Jump to content
Guest Student

Beard/mustache growing help

Recommended Posts

I'm not trying to be critical here, but isn't one of the reasons for growing out our hair and beard is so that we don't focus too much on our appearance in trying to keep up with worldly trends and dwelling on different styles.

Let the beard grow as it will, don't care for it. I'm not saying don't take care of it, but who cares how it grows. By dwelling on the appearance of your beard, you've ultimately defeated the purpose of growing it out. Who cares what it looks like, you're focus should not be on it anyway? 

I may be wrong, but this is how I honestly feel. And tbh I use to dwell on this as well, and it only brings more worrying and anxiety, just forget about it and you will find peace with whatever your appearance looks like.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest London jwaan
On 15/11/2017 at 1:55 AM, Guest Student said:

Vjkk vjkf,

If anyone can give some advice I'd appreciate it. Im having an issue where my mustache/dhari is growing/grown alot more on right hand side of face so it looks a bit odd. Im in mid 20's so dont think it is about waiting for it to grow out. I sometimes get thoughts of trimming etc which i really dont want to do so If anyone can give some tips please?

Op, don’t bother with any of this alternative Mumbo jumbo. Go and see your doc. You may have a follicle infection that will require antibiotics. You can paste as much sabjii and aroma oils on, the itching won’t stop.

As for growing the other side of your beard: concentrate and use your mental strength to really force the hairs out :))

wjkk wjkf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

8 hours ago, TejS said:

I'm not trying to be critical here, but isn't one of the reasons for growing out our hair and beard is so that we don't focus too much on our appearance in trying to keep up with worldly trends and dwelling on different styles.

Let the beard grow as it will, don't care for it. I'm not saying don't take care of it, but who cares how it grows. By dwelling on the appearance of your beard, you've ultimately defeated the purpose of growing it out. Who cares what it looks like, you're focus should not be on it anyway? 

I may be wrong, but this is how I honestly feel. And tbh I use to dwell on this as well, and it only brings more worrying and anxiety, just forget about it and you will find peace with whatever your appearance looks like.

:waheguru:

VJKK VJKF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/11/2017 at 1:12 AM, Guest London jwaan said:

Op, don’t bother with any of this alternative Mumbo jumbo. Go and see your doc. You may have a follicle infection that will require antibiotics.

Alternative stuff was doing fine for people until the last century. Also, follicle infections do not cause hair loss/lack of growth as far as I am aware. 

Bettef to see a private Dermatologist with expertise on hair rather than your family practitioner 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest london jwaan
3 hours ago, Premi5 said:

Alternative stuff was doing fine for people until the last century. Also, follicle infections do not cause hair loss/lack of growth as far as I am aware. 

Bettef to see a private Dermatologist with expertise on hair rather than your family practitioner 

This is a pretty ignorant post Premi. Look up sycosis barbae as just one type, amongst many others that do cause hair loss. 

Aside from which, taking a crap outside in the open, using horse  and cart and drinking unpasteurised milk also did fine for people - why not continue? Antibiotics are an advancement in medicine - what are your qualifications and experience in recommending the opposite?

As I have also requested from other fake hakims on this forum, suggestions such as this are uninformed, from unqualified people and are potentially hazardous. How do you know the op has a dermatological issue? How do you know its not hormone related? Or an allergy? Or an auto immune reaction? Or nothing at all?

The family practitioner will be best placed to refer to the appropriate specialist rather than a google sooth sayer without qualification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Guest london jwaan said:

This is a pretty ignorant post Premi. Look up sycosis barbae as just one type, amongst many others that do cause hair loss. 

Aside from which, taking a crap outside in the open, using horse  and cart and drinking unpasteurised milk also did fine for people - why not continue? Antibiotics are an advancement in medicine - what are your qualifications and experience in recommending the opposite?

As I have also requested from other fake hakims on this forum, suggestions such as this are uninformed, from unqualified people and are potentially hazardous. How do you know the op has a dermatological issue? How do you know its not hormone related? Or an allergy? Or an auto immune reaction? Or nothing at all?

The family practitioner will be best placed to refer to the appropriate specialist rather than a google sooth sayer without qualification.

the only thing was suggested was a change in cleansing and moisturising but apparently the all-knowing jwaan knows unspoken words in people's minds too. Antibiotics should never be first port of call for any disease ...it is that unpard attitude during the previous decades that means we are approaching the point where antibiotics are failing majorly. 

All first paji said was how to encourage growth to even out his beard and mouch , both castor oil and coconut oil have been proven to improve hair growth as they are nourishing to the skin and hair . 

Second veer just wanted itch relief ...I was clarifying if it was a more involved scenario , e..g. hormonal or infection of scalp  but of course asking would be something you would never consider just laying down commands is your style . There are loads of irritants added in shampoo and soap formulae which can trigger skin problems , a simple change to milder baby-friendly formulae could resolve it , also moisturising the face with the skin calming  lotion I suggested after using it on my own kids and some extremely itchy skin allergy I had from a watch i.e. actual experience of relief and observed healing .

but you carry on ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Guest london jwaan said:

This is a pretty ignorant post Premi. Look up sycosis barbae as just one type, amongst many others that do cause hair loss. 

Aside from which, taking a crap outside in the open, using horse  and cart and drinking unpasteurised milk also did fine for people - why not continue? Antibiotics are an advancement in medicine - what are your qualifications and experience in recommending the opposite?

As I have also requested from other fake hakims on this forum, suggestions such as this are uninformed, from unqualified people and are potentially hazardous. How do you know the op has a dermatological issue? How do you know its not hormone related? Or an allergy? Or an auto immune reaction? Or nothing at all?

The family practitioner will be best placed to refer to the appropriate specialist rather than a google sooth sayer without qualification.

I cannot see from online research that sycosis Barbara actually causes hair loss. 

And actually, I know a lot of GP's personally and can tell you most of them wouldn't know much about treating such conditions and they would want you to see a Skin doctor with specialist interest in hair disorders. Maybe there is an underlying autoimmune condition 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest london jwaan
2 hours ago, Premi5 said:

I cannot see from online research that sycosis Barbara actually causes hair loss. 

And actually, I know a lot of GP's personally and can tell you most of them wouldn't know much about treating such conditions and they would want you to see a Skin doctor with specialist interest in hair disorders. Maybe there is an underlying autoimmune condition 

"online research"??? you mean googling? Im fatigues trying to explain to our community that google is not a substitute in any way for professional training. Be that medicine, law, accounting or others. 

If it was as easy as just googling, what the heck are medical students spending 5 years studying for if you know better just by googling??? Maybe your "research" didnt produce anything as it's Barbae not Barbara - as that's a woman's name.

It is wholly irrelevant which GPs you know or what you believe they would do or what you believe they know. They have professional medical training which would mandate them to perform blood tests if relevant, and refer them to any number of specialists that the consider relevant from an informed, medically trained perspective. This may or may not include seeing a dermatologist.

Oh and if you perform your "research" the first link that comes up is:

https://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/folliculitis-barbae/

And in it's first paragraph it says 

"Deep-seated folliculitis barbae is called sycosis barbae, and leads to scarring and areas of permanent hair loss"

Maybe you should see one of the GPs you know and get your eyes tested? 

WJKK WJKF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Guest london jwaan said:

"online research"??? you mean googling? Im fatigues trying to explain to our community that google is not a substitute in any way for professional training. Be that medicine, law, accounting or others. 

If it was as easy as just googling, what the heck are medical students spending 5 years studying for if you know better just by googling??? Maybe your "research" didnt produce anything as it's Barbae not Barbara - as that's a woman's name.

It is wholly irrelevant which GPs you know or what you believe they would do or what you believe they know. They have professional medical training which would mandate them to perform blood tests if relevant, and refer them to any number of specialists that the consider relevant from an informed, medically trained perspective. This may or may not include seeing a dermatologist.

Oh and if you perform your "research" the first link that comes up is:

https://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/folliculitis-barbae/

And in it's first paragraph it says 

"Deep-seated folliculitis barbae is called sycosis barbae, and leads to scarring and areas of permanent hair loss"

Maybe you should see one of the GPs you know and get your eyes tested? 

WJKK WJKF

I sent the original message from my phone, which 'auto-corrected' my post to say 'Barbara'.

If I said I was a medical professional  myself (I will leave it to you to decide whether I am or not) then maybe that would change your mind? And, your posts suggest you are a lay person not someone with a medical background.

I am quite sure the OP would have told us if his symptoms matched those of the pictures below from https://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/folliculitis-barbae/ which would cause pain and discomfort. I don't see that in the OP's post.

Folliculitis barbae
Folliculitis barbaeFolliculitis barbaeFolliculitis barbaeFolliculitis barbaeFolliculitis barbaeFolliculitis barbae
Sycosis barbae
Sycosis barbaeSycosis barbaeSycosis barbae
 
I can tell you not many GP's  will know a great deal about all hair disorders. And not many blood tests will help in diagnosis. Hopefully you do not think empirical blood tests and antibiotics replace a qualified medical professional's opinion.
 
Like I said before, the easiest and quickest way to clarify any underlying disease is likely by seeing a dermatologist privately if feasible. NHS waiting times for a dermatologist are generally several months at best.
Edited by Premi5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest london jwaan
3 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

the only thing was suggested was a change in cleansing and moisturising but apparently the all-knowing jwaan knows unspoken words in people's minds too. Antibiotics should never be first port of call for any disease ...it is that unpard attitude during the previous decades that means we are approaching the point where antibiotics are failing majorly. 

JKV - on many occasions you pipe up with total unsubstantiated bukwaas on many topics - but your frankly dangerous "medical" advice and suggestions is by far the most idiotic.

I know "unspoken words"?? Really? The responsible advice I gave the Op was to go and see a doctor. What kind of demented reality to do you live in where that is knowing unspoken anything? I dont know the Op, nor have any familiarity with his beard, but what I do know is going to see an authorised medical professional to get a professional diagnosis and treatment is the only responsible advice to be given.

And, from your total lack of intellect or an inability to understand anything factual, what your incessant googling probably hasnt told you, is that yes some bacteria are now becoming resistant to antibiotics, however, leaving an infection untreated will cause further complications, aside from which not all antibiotics are "majorly failing" that is factually incorrect. So if one needs antibiotics they should be taken quickly and for the whole course. The problem, is where people have been taking antibiotics where they are not needed i.e. for a cold.

"Antibiotics should never be first port of call for any disease" and they are not. But like I have mentioned, the Op may have an infection, I dont know. A doctor will establish that easily and it is for them to diagnose. Not for you to decide that they shouldnt be used, because you believe every illness is cause by magnesium deficiency that can be treated by sticking a handful of spinach up your bum....

So on the contrary, me suggesting going to see a doctor because the Op may  need antibiotics is not unpadh at all. What is ridiculously unpadh is that you believe sticking some ajwain seeds in your ear, inhaling some haldi or sticking a raw karela up your jagsaw is a treatment for anything - let alone more effective than conventional medicine. If there was such a thing I would nominate you as an undisputed winner of the all time most unpadh individual to have been born.

Like I said, if that works for you, go right ahead, but stop providing potentially dangerous advice to the public about something you have no professional knowledge of, have not trained in, and are not recognised for.

4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

All first paji said was how to encourage growth to even out his beard and mouch , both castor oil and coconut oil have been proven to improve hair growth as they are nourishing to the skin and hair . 

Proven? Sure about that? Do you know the definition of proven?

4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

if it was a more involved scenario , e..g. hormonal or infection of scalp  but of course asking would be something you would never consider just laying down commands is your style .

If it was a hormonal issue, how would you or I know? And even if the Op had it confirmed that it is, what were you going to suggest? Slapping moongi daal on it?

Commands??? LOL you <banned word filter activated>. Which command? " Go and see your GP" ? Well if thats a command I will say it again, no problem.

4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

There are loads of irritants added in shampoo and soap formulae which can trigger skin problems , a simple change to milder baby-friendly formulae could resolve it , also moisturising the face with the skin calming  lotion I suggested after using it on my own kids and some extremely itchy skin allergy I had from a watch i.e. actual experience of relief and observed healing .

How do you know what IT is? And what has what worked on your kids or you got to do with the Op? Thats what I mean about your ignorance.

If you believe or wanted to be a doctor you should have worked harder on your studies at school and got the grades to get you in to medical school. If youre not, well then youre not. IF you can relieve your ailments regardless ofhat they are by shoving a raw karela up your jagsaw, good luck to you but do not encourage others to delay treament and gamble with their health based on your unpadh views and frankly idiotic advice.

4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

but you carry on ...

An I will continue to do so, to counter your unsubstantiated BS.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest london jwaan
31 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

If I said I was a medical professional  myself (I will leave it to you to decide whether I am or not) then maybe that would change your mind? And, your posts suggest you are a lay person not someone with a medical background.

I know not or care about your professional status, and you my unpadh friend know nothing about mine. but I can say with some certainty, youre certainly not a doctor. 

37 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

I am quite sure the OP would have told us if his symptoms matched those of the pictures below from https://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/folliculitis-barbae/ which would cause pain and discomfort. I don't see that in the OP's post.

I havent anywhere suggested that the Op has sychosis barbae. If you read my prior post, that was posted to correct your previous nonsense that skin infections can not cause hair loss.

41 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

I can tell you not many GP's  will know a great deal about all hair disorders. And not many blood tests will help in diagnosis. Hopefully you do not think empirical blood tests and antibiotics replace a qualified medical professional's opinion.

The first port of call must be a GP. They will then decide which specialists the Op needs to see. Im not recommending blood tests and antibiotics at all. Im recommending that Op goes and sees a medical professional for gods sake. A qualified one, not a bogus hakim.

Not many blood tests will help??? You are definitely not a doctor. Hospital porter maybe. Underactive or overactive thyroid can cause hair loss. Haemoglobin and ferritin tests can also be conclusive.

But they might not be. And then it is up to the GP to refer the Op to a specialist.

Maybe its fungal? Who knows?

So choose what it is youre arguing about. That the Op should see a qualified medical professional? I couldnt agree more.

That the Op should go straight to a dermatologist? Well thats what I disagree with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Guest london jwaan said:

I know not or care about your professional status, and you my unpadh friend know nothing about mine. but I can say with some certainty, youre certainly not a doctor. 

 A qualified one, not a bogus hakim.

 

 

 I like the humble tone of your posts - you clearly are 'jwaan'. Why don't you get an account like most of us on here?

Who are these 'bogus hakims'? Why are they bogus?

Do you know medical professionals (I assume you mean MBBS) often are not able to solve presenting problems? Plenty of people find alternative practitioners more helpful in some cases. 

Anyone, I am done with this thread, I just hope the OP has bothered to follow it, and sorts their problems out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest Student

Appreciate the castor oil/coconut oil suggestions which ill give a try. Nothing to do with skin condition or any type of disease just lack of growth in a particular area. If people want to offer their opinions let them do so and dont criticise. If you think what someone says is nonsense thats fine keep it to yourself this in particular is not something to get riled up about.

Vjkk vjkf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×