#freejagginow

12 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

Thanks for your assessment.  You've made it clear through your posts that you're a dimwit who lacks basic reading comprehension skills, is incapable of having a nuanced conversation about anything, and brings very little to the table beyond ad hominem attacks.

Balle Shera only you know how to read and write... no matter how educated you claim to be (similar to other idiots like prof darshan sio and dilgeer) your lack of basic akal and common sense prevails you. Now stick to being a bitter nindak and stop doing my head in.

12 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

I do not doubt that there are many Punjabis with hair cuts who have great respect for Sikhi.  I'm sure the vast majority of monay are much better Sikhs than I am.  But why is it offensive to simply refer to the fact that they have haircuts (without making any value judgment)?

You say that Sarbjit Singh from Rajoanatv does not fly under the radar.  That's not true.  Unless you know him from his youtube channel or some other presentation he has made at some sort of Sikh related event, he flys under the radar as much as any other mona does. 

If you did not know who he was and saw him on the street, would you know that he is a Sikh?  No.  If I was walking down the street and saw him, I might guess that he was possibly Persian, Mexican, Turkish, Pakistani, Arabic, a Hindu/Muslim Indian, etc.  That's why I say that monay fly under the radar.  Only people who know them personally know that they are Sikh. 

When he feels like identifying himself as a Sikh, Sarbjit Singh Rajoanatv can tie a kesri or blue ramal, sit in front of a picture of Bhindranwale, and record his videos (he makes very nice, passionate videos, even if he does a sloppy fact checking).  Other times, he can walk around and nobody who doesn't already know him will know that he is a Sikh.  He can fly under the radar.

Sloppy fact checking? CALFORNIA-NINDAK... you really are a bitter sad little man, Sarbjit has done more than you will ever do and yet you got the nerve to question him. If he is saying something that isnt factually correct, why dont you either contact him and help? Or make your own videos with a view to sharing facts? Nope instead you chat baquas on this like your better than everyone else.

49 minutes ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

Sloppy fact checking? CALFORNIA-NINDAK... you really are a bitter sad little man, Sarbjit has done more than you will ever do and yet you got the nerve to question him. If he is saying something that isnt factually correct, why dont you either contact him and help? Or make your own videos with a view to sharing facts? Nope instead you chat baquas on this like your better than everyone else.

Yes, let's not question anything that anyone does, as long as they have good intentions. 

3 hours ago, kcmidlands said:

I actually do know Sarbjit personally and to say he fly's under the radar is nonsense, just because he's not in the public eye defending Sikhi all the time doesn't mean he's "flying under the radar".

Like i've already said, there are plenty of turban wearing Sikhs who fly under the radar and only come out when it's in there interest, just go to any Gurdwara in the UK, they're called committee members, like i said, each to their own.

You don't seem to understand the point that I am making.

If someone who didn't know Sarbjit saw him in the street would they know that he is a Sikh?  No.  So he flies under the radar.

Guru Gobind Singh mandated that his Singhs should be instantly recognizable.  He did that for a reason.  If you have an issue with that and think that it is meaningless or pointless, that is your choice. 

Can we go back on topic please.

Police are extending days (remand). 

He was arrested on the 4th of November and it's been 24 days.

I agree with a post earlier on, MP's aren't really going to help. Peaceful protests in India won't help either. Protests may simply anger whoever is in charge and inflict the anger on Jaggi by further torture.

13 minutes ago, kcmidlands said:

I fully understand the point your trying to make, what i don't understand is what relevance it has with the issue at hand, here we have a guy who's only crime was point out the human rights violations perpetrated by the Indian government during and after 1984, as a result of this he's been arrested and has been sat in a jail for 24 day's, tortured both mentally and physically, been denied access to the British consulate and god only knows what else he's going through, him having a turban or cut hair has nothing to do with anything, i apologise for my annoyance but I've been conversing with you over something which is minuscule in relevance to what's actually happened here.

I am well aware of what Guru Gobind Singh Ji mandated and have no issue with that, your while point is about Sikh's with cut hair (if such a thing can exist) not being recognisable as a Sikh, i take your point and leave you to your opinion and am closing this discussion and as already mentioned, it's worth going back on topic.

The relevance is has to the matter at hand has to do with a question someone else posed  ("why would someone like jaggi who has been raising awareness of the Indian govt's atrocities against Sikhs risk going to Punjab, knowing the risk it might pose?).  However, the question I was responding to was not particularly important in the larger context of what is going on.  So yes, this discussion has probably gone on too long (and I've apparently hurt lots of people's feelings), so it should be closed.

14 minutes ago, kcmidlands said:

I fully understand the point your trying to make, what i don't understand is what relevance it has with the issue at hand, here we have a guy who's only crime was point out the human rights violations perpetrated by the Indian government during and after 1984, as a result of this he's been arrested and has been sat in a jail for 24 day's, tortured both mentally and physically, been denied access to the British consulate and god only knows what else he's going through, him having a turban or cut hair has nothing to do with anything, i apologise for my annoyance but I've been conversing with you over something which is minuscule in relevance to what's actually happened here.

I am well aware of what Guru Gobind Singh Ji mandated and have no issue with that, your while point is about Sikh's with cut hair (if such a thing can exist) not being recognisable as a Sikh, i take your point and leave you to your opinion and am closing this discussion and as already mentioned, it's worth going back on topic.

To get back on topic: Amarinder Singh and others have been claiming that Jaggi was arrested for his role in recent political killings.  Based on everything I've read about this issue, that seems completely ludicrous to me, and I strongly suspect that Jaggi was being targeted simply for his online activism.  (Amarinder's feelings are still hurt over his being prevented from campaigning in Canada due to a torture case being filed against him.  I think this may be part of a larger goal of his to get back at the "Khalistani-sympathizing" NRI community that has made life more difficult for him.)

Does anyone think that there is any chance that any of the accusations (or anything remotely like them) made against Jaggi are true?  Regardless of whether or not they are true, there is no excuse for him being tortured and denied his basic rights.  But I am keeping my fingers crossed that the allegations are false, because if any of them are true, it will weaken our ability to rally support from foreign govts to intervene in future incidents.