#freejagginow

6 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

Jaggi Johal has a haircut.  He is a mona.  So he is used to the flexibility of being able to identify as a Sikh when it suits him, and fly under the radar and not be identified when it is inconvenient for him.  How could he have anticipated that one day that flexibility would disappear? 

Mona or not he gave the panth knowledge by researching facts on 1984. That is most likely the reason why he got arrested (not "oh he is a mona so it makes him an easy target).

CCTV camera has clear evidence for UK Sikh MPs to demand release to investigate closeup view.

Jaggi mom in law said his passport was demanded prior to arrest as mine was for email to indian embassy, asking why they commit atrocities.

$ is what causing blind justice to VERY OBVIOUS CRIMES by rss modi aka congress...$$$$ rules world better than virtues...but in God reign, NAAM LAHA RULES AND WILL OVERCOME ALL...SLOWLY BUT >>SURELY<<

5 hours ago, monatosingh said:

Mona or not he gave the panth knowledge by researching facts on 1984. That is most likely the reason why he got arrested (not "oh he is a mona so it makes him an easy target).

I know why he got arrested.  And I am not saying they targeted him because they thought "oh he is a mona so it makes him an easy target."

I am saying that because he is a mona, and because he is used to being able to identify as a Sikh when it suits him and fly under the radar when it is inconvenient, he was not as vigilant as he should have been. 

Someone who goes through their entire life being identifiable as a Sikh every minute of every day, and experiences all of the baggage that that entails, is not going to have any illusions about what would await him in India if he was behind a website like neverforget84.

17 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

Jaggi Johal has a haircut.  He is a mona.  So he is used to the flexibility of being able to identify as a Sikh when it suits him, and fly under the radar and not be identified when it is inconvenient for him.  How could he have anticipated that one day that flexibility would disappear? 

Quit talking our your a** ? you don't know the man, or what was going on his mind. Mona or not doesn't matter when you're on their radar and they know how you look. Its only a benefit if they have no idea who you are. And let's not kid ourselves, their intelligence knows everyone who is a someone. 

Key point here: stop assuming. 

12 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

I know why he got arrested.  And I am not saying they targeted him because they thought "oh he is a mona so it makes him an easy target."

I am saying that because he is a mona, and because he is used to being able to identify as a Sikh when it suits him and fly under the radar when it is inconvenient, he was not as vigilant as he should have been. 

Someone who goes through their entire life being identifiable as a Sikh every minute of every day, and experiences all of the baggage that that entails, is not going to have any illusions about what would await him in India if he was behind a website like neverforget84.

You call yourself a Sardar but on this forum how have you been identified? I will tell you how... As a NINDAK. You may be keshdhari but that doesnt make you better than others. 

12 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

Quit talking our your a** ? you don't know the man, or what was going on his mind. Mona or not doesn't matter when you're on their radar and they know how you look. Its only a benefit if they have no idea who you are. And let's not kid ourselves, their intelligence knows everyone who is a someone. 

Key point here: stop assuming. 

Another poster posed a question: given his background, why would Jaggi take the risk in going to India?

ANYONE who attempts to answer such a question is going to be assuming something.  Nobody knows.  I speculated based upon what I know about him.  Any answer ANYONE would have given would have consisted of speculation.  Obviously, nobody knows exactly what was going through his mind except him.

Stop getting so emotional.  We are just having a conversation on this form, and speculation and assumptions are going to form a part of any conversation, especially when such questions are posed.

6 hours ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

You call yourself a Sardar but on this forum how have you been identified? I will tell you how... As a NINDAK. You may be keshdhari but that doesnt make you better than others. 

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension?  Where did I suggest I was better than others for being a sardar?  I was talking about something completely different.  One poster asked why, given his background, Jaggi took a risk in going to India.  ANY answer would be speculative, and I speculated that being a mona who doesn't deal with being identified as a Sikh 24/7, maybe he was not as vigilant as he should have been.  Nowhere in there did i say anything about me being better than him or him being worse than me.  You took what I said and completely twisted it and made it into something else.

You call me a nindak, but you are a liar for lying about what I did and did not say.

9 hours ago, kcmidlands said:

That has to be the single most un-educated post i've read in a long while, having a dastaar or having cut hair has nothing to do with what's happened, the point of this is that some visited another country and was kidnapped in broad daylight and is being detained without charge while being subjected to various types of torture all because he runs a website highlighting human rights violations, i'm sorry, but if that happened to anyone, turban or not, we should be protesting.

How vigilant do you expect the average person to be, no one expects to be kidnapped in the middle of the day for airing you own opinions on a website in the "largest democracy" in the world.

The man's being scapegoated, simple as, having a turban or not is irrelevant. 

1.  Where did I say that we should not be protesting?  Where did I say that I say that what happened to him is okay?  You have put words into my mouth. 

2.  You say that "no one expects to be kidnapped in the middle of the day for airing your own opinions on a website in the "largest democracy" in the world".  This statement is absurd.  Anyone who has any familiarity with the human rights violations in Punjab over the last 40 years would know that such things can happen.  What happened to Jaswant Singh Khalra? 

3 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

1.  Where did I say that we should not be protesting?  Where did I say that I say that what happened to him is okay?  You have put words into my mouth. 

2.  You say that "no one expects to be kidnapped in the middle of the day for airing your own opinions on a website in the "largest democracy" in the world".  This statement is absurd.  Anyone who has any familiarity with the human rights violations in Punjab over the last 40 years would know that such things can happen.  What happened to Jaswant Singh Khalra? 

1. Read what i wrote, "i'm sorry, but if that happened to anyone, turban or not, we should be protesting.", i'm not alluding to you and whatever stance you have on protesting or not, Them moment you said the word "mona" you made a division, if you had made the same post and not mentioned the fact that he had cut hair no one would be disagreeing with you.

Where did you say what happened to him was okay, you didn't and i'm not saying you did, that's your assumption.

2. I stand by what i said, read what i said in context, i said  "largest democracy" in the world",, if you live in the largest democracy in the world would you expect to be taken in broad daylight for criticising the Government or the way they run the country. I'm well aware of the Human Right's violations committed in Punjab and by the police there, everyone know's someone whose suffered, i'm no different, if this proves anything it's that Sikh's need to take a long hard look at what they call their motherland and how much respect we get there.