singhbj singh

Sikh Marriage Proposal NYC Times Square

I think we're being a bit too critical here. I honestly did not see anything wrong with this proposal, it was an extremely sweet gesture. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Preeet said:

vaheguru ji ka khalsa
vaheguru ji ki fateh

prayers of both faiths? Did you have an interfaith byah? vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

my saure ghar are Christian although we both are totally in sikhi, They wanted to do shukrana after anand karaj was over

1 hour ago, TejS said:

I think we're being a bit too critical here. I honestly did not see anything wrong with this proposal, it was an extremely sweet gesture. 

Agree, it was a cool way to propose and they seemed to be happy with it. If that’s how they wanted to do it, then all the best to them. 

• Confused 1

Ehh.. Too cheesy.. blah. Roka/mangni/viaah should always stay simple. Our sikhi lifestyle should be simple down to earth.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

that's what the family tradition was ...akhand paat sewa by whole family , bheta to dharamshala of pind. Shaheedan Singh de naam te sewa (langar te nave bastar) of panj Gursikh . Family would do matha tek and ardas, bhog at dharamshala before going on janjh or in case of bibi before arrival of janjh. Full sewa was taken by family members ... 

In mine we did langar sewa as a couple before and after e.g.  making ladoo for sangat from scratch in gurdwara and all dishes, washing trays etc.

it's about love for Guru Panth ji just as much as Guru Granthji

You are right, Guru Sahibaan's taught Sikhs 'Do-it-yourself' approach.

There is no need to pay priestly class to do Paath & perform ceremony, Sikhs-Sangat can do that !

Akj & Bibeki's should have stopped the practice of having Anand Karaj at Gurdwara by paying committee or asking favours. They have Guru swaroop at home & believe in simplicity then why not have ceremony at place of residence ?

Edited by singhbj singh

3 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

You are right, Guru Sahibaan's taught Sikhs 'Do-it-yourself' approach.

There is no need to pay priestly class to do Paath & perform ceremony, Sikhs-Sangat can do that !

Akj & Bibeki's should have stopped the practice of having Anand Karaj at Gurdwara by paying committee or asking favours. They have Guru swaroop at home & believe in simplicity then why not have ceremony at place of residence ?

can understand in Uk as homes are so small , but usually AKJ do weddings in morning after rehnsabhai so it becomes a reason to take lots of Gurbani in before Anand karaj . 

On 16/11/2017 at 6:40 AM, singhbj singh said:

then why not have ceremony at place of residence ?

I don't think most people want to get married in their own homes