Jump to content
monatosingh

#freejagginow

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

 

You don't seem to understand the point that I am making.

If someone who didn't know Sarbjit saw him in the street would they know that he is a Sikh?  No.  So he flies under the radar.

Guru Gobind Singh mandated that his Singhs should be instantly recognizable.  He did that for a reason.  If you have an issue with that and think that it is meaningless or pointless, that is your choice. 

I fully understand the point your trying to make, what i don't understand is what relevance it has with the issue at hand, here we have a guy who's only crime was point out the human rights violations perpetrated by the Indian government during and after 1984, as a result of this he's been arrested and has been sat in a jail for 24 day's, tortured both mentally and physically, been denied access to the British consulate and god only knows what else he's going through, him having a turban or cut hair has nothing to do with anything, i apologise for my annoyance but I've been conversing with you over something which is minuscule in relevance to what's actually happened here.

I am well aware of what Guru Gobind Singh Ji mandated and have no issue with that, your while point is about Sikh's with cut hair (if such a thing can exist) not being recognisable as a Sikh, i take your point and leave you to your opinion and am closing this discussion and as already mentioned, it's worth going back on topic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this Jaggi guy was flying under the radar on account of being a mona, he's done a rather poor job of it, lol. He's got himself nabbed by a hostile foreign government.  

Like it or not, there'll need to be more moneh like Jaggi and the fellow behind Rajoana TV, who'll need to step up and do good for the cause in the decades to come, because if we want to combat the narrative that Sikhs with kesh are "mini-Bhindrawale" (not my words) who are always itching for a fight and looking to disrupt a harmonious communal spirit (lol), then all types of believers will need to play a role. I firmly believe when the soul craves Gursikhi, guys like Jaggi and others will enter the fold. Have some faith in your Guru.

Edited by MisterrSingh
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kcmidlands said:

I fully understand the point your trying to make, what i don't understand is what relevance it has with the issue at hand, here we have a guy who's only crime was point out the human rights violations perpetrated by the Indian government during and after 1984, as a result of this he's been arrested and has been sat in a jail for 24 day's, tortured both mentally and physically, been denied access to the British consulate and god only knows what else he's going through, him having a turban or cut hair has nothing to do with anything, i apologise for my annoyance but I've been conversing with you over something which is minuscule in relevance to what's actually happened here.

I am well aware of what Guru Gobind Singh Ji mandated and have no issue with that, your while point is about Sikh's with cut hair (if such a thing can exist) not being recognisable as a Sikh, i take your point and leave you to your opinion and am closing this discussion and as already mentioned, it's worth going back on topic.

 

The relevance is has to the matter at hand has to do with a question someone else posed  ("why would someone like jaggi who has been raising awareness of the Indian govt's atrocities against Sikhs risk going to Punjab, knowing the risk it might pose?).  However, the question I was responding to was not particularly important in the larger context of what is going on.  So yes, this discussion has probably gone on too long (and I've apparently hurt lots of people's feelings), so it should be closed.

Edited by californiasardar1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kcmidlands said:

I fully understand the point your trying to make, what i don't understand is what relevance it has with the issue at hand, here we have a guy who's only crime was point out the human rights violations perpetrated by the Indian government during and after 1984, as a result of this he's been arrested and has been sat in a jail for 24 day's, tortured both mentally and physically, been denied access to the British consulate and god only knows what else he's going through, him having a turban or cut hair has nothing to do with anything, i apologise for my annoyance but I've been conversing with you over something which is minuscule in relevance to what's actually happened here.

I am well aware of what Guru Gobind Singh Ji mandated and have no issue with that, your while point is about Sikh's with cut hair (if such a thing can exist) not being recognisable as a Sikh, i take your point and leave you to your opinion and am closing this discussion and as already mentioned, it's worth going back on topic.

 

To get back on topic: Amarinder Singh and others have been claiming that Jaggi was arrested for his role in recent political killings.  Based on everything I've read about this issue, that seems completely ludicrous to me, and I strongly suspect that Jaggi was being targeted simply for his online activism.  (Amarinder's feelings are still hurt over his being prevented from campaigning in Canada due to a torture case being filed against him.  I think this may be part of a larger goal of his to get back at the "Khalistani-sympathizing" NRI community that has made life more difficult for him.)

 

Does anyone think that there is any chance that any of the accusations (or anything remotely like them) made against Jaggi are true?  Regardless of whether or not they are true, there is no excuse for him being tortured and denied his basic rights.  But I am keeping my fingers crossed that the allegations are false, because if any of them are true, it will weaken our ability to rally support from foreign govts to intervene in future incidents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2017 at 11:22 PM, californiasardar1 said:

 

I fear that even if he is eventually set free, it will be after he has wasted precious months (if not years) of his life imprisoned.

 

I am very glad that the UK sangat is engaged and using all of their resources to help Jaggi.

 

As for the sangat in Punjab, I fear that they are disillusioned and consumed with other problems ...

 

 

Hopefully something is done. The UK is full of Lawyers and educated folk. Maybe people who know the law well could form a group and share and use their knowledge. If not done already.

Maybe lawyers who use Sikh Sangat. 

This is why I wanted to become a Lawyer, to fight for Human Rights. 

Unfortunately I never fulfilled this dream. 

Edited by LightofNaam
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

If this Jaggi guy was flying under the radar on account of being a mona, he's done a rather poor job of it, lol. He's got himself nabbed by a hostile foreign government.  

Like it or not, there'll need to be more moneh like Jaggi and the fellow behind Rajoana TV, who'll need to step up and do good for the cause in the decades to come, because if we want to combat the narrative that Sikhs with kesh are "mini-Bhindrawale" (not my words) who are always itching for a fight and looking to disrupt a harmonious communal spirit (lol), then all types of believers will need to play a role. I firmly believe when the soul craves Gursikhi, guys like Jaggi and others will enter the fold. Have some faith in your Guru.

@kcmidlands

Flying under the radar means looking like rest of the folks.  Jaggi has no distinguishing Sikh religious mark to say he is a Sikh like an amritdharis does.  If putting up a website on 1984 massacre of many Sikhs was a distinguishing mark of the Sikh religion, then why didn't the Indian government pick up jaggi as soon as he got off of the plane in India?  Why didn't they catch on right away?  If anything this provides more to say how a Mona can fly under the radar even after making a website showing Indian government genocide against the Sikhs.

And now I will wait for someone to say I am against Jaggi and get all emotional.  

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What can be learnt from all this.

There are many Sikhs who will speak out against the atrocities but can be picked up and detained on false charges.

We need to have a strategy in place on terms what we collectively do.

We need to understand what the mechanics are, who are the main influencers, how to become more persuasive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/12/2017 at 6:15 PM, Ranjeet01 said:

What can be learnt from all this.

There are many Sikhs who will speak out against the atrocities but can be picked up and detained on false charges.

We need to have a strategy in place on terms what we collectively do.

We need to understand what the mechanics are, who are the main influencers, how to become more persuasive. 

in the old days when the delhi raj said don't this thing , Guru ji taught us to that thing and Datt ke ...and encourage everyone to do it . So instead of everyone quietening down , do the opposite and make it policy to highlight EVERY human right issue, every abuse of law, put faces to names , publish it world wide  in other words pick up the torches left by Jaggi , Khalra saab and all the other brave souls 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully, next he will go to India:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42289861

Boris Johnson has arrived in Iran, where he will raise "grave concerns" over the imprisonment of British-Iranian Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.

The UK foreign secretary will call for the release of the 37-year-old mother-of-one on humanitarian grounds, along with other dual nationals.

Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe has been held in Tehran since April 2016 after being accused of spying, which she denies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read Sikh prisoners account of years of torture they been through, just for listening to Sikh freedom speeches...hit on head until blind, and still going through such torture...Bhai Pal Singh Jio is innocent and tortured until blind in one eye.  HE WAS IS INNOCENT...Dhan Vahiguroo that he is free_/\_.

They tortured Sikhs, other minorities in india, with excuse of fighting terrorism, and they are also in western countries causing same trouble with same lies that all religious muslims and sikhs are terrorists!

Ask Scotland MP, why is he not visiting Jaggi, and personally view fake evidence?

Facebook not much effect, just waste of time, so doing Sukhmani Sahib Path is my sabna paviterr charan hath jorr benti, to do for all Singh in captivity Jio_/\_

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats the latest news on the free jaggi campaign?

Btw has any of his family or friends approached channel 4 new journalists/presenters?

Usually they cover these kinda of human rights stories especially if it concerns british citizens and make a huge deal about it in the mainstream media.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, kcmidlands said:

While i know most on this forum don't really like Sunny Hundal, this article written by him pretty much hits the nail on the head.

http://barficulture.tv/world/103

 

it is not by sunny but thepck themselves who Taljit Singh is , another person rounded up and tortured unfortunately an indian citizen from Jammu so no hope of rescue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Anyone who stops halfway will go straight to a well and jump down it before they realised they had actually stopped halfway... halfway down a well and halfway the deed... leaves you only one option. ... downwards with the gravity. Even kabir ji says... visreya jin naam te pue bhaar thiye.  When you don't jup naam you become a burden on the earth. .. your weight becomes heavier for the earth to bear. Naam jup makes you feel lighter. What exactly is the halfway if you never completed a task. Is quarter way fine will be the next question.  Well just stop before you start coz a well is hard to find. Even harder is jumping down one once you have found it.
    • Anyone who stops halfway will go straight to a well and jump down it before they realised they had actually stopped halfway... halfway down a well and halfway the deed... leaves you only one option. ... downwards with the gravity. Even kabir ji says... visreya jin naam te pue bhaar thiye.  When you don't jup naam you become a burden on the earth. .. your weight becomes heavier for the earth to bear. Naam jup makes you feel lighter.
    • Maharaj aap ji ethe vi hun darshan dinde oo. Awesome man!
    • I'm in a position where if I make a joke, there is a high risk of it being taken seriously. So I'm actually gonna be serious and say, no I don't believe Sikhs actually do this. Doing ardaas halfway through has to be the most ridiculous thing I've heard. If one had such self-control in the first place, one would not be in that situation. Although it might work if you're praying for some divine contraception there. Japping Naam on the job...just plain weird, super weird.
×