinama (from Suraj Prakash).

3 hours ago, akaltaksal said:

Bhai Chaupa Singh didn't lose the plot.  The copies of his Rehatnama that we have so far were interpolated by Gurbaksh Singh, Balakha Singh, and a fourth person. Certain injunctions were written in, others removed.  From the manuscripts extant today, we find three to four different handwritings. 

Do you have evidence supporting this? 

3 hours ago, BhForce said:

Speaking as a supporter of our traditional granths (in addition to Guru Granth Sahib ji), I do acknowledge the deficiencies in them, and this is an example of that. The punishment supposedly meted out to the Mazbi Sikh is atrocious. On the other hand, the brotherly love shown in the first part of the story (without regard for caste) is, I believe, an example of true Gursikh spirit as infused by Guru Gobind SIngh ji into the Panth, and is in accord with Guru Sahib's commands regarding caste in the Muktinama (from Suraj Prakash).