#freejagginow

Guest GuestSingh
4 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

If there is a sample letter I can use, I will write to my MP.

Thanks

Veer,

1) visit http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

pop in your postcode and make a note of your MPs name and email address.

2) copy and paste the letter below to your MP;

Insert his or her name at top of the letter and insert your own details at the bottom. You must add your own name and address.

Please copy sikhfederationuk@yahoo.co.uk on your message so they can record which MPs have been contacted by their constituents.

or

You can e-mail your MP by using this link
https://www.writetothem.com/ 

But make sure you send a separate note to sikhfederationuk@yahoo.co.uk to let them know which MP you have made contact with.

It will take seconds to do! DO IT NOW. Do not put this off for later.

Background:

Jagtar Singh Johal is a 30 year old British Citizen who went to Punjab to get married.

*He was abducted 4th November 2017 and taken into police custody.

*He is being tortured by Punjab Police

*He has not been charged with a crime

*He has been denied legal representation

*His whereabouts are unknown

RE: #FreeJaggiNow 

Dear [Insert MPs name]

Urgent Action Appeal: To protect a British Sikh national kidnapped and detained by police in India 

I am deeply concerned and worried to hear about the abduction and detention of Jagtar Singh Johal, a 30-year old UK citizen from Dumbarton, by the Indian police in Punjab since the 4 November 2017. 

Jagtar traveled to Punjab with his family on 2 October for his wedding that took place on 18 October and had been there for nearly five weeks when he was swooped upon.  He had previously traveled to Punjab earlier this year in April for his engagement and stayed there for seven weeks without any difficulties. 

Jagtar was out shopping with his newly wed wife and female cousin when he was abducted. There have been numerous national media reports that highlight his situation – see links at the foot of this letter.

On 5 November he was presented in court and was placed in police remand for five days.   This was extended for four days on 10 November.  His family in India and in the UK have been threatened and harassed.

It is unbelievable that to date the British High Commission has not been granted access to meet him to ensure themselves of his mental and physical well-being.  Furthermore he has been denied contact with his legal representatives and his family.  He has not been charged and his family fear he is being tortured.  

As a constituent I would urge you to:

a. Contact his local MP Martin Docherty-Hughes to discuss how you can assist to secure his immediate release and return to the UK.

b. Write to the Foreign Secretary on my behalf to ensure this case is given a much higher priority and to put pressure on the Indian authorities.

c. Write to complain to the Indian High Commission in London on the treatment of a British national and his family members in the UK. 

Please copy me your letters to the Foreign Secretary and Indian High Commission in London and any responses when they are received.  Also please liaise with Preet Kaur Gill MP the Chair of the APPG for British Sikhs who is also in direct contact with the family.

Yours sincerely,

Your name 

full postal address, 

including postcode

Links to national media reports:

*The Times - Scot held in India ‘influenced youth’

*BBC News - Scots activist arrested in India for online 'influence'

*Independent - British tourist arrested in India for 'influencing the youth through social media'

*Evening Express - Briton accused by Indian authorities of ‘influencing youth through social media’

*The Scotsman - Scot forced into back of a van and held in India

*The Scottish Sun – Scot on holiday to India has  sack thrown over his head before being thrown into a van by cops for ‘influencing through social media’

7 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

Veer,

1) visit http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

pop in your postcode and make a note of your MPs name and email address.

2) copy and paste the letter below to your MP;

Insert his or her name at top of the letter and insert your own details at the bottom. You must add your own name and address.

Please copy sikhfederationuk@yahoo.co.uk on your message so they can record which MPs have been contacted by their constituents.

or

You can e-mail your MP by using this link
https://www.writetothem.com/ 

But make sure you send a separate note to sikhfederationuk@yahoo.co.uk to let them know which MP you have made contact with.

It will take seconds to do! DO IT NOW. Do not put this off for later.

Background:

Jagtar Singh Johal is a 30 year old British Citizen who went to Punjab to get married.

*He was abducted 4th November 2017 and taken into police custody.

*He is being tortured by Punjab Police

*He has not been charged with a crime

*He has been denied legal representation

*His whereabouts are unknown

RE: #FreeJaggiNow 

Dear [Insert MPs name]

Urgent Action Appeal: To protect a British Sikh national kidnapped and detained by police in India 

I am deeply concerned and worried to hear about the abduction and detention of Jagtar Singh Johal, a 30-year old UK citizen from Dumbarton, by the Indian police in Punjab since the 4 November 2017. 

Jagtar traveled to Punjab with his family on 2 October for his wedding that took place on 18 October and had been there for nearly five weeks when he was swooped upon.  He had previously traveled to Punjab earlier this year in April for his engagement and stayed there for seven weeks without any difficulties. 

Jagtar was out shopping with his newly wed wife and female cousin when he was abducted. There have been numerous national media reports that highlight his situation – see links at the foot of this letter.

On 5 November he was presented in court and was placed in police remand for five days.   This was extended for four days on 10 November.  His family in India and in the UK have been threatened and harassed.

It is unbelievable that to date the British High Commission has not been granted access to meet him to ensure themselves of his mental and physical well-being.  Furthermore he has been denied contact with his legal representatives and his family.  He has not been charged and his family fear he is being tortured.  

As a constituent I would urge you to:

a. Contact his local MP Martin Docherty-Hughes to discuss how you can assist to secure his immediate release and return to the UK.

b. Write to the Foreign Secretary on my behalf to ensure this case is given a much higher priority and to put pressure on the Indian authorities.

c. Write to complain to the Indian High Commission in London on the treatment of a British national and his family members in the UK. 

Please copy me your letters to the Foreign Secretary and Indian High Commission in London and any responses when they are received.  Also please liaise with Preet Kaur Gill MP the Chair of the APPG for British Sikhs who is also in direct contact with the family.

Yours sincerely,

Your name 

full postal address, 

including postcode

Links to national media reports:

*The Times - Scot held in India ‘influenced youth’

*BBC News - Scots activist arrested in India for online 'influence'

*Independent - British tourist arrested in India for 'influencing the youth through social media'

*Evening Express - Briton accused by Indian authorities of ‘influencing youth through social media’

*The Scotsman - Scot forced into back of a van and held in India

*The Scottish Sun – Scot on holiday to India has  sack thrown over his head before being thrown into a van by cops for ‘influencing through social media’

Done, thank you, sent to my local MP

Sikh channel should start a fundraising campaign to get Jagtar Johal the best legal representation.

I m disappointed with number of responses to this topic, show your support for Jagtar and family

Are people afraid of Indian intelligence, and scared to do the right and justice thing

21 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

what about Taljit SIngh  supposedly he's from London  any news ?
There's going to be a protest outside Foreign office in London 12pm -2pm for Jaggi

Taljit Singh was picked up at dehli airport end of october and is linked to the same cases as jaggi and co. I think hes from jammu and was staying in england for a bit. and yes demonstration is today outside Foreign office in London 12pm -2pm for Jaggi Johal

Strange case this.

1) First this juggi guy is involved in the nerverforget84 website raising awareness of the Sikh genocide by the Indians yet goes to india punjab even knowing the type corrupt and brutal undemocratic anti-human rights establishment that still exists there. Why take the risk?

2)The turbanned Sikh MP of slough who is seemingly is seen as a pro-sikh human rights advocate is more concerned about railway than life and treatment of a fellow british Sikh detained by indian authorities.

3) British Sikhs are again doing useless fruitless protests rather than taking lawful direct action or using international human rights and law bodies to detain indian officials / assets until they release the british citizen. So like the british govt detained iranian offcials connected to their regime few years ago so the iranian regime detained the british iranian spy woman working for MI6 naznine. Iranians want their officials released and the £450 million debt uk govt owes to the iranian govt to be paid in full. Similarly Indian officials when visiting the UK should be given a citizens arrest and detained for the crimes of corrupt Indian regime/establishment against Sikhs and other minorities within the Indian union.

2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

1. nothing strange  ... he went to get engaged and married ...just like a whole lot of our families. Mum had done the rishta with older bro's help before passing

2 Tan dhesi has been involved too, but Preet Kaur Gill is the leader of the cross-party political group helping sikhs

3 grow up , you can't just wander into another country and do what you like neither can you detain officials this isn't India diplomatic immunity means something in international law.. india refused to sign the international accord on human rights which included agreement to not use torture or compelled confessions so there you have proof positive that India cannot be touched by that law as they didn't agree to be bound by it.

Nazanin is not a british spy , and she too is suffering Iranian jail away from her husband and child , she has been held on a false case and will have another tried which she will possibly be locked up for 16 years . The human right organisations are trying their best to highlight her case.

1) Yes It's strange because he is not mr average joe british punjabi going for a holiday. I am fully supportive of his earliest release by the authorities in punjab. However to me this case is abnormal as for a british born guy who is against the Indian establishment by highlighting their crimes online to the world then wonders off to the same country on holiday that does not acknowledge the horrible genocidal crimes it committed against his community nor jails those responsible but gives them high govermental posts and z+ commando secutity. You think India has civilized? their drunkard uncivilized police is not using torture against their own and foreign civilians? not corrupt? I certainly wouldn't take the risk going to India unless I was there to help bring down the corrupt regime that's for sure.

Why dont you see activists in the west like those who campaign against human rights abuses go to countries such as saudi, china, etc? because they would be tortured and/or killed by the corrupt brutal evil regimes. So I'm guessing he knew the risks but  just got unlucky cos India does have a pretty top of the range cyber intelligence monitoring facilities, they have started to oppress, raid and jail those citizens who raise their voices against state corruption and state terrorism by india.. its strange he didnt think Indian authorities would not be keen to pick people like him up. He is lucky he is Britsh and Sikhs in the west will raise their voice for him and tarnish India's image aboard and harm india's national interests too if need be.

Why you think a black lists exists against Sikhs born in India? As they actively campaign against Indian establishment for their terrorism against Sikh civilians. Why do you think they never go back to India? come on use your brain...

2) Tan Dhesi  MP can only do so much for Sikh causes his primary objective is to cater for his constituents who elected him either way he is a visible symbol of a British born Sikh in the houses of parliament and he must recognise he represents the interests of the British Sikh population who look to him aswell as Preet Kaur MP to raise their voices for their fellow Sikh being held unjustifiably by the Indian authorities. Just as Muslim MP's fight for causes for their religious community as do Jewish MP's for Israels' interests and as do Hindu MP's for India's interests. Sikh MP's should actively fight for self determination of a Sikh homeland, highlight human rights abuses against Sikhs aboard and aswell as deal with issues and concerns of their constituents.

3) And no you grow up. There is a such a thing as doing a citizens arrest against known criminals. If British Sikhs are so passionate about protesting let them take direct action in arresting these dodgy Indian officials when they visit the UK to serve as a deterrent against Sikhs being killed or detained in india for dodgy grounds or anti-human rights reasons. Sometimes you gotta take a stand on an issue you care passionately about.

If you remember the case of gay human rights activist peter thatchill he tried to make a citizens arrest of zimbabawe president robert mugabe when he visited the UK he failed to do that but it highlighted in the media further the crimes of mugabe . If even 100 Sikhs did the same the next time a high ranking India official came to visit the UK there will be a mini riot and it will radicalise a whole generation of sleeping well integrated and law abiding british Sikhs against injustices of any state that physically attacks them (which the govt can ill afford)

Nothing in life is given to you on a plate you have to fight for it and ensure you keep fighting to maintain your human rights and equal treatment in society.

4) And lastly Nazanin is a british Spy working for MI6 and she is married to a fellow officer. UK foreign secretary Boris johnson MP the goof, let the cat out of the bag when he told the parliamentary committee she was training iranians how to be journalists, he wouldn't have said such a specific thing if it wasnt true and he wasn't briefed about it by intelligence officers. And if you know anything about foreign intelligence gathering you'd know must foreign spies work under cover as journalists and in NGO's to give a free pass in accessing area's or influencing populations of their enemy/rivals.

So come on time to wake up and come into the real world, what you see on the news is only half the story. The true full story they never want to reveal openly cos it could harm their governments national and economic interests.