Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sharon

I'd like a Sikh Friend

Guest Sharon

Hi, I'm 26 female from West Midlands. I was not raised in a religious family but I'm interested in learning about Sikhi. I speak little Punjabi. I don't have any friends and I would like to find a Sikh friend. I'm not very close to my family, my dad and brother ignore me and my mother passes away. My dad got remarried and his wife doesn't talk to me. It would be nice to have good company so I thought I'd ask if anyone would like to be friends and chat. 

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

You do have a friend: God. Whether you believe in Him or not, He will always be your friend and he will always be there during times of happiness and pain. When everyone else abandons you, He will be there to help you. If your family aren't very religious, then why don't be different to them and pray? Whether you are a Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jewish or Sikh it doesn't matter what religion you are but take out your time to pray and remember God. Find out more about your religion and implement it in your life. Most people who don't believe in God waste their lives doing bad things, you are quite young so don't waste your life because human life is very precious and very short so use it wisely. I am not trying to get at you at all but I am trying to make you realise that you do have a friend. I don't mind answering any questions you have about Sikhi so you can ask me a question and I will try to answer it.  ^_^^_^

VJKK VJKF

Guest PeaceTime

You came to this world from God/Waheguru and to God/Waheguru is your ultimate return. Remember that even our own soul that possess things, is itself departing, so don't worry about things that's departing from your soul. Stay strong and always ask The Creator to guide you to His paath!

Guest Singh

As above, when you realise this you will start to see everyone as a friend even the ones you do not get on with! What I believe you are asking for is someone to help you on your path into Sikhi....just by asking you have already started. Anyone on here including myself are friends 😊

Create an account on here and people will be able to send you a personal message (pm) and then u can share ur email or talk to them privately.

But if you would rather have public conversations, what are your hobbies/interests?

Are you from a punjabi family?

18 hours ago, Guest Sharon said:

Hi, I'm 26 female from West Midlands. I was not raised in a religious family but I'm interested in learning about Sikhi. I speak little Punjabi. I don't have any friends and I would like to find a Sikh friend. I'm not very close to my family, my dad and brother ignore me and my mother passes away. My dad got remarried and his wife doesn't talk to me. It would be nice to have good company so I thought I'd ask if anyone would like to be friends and chat. 

Are they any classes in regards to Sikhi at your local Gurdwara? Some Gurdwaras have days where bibian (ladies) do kirtan or have other activities going on. I think normally the elderly ones go, but it’s worth checking out. 

Edited by simran345
Or* spelling mistake.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• Exactly. To be proud of one's language we should strive to speak words from our own language. Rabb is a commonly heard word in our community, but many do not know that it is Arabic. We can use indigineous words such as Ishwar or Parmatma instead during daily discourse. It's actively trying to bring back words that we used but were forced to extinction in our language because of violent invaders.
    • The question would be are there arab loanwords that can be gotten rid off if we have perfectly good indigenous words we could use instead. For example, should we use sansaar instead of duniya.  What other words could we replace if it is already in our vocabulary. Do some us prefer the back throated sounds of the Arab words because we think it sounds sexy and we can pretend to be some pakhandi Sufi poet? 
    • We would also have a far deeper presence in the Gangetic Plains.  No British, no East India Company, no Purbia /Bihari army with no mutiny.  The last remaining mughals would have been finished off a lot quicker.  Awadh,  Agra,  Lucknow would have fallen into Sikh hands.  There would be a link of Sikhi stretching all the way to Patna. 
    • 19 11 2017 1) What costs more than riches but doesn't cost a penny; that's also hard to find yet easy to lose? 2) How can you make seven even? 3) If you have me, you want to share me. If you share me, you haven't got me. What am I? 4) What is so delicate that saying its name breaks it? 5) am free yet priceless, you can't own me but you can use me, you can't keep me but you can spend me. Once you lost me you can never have me back. What am I?   Well, the answers are : 1) Friend 2) Drop the  S 3) Secret 4) Silence 5)Time
    •   THIS IS EPIC A man was being interviewed for a post of a commando in the Army... Interviewer : we want a person with a suspicious mind,  always alert,  ready to attack, acute sense of hearing, detective ability, and most importantly, having a killer instinct ! So do you think you are eligible ? Man: Sir ....  can my wife apply ?     Made for each other.. Relationship is easy,
      when spouses know each other Here are 2 classic  examples: 1) A husband comes home after attending a club meeting.
      He tells his wife,“Dear there was a drinking competition after meeting today.” His wife spontaneously...,
         “Who got the second position?” 2) A wife tells her husband,
      “Dear there was a letter for you.
      It’s written on the envelope,
      ‘Private and confidential.’” The husband casually asks,
           “What was written inside?" Great understanding of each other.