9 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

You don't seem to understand the point that I am making.

If someone who didn't know Sarbjit saw him in the street would they know that he is a Sikh?  No.  So he flies under the radar.

Guru Gobind Singh mandated that his Singhs should be instantly recognizable.  He did that for a reason.  If you have an issue with that and think that it is meaningless or pointless, that is your choice. 

I fully understand the point your trying to make, what i don't understand is what relevance it has with the issue at hand, here we have a guy who's only crime was point out the human rights violations perpetrated by the Indian government during and after 1984, as a result of this he's been arrested and has been sat in a jail for 24 day's, tortured both mentally and physically, been denied access to the British consulate and god only knows what else he's going through, him having a turban or cut hair has nothing to do with anything, i apologise for my annoyance but I've been conversing with you over something which is minuscule in relevance to what's actually happened here.

I am well aware of what Guru Gobind Singh Ji mandated and have no issue with that, your while point is about Sikh's with cut hair (if such a thing can exist) not being recognisable as a Sikh, i take your point and leave you to your opinion and am closing this discussion and as already mentioned, it's worth going back on topic.

If this Jaggi guy was flying under the radar on account of being a mona, he's done a rather poor job of it, lol. He's got himself nabbed by a hostile foreign government.  

Like it or not, there'll need to be more moneh like Jaggi and the fellow behind Rajoana TV, who'll need to step up and do good for the cause in the decades to come, because if we want to combat the narrative that Sikhs with kesh are "mini-Bhindrawale" (not my words) who are always itching for a fight and looking to disrupt a harmonious communal spirit (lol), then all types of believers will need to play a role. I firmly believe when the soul craves Gursikhi, guys like Jaggi and others will enter the fold. Have some faith in your Guru.

Edited by MisterrSingh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, kcmidlands said:

I fully understand the point your trying to make, what i don't understand is what relevance it has with the issue at hand, here we have a guy who's only crime was point out the human rights violations perpetrated by the Indian government during and after 1984, as a result of this he's been arrested and has been sat in a jail for 24 day's, tortured both mentally and physically, been denied access to the British consulate and god only knows what else he's going through, him having a turban or cut hair has nothing to do with anything, i apologise for my annoyance but I've been conversing with you over something which is minuscule in relevance to what's actually happened here.

I am well aware of what Guru Gobind Singh Ji mandated and have no issue with that, your while point is about Sikh's with cut hair (if such a thing can exist) not being recognisable as a Sikh, i take your point and leave you to your opinion and am closing this discussion and as already mentioned, it's worth going back on topic.

The relevance is has to the matter at hand has to do with a question someone else posed  ("why would someone like jaggi who has been raising awareness of the Indian govt's atrocities against Sikhs risk going to Punjab, knowing the risk it might pose?).  However, the question I was responding to was not particularly important in the larger context of what is going on.  So yes, this discussion has probably gone on too long (and I've apparently hurt lots of people's feelings), so it should be closed.

Edited by californiasardar1

14 minutes ago, kcmidlands said:

To get back on topic: Amarinder Singh and others have been claiming that Jaggi was arrested for his role in recent political killings.  Based on everything I've read about this issue, that seems completely ludicrous to me, and I strongly suspect that Jaggi was being targeted simply for his online activism.  (Amarinder's feelings are still hurt over his being prevented from campaigning in Canada due to a torture case being filed against him.  I think this may be part of a larger goal of his to get back at the "Khalistani-sympathizing" NRI community that has made life more difficult for him.)

Does anyone think that there is any chance that any of the accusations (or anything remotely like them) made against Jaggi are true?  Regardless of whether or not they are true, there is no excuse for him being tortured and denied his basic rights.  But I am keeping my fingers crossed that the allegations are false, because if any of them are true, it will weaken our ability to rally support from foreign govts to intervene in future incidents.

On 27/11/2017 at 11:22 PM, californiasardar1 said:

I fear that even if he is eventually set free, it will be after he has wasted precious months (if not years) of his life imprisoned.

I am very glad that the UK sangat is engaged and using all of their resources to help Jaggi.

As for the sangat in Punjab, I fear that they are disillusioned and consumed with other problems ...

Hopefully something is done. The UK is full of Lawyers and educated folk. Maybe people who know the law well could form a group and share and use their knowledge. If not done already.

Maybe lawyers who use Sikh Sangat. 

This is why I wanted to become a Lawyer, to fight for Human Rights. 

Unfortunately I never fulfilled this dream. 

Edited by LightofNaam
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

If this Jaggi guy was flying under the radar on account of being a mona, he's done a rather poor job of it, lol. He's got himself nabbed by a hostile foreign government.  

Like it or not, there'll need to be more moneh like Jaggi and the fellow behind Rajoana TV, who'll need to step up and do good for the cause in the decades to come, because if we want to combat the narrative that Sikhs with kesh are "mini-Bhindrawale" (not my words) who are always itching for a fight and looking to disrupt a harmonious communal spirit (lol), then all types of believers will need to play a role. I firmly believe when the soul craves Gursikhi, guys like Jaggi and others will enter the fold. Have some faith in your Guru.

@kcmidlands

Flying under the radar means looking like rest of the folks.  Jaggi has no distinguishing Sikh religious mark to say he is a Sikh like an amritdharis does.  If putting up a website on 1984 massacre of many Sikhs was a distinguishing mark of the Sikh religion, then why didn't the Indian government pick up jaggi as soon as he got off of the plane in India?  Why didn't they catch on right away?  If anything this provides more to say how a Mona can fly under the radar even after making a website showing Indian government genocide against the Sikhs.

And now I will wait for someone to say I am against Jaggi and get all emotional.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

What can be learnt from all this.

There are many Sikhs who will speak out against the atrocities but can be picked up and detained on false charges.

We need to have a strategy in place on terms what we collectively do.

We need to understand what the mechanics are, who are the main influencers, how to become more persuasive. 

On 03/12/2017 at 6:15 PM, Ranjeet01 said:

What can be learnt from all this.

There are many Sikhs who will speak out against the atrocities but can be picked up and detained on false charges.

We need to have a strategy in place on terms what we collectively do.

We need to understand what the mechanics are, who are the main influencers, how to become more persuasive. 

in the old days when the delhi raj said don't this thing , Guru ji taught us to that thing and Datt ke ...and encourage everyone to do it . So instead of everyone quietening down , do the opposite and make it policy to highlight EVERY human right issue, every abuse of law, put faces to names , publish it world wide  in other words pick up the torches left by Jaggi , Khalra saab and all the other brave souls 

Hopefully, next he will go to India:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42289861

Boris Johnson has arrived in Iran, where he will raise "grave concerns" over the imprisonment of British-Iranian Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.

The UK foreign secretary will call for the release of the 37-year-old mother-of-one on humanitarian grounds, along with other dual nationals.

Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe has been held in Tehran since April 2016 after being accused of spying, which she denies.

Read Sikh prisoners account of years of torture they been through, just for listening to Sikh freedom speeches...hit on head until blind, and still going through such torture...Bhai Pal Singh Jio is innocent and tortured until blind in one eye.  HE WAS IS INNOCENT...Dhan Vahiguroo that he is free_/\_.

They tortured Sikhs, other minorities in india, with excuse of fighting terrorism, and they are also in western countries causing same trouble with same lies that all religious muslims and sikhs are terrorists!

Ask Scotland MP, why is he not visiting Jaggi, and personally view fake evidence?

Facebook not much effect, just waste of time, so doing Sukhmani Sahib Path is my sabna paviterr charan hath jorr benti, to do for all Singh in captivity Jio_/\_

• Like 1