Jump to content
Big_Tera

Dehli Air pollution

Recommended Posts

Not sure if anyone is aware of the news from Dehli India. Of the air pollution problem in the recent weeks.

Schools have been shut as people are becoming unwell breathing in the toxic fumes from the air. 

Many tourist are caught up in it. As the region is engulfed in a thick layer of smog. It is caused by cars and industry aswell as farming due to crop burning season at the moment.

Anyone know when it will be safe to travel and how dangerous is this air pollution?

https://news.sky.com/story/indian-capital-of-new-delhi-blanketed-by-hazardous-thick-smog-11117073

Edited by Big_Tera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

Not sure if anyone is aware of the news from Dehli India. Of the air pollution problem in the recent weeks.

Schools have been shut as people are becoming unwell breathing in the toxic fumes from the air. 

Many tourist are caught up in it. As the region is engulfed in a thick layer of smog. It is caused by cars and industry aswell as farming due to crop burning season at the moment.

Anyone know when it will be safe to travel and how dangerous is this air pollution?

https://news.sky.com/story/indian-capital-of-new-delhi-blanketed-by-hazardous-thick-smog-11117073

yep sis got delayed coming back because of it , hopefully it won't do the same to my Mum and Son ...plus she's suffering with bronchitis so it's probably hell for people in her condition. heard there have been deaths . But if you read Indian media it is all the fault of the farmers in Punjab.

What I don't get is why dont they just turn the stubble into the soil and let the stubble rot down

Edited by jkvlondon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/11/2017 at 6:14 PM, jkvlondon said:

yep sis got delayed coming back because of it , hopefully it won't do the same to my Mum and Son ...plus she's suffering with bronchitis so it's probably hell for people in her condition. heard there have been deaths . But if you read Indian media it is all the fault of the farmers in Punjab.

What I don't get is why dont they just turn the stubble into the soil and let the stubble rot down

Yeah. Its a quite bad at the moment. 

Hopefully it clears soon for the sake of everyones health. What part of dehli are you from btw?

Edited by Big_Tera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Yeah. Its a quite bad at the moment. 

Hopefully it clears soon for the sake of everyones health. What part of dehli are you from btw?

They were just passing through , Mum's from kamalpura near Jagroan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally feel delhi is getting its karma back ! and there's little now that anyone can do. Its nearing end , I have this gut feeling.

This was the city that burnt down innocent sikhs in 84 and now its getting its payback . Also rape capital of india. What a shame for a nation LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I personally feel delhi is getting its karma back ! and there's little now that anyone can do. Its nearing end , I have this gut feeling.

This was the city that burnt down innocent sikhs in 84 and now its getting its payback . Also rape capital of india. What a shame for a nation LOL

I thought you were interested in following Brahmgiani Marg now you are judging :ghost:

Don't speak ill :notalk:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

I thought you were interested in following Brahmgiani Marg now you are judging :ghost:

Don't speak ill :notalk:

lol yes but sometimes I can be b**tchy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There has been talk of this for many years but the useless Demi God Modi is too busy having his statues worshipped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2017 at 1:56 PM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I personally feel delhi is getting its karma back ! and there's little now that anyone can do. Its nearing end , I have this gut feeling.

This was the city that burnt down innocent sikhs in 84 and now its getting its payback . Also rape capital of india. What a shame for a nation LOL

5% to 7% of the Dehli Population is Sikh. That is like 1 to 1 and half million Sikhs. Hence everyone is going to suffer from the poor air quality including Sikhs. 

Edited by Big_Tera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/11/2017 at 3:43 PM, Big_Tera said:

5% to 7% of the Dehli Population is Sikh. That is like 1 to 1 and half million Sikhs. Hence everyone is going to suffer from the poor air quality including Sikhs. 

today delhi is only 3-4% sikh at most. Sikhs have moved on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2017 at 10:42 PM, singh598 said:

There has been talk of this for many years but the useless Demi God Modi is too busy having his statues worshipped

The BJP manifesto is his Veda, the Sangh his pujaris, Iqbal Singh his bit*h.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was caused by the usual pollution from Industry but what had tipped it over the edge was the stupid decision by Captain that he would stop stubble burning. The farmers obeyed but then all at once decided to burn the stubble. If the stubble had been burnt in stages as usually happens then it would not have been that bad. 

Quote

 

I personally feel delhi is getting its karma back ! and there's little now that anyone can do. Its nearing end , I have this gut feeling.

This was the city that burnt down innocent sikhs in 84 and now its getting its payback . Also rape capital of india. What a shame for a nation LOL

 

Unfortunately the pollution has also affected Punjab as well. If the pollution was only hitting the Delhiwalas then I would have no problem with them having their throats burnt just as they did to the Sikhs in 1984. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×