Here's why sikhs should stop marrying hindus altogether !!

23 hours ago, Punjabiwolves said:

So your basing  all Hindu and Hindu- Sikh marriages about this this incident and your personal experience living in Mumbai which is the home of RSS/Hindvita (or whatever they are called ).  Let me turn this around into a positive view against your  negative view based on my experience. 

My uncle  who is from Hindu background (Hindu Bharmin) married a Sikh women (arrange marriage) a few years later my Uncle become Amritdhari Sikh, His son and daughter  are both  Amritdhari Sikh,and proudly wear a dastar. There a few Hindu-Sikh marriages in my family which are going well 

One could say that if person visit  a Gudwara and bows down to the Sri guru Granth Shaib they are Sikh no matter what there surname or religious  background is.

I dot not consider myself a non Sikh even thou by name I am Hindu Bharmin but my beliefs and culture is more inline with Sikhs. Even thou I am not fully religious I know more about Sikhism then the average Sikh.

Do i think its right for me to marry a Sikhg Girl  ? yes because of  knowledge of Sikhi and my beliefs towards Sikhisim (like i said before i do not consider myself  a non Sikh.)  I would want my kids to follow and learn more about Sikhism and Punjabi culture. 

I would more likely   have more trouble marrying a strict Hindu as they disagree with my  religious views etc, 

Now they are Sikhs who are just Sikhs by Name. The smoke weed, get intoxicated know nothing about Sikhi. they are like "yo blood I am Sikh yo look at my blinked out Khanda neckless Jatt for for life you get me fam " these kind of Sikhs are more problem and danger to Sikhi and could ruin sikh families. 

However where I do agree your point against marrying a Hindu  if the Hindu family has no knowledge of Sikhi, never been to Gudwara, unwilling to bow down to Sri Guru Granth Shaib and would want to convert there wife/Husband  to Hinduism. 

Name means nothing its whats in the heart that counts . Just look at Bhai Mati Das for an example. 

sorry bro didn't mean to hurt you. Your brahmin side of family might be sincere with no vested interests. I am not saying all hindus are mean, but in recent decades the hindutva has become so rabid , i find it really hard to trust anyone (hindu) who gives a brotherly hug to sikhs . Is it to choke us , I wonder 

I have told them many a times on the face that "you can only define yourself, not others. We agree we're dharmic group of religions, but not hindu". But they're seemingly adamant which is what p*sses me off. 

14 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

LOL , if you read my post properly its more about the kids out of such marriages, not the marriage itself that I am opposed to . 

I wish I could marry , but thats not an option I have. I have had crushes on both hindu and muslim men and yes one sikh man too. He was a saabat soorat gursikh. 

But I like haircut guys more . I am just fascinated by their hair . I would date any hot dude , although most hotties here are hindu or muslim guys that i adore so much.^_^

bro im not homphobic but for someone like who seems to have a lot of knowledge on sikhi, who constantly speaks against hindus, someone who seems concerned by the state of modern day punjab its very contradicting that your gay with a preference to hindu and muslim men, especially due to their hair being cut. 

On 14/11/2017 at 7:09 AM, MrDoaba said:

As for Punjabi Hindus attending the Gurdwara, it's true many do attend and probably do feel more comfortable there, I've come across some who are basically Sikh - just as you have people who are Sikh in name but Hindu, you have people who are Hindu in name but Sikh (ironically some Sikhs would never accept them but are happy to push others out into the Hindu camp if they get even the slightest whiff of something Sanatan coming their way). And it's not just Punjabi Hindus who go to the Gurdwara - where I live pleny of Gujarati Hindus also attend, not just for the langar either, and some have been attending for years. I actually think there would be quite a few Hindus who would genuinely be interested in Sikhi but sadly there is no prachaar directed towards them

True . There's a reason why they come to gurudwara. Its a sequence of chronology when it comes to religions.

Sanatan mat is not one mat . Its actually a conglomeration of many many. Thats why some philosophers say hinduism shouldn't be called a religion, but rather a mix of many different ideas. For instance , the six schools of philosophy.

Then came Jainism with its harsh austerities. Even Sukhmani sahib had to comment "Jain maarag sanjam att saadhan" (Jain way is of much chastity and extreme austerity) . 

Then buddha saw that one hand people were fully into kaam sukh , and other hand they're putting themselves in harsh austerities for sake of religion . As he himself had gone through both paths, he was still searching for the path. He one day heard a stringed instrument student ask his teacher "How much should we pull the string taut?" The master replied "Not too loose, because then it won't make music. Not too tight, then it would break. Not too much, not too less". Buddha heard it and got his way , the "middle way" of buddhism where you don't put yourself in hunger and pain for sadhana but also don't go into too much kaam sukh. 

But it still required people to give up their families and earn by begging."bhikshu"

Next religion in india was Sikhi went one step further and said "You can do what buddha did , by remaining with ur families and doing ur duties". 

"Re mann aise kar sanyaasa. Ban se sadan sabhe kar samjho mann hi maahe udaasa" ~ Guru Gobind Singh ji maharaj

(O my mind do sanyaas in such a way. Consider your house as forest and practise detachment in your mind) 

This is why most people like to attend gurdwara 

On 14/11/2017 at 2:05 PM, Prokharkoo84 said:

bro im not homphobic but for someone like who seems to have a lot of knowledge on sikhi, who constantly speaks against hindus, someone who seems concerned by the state of modern day punjab its very contradicting that your gay with a preference to hindu and muslim men, especially due to their hair being cut. 

I do realize that I am a bag of contradictions . But I guess most seekers are in a way.

When I talk about sikhi I talk from a spiritual viewpoint, beyond the material world. But I am no saint. I too am conditioned by the 5 vices, and considering my nature, environment, etc , my preference makes sense. No ? lol

PS  : I don't have a lot of knowledge in sikhi. I don't speak against hindus, but hindutva. Big difference.  Infact I find hindu scriptures, esp vedant fascinating. 

On 12/11/2017 at 6:39 PM, Punjabiwolves said:

So your basing  all Hindu and Hindu- Sikh marriages about this this incident and your personal experience living in Mumbai which is the home of RSS/Hindvita (or whatever they are called ).  Let me turn this around into a positive view against your  negative view based on my experience. 

My uncle  who is from Hindu background (Hindu Bharmin) married a Sikh women (arrange marriage) a few years later my Uncle become Amritdhari Sikh, His son and daughter  are both  Amritdhari Sikh,and proudly wear a dastar. There a few Hindu-Sikh marriages in my family which are going well 

One could say that if person visit  a Gudwara and bows down to the Sri guru Granth Shaib they are Sikh no matter what there surname or religious  background is.

I dot not consider myself a non Sikh even thou by name I am Hindu Bharmin but my beliefs and culture is more inline with Sikhs. Even thou I am not fully religious I know more about Sikhism then the average Sikh.

Do i think its right foh me to marry a Sikhg Girl  ? yes because of  knowledge of Sikhi and my beliefs towards Sikhisim (like i said before i do not consider myself  a non Sikh.)  I would want my kids to follow and learn more about Sikhism and Punjabi culture. 

I would more likely   have more trouble marrying a strict Hindu as they disagree with my  religious views etc, 

Now they are Sikhs who are just Sikhs by Name. The smoke weed, get intoxicated know nothing about Sikhi. they are like "yo blood I am Sikh yo look at my blinked out Khanda neckless Jatt for for life you get me fam " these kind of Sikhs are more problem and danger to Sikhi and could ruin sikh families. 

However where I do agree your point against marrying a Hindu  if the Hindu family has no knowledge of Sikhi, never been to Gudwara, unwilling to bow down to Sri Guru Granth Shaib and would want to convert there wife/Husband  to Hinduism. 

Name means nothing its whats in the heart that counts . Just look at Bhai Mati Das for an example. 

veer ji 

How much do you think it was down to the fact you aunt was a sikh woman , that sikhi florished?

so by what you are saying you are more like a sehajdhari sikh , one from another faith but who identifies more with sikhi?

No one is a Brahmin UNLESS they have Brahmgian ... that is what I have heard ...so very few qualify I guess