Jump to content

Recommended Posts

VJKK VJKF

The SGPC rehat was created in 1925 if I remember correctly. This begs the question what was the official rehat that people used to follow around the time of Guru Gobind Singh Ji? If I search any rehat at the time there are so many different ones. Which one is the official one that was set at that time? 

Vaheguru Ji.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fateh Ji

I don't know the rehat of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's time but there might be (not saying there is) rehatnama's from people around his reign and Guruship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_52_Hukams_of_Guru_Gobind_Singh

These are his 52 hukams which are probably in the sikh rehat maryada.

SGPC rehat is done with research and is considered the minimum rehat for all rehats (Damdami taksal, nihang, akhand kirtani jatha)

 

Hopefully someone else has a better answer than me but my tip is to follow what the panj pyare tell you because they are the Guru's saroop.

Bhul chuk maaf 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, monatosingh said:

Fateh Ji

I don't know the rehat of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's time but there might be (not saying there is) rehatnama's from people around his reign and Guruship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_52_Hukams_of_Guru_Gobind_Singh

These are his 52 hukams which are probably in the sikh rehat maryada.

SGPC rehat is done with research and is considered the minimum rehat for all rehats (Damdami taksal, nihang, akhand kirtani jatha)

 

Hopefully someone else has a better answer than me but my tip is to follow what the panj pyare tell you because they are the Guru's saroop.

Bhul chuk maaf 

 

 

 

VJKK VJKF

There were rehats like Bhai Daya Singh's rehatnama around Guru Ji's time. But is there anywhere where you can read the official rehat at the time?

Vaheguru Ji. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2017 at 4:41 PM, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

There were rehats like Bhai Daya Singh's rehatnama around Guru Ji's time. But is there anywhere where you can read the official rehat at the time?

Vaheguru Ji. 

The panj pyare would've told you but there was also a very high amount of Khalsa back then meaning you had all the support you needed. There wasn't no such thing as a specific rehat the Khalsa was one. Importantly the Guru was there to guide you on the correct path.

I don't think there are any rehats posted from that time but that's up to my knowledge.

If there was a rehat maryada from that time and we still had it then SGPC wouldn't make another approved rehat and we would supposingly have more unity than we do now.

Now I can't judge a specific rehat and which one is better just because I took amrit from elsewhere and then follow my own maryada.

Edited by monatosingh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

The panj pyare would've told you but there was also a very high amount of Khalsa back then meaning you had all the support you needed. There wasn't no such thing as a specific rehat the Khalsa was one. Importantly the Guru was there to guide you on the correct path.

I don't think there are any rehats posted from that time but that's up to my knowledge.

If there was a rehat maryada from that time and we still had it then SGPC wouldn't make another approved rehat and we would supposingly have more unity than we do now.

 

VJKK VJKF 

This is what I read Ji. https://sarbattkhalsa.weebly.com/bhai-daya-singh-ji-rehatnama.html

Vaheguru Ji.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Of course we keep trying. And of course we accept hukam. How to do both?  There is a story of a christan girl, Amy Carmicheal, who grows up to become a missionary or nun i forget, goes to india and saves devdasis from dancing at temples and raises them in orphanages.  When she was young, she was told God answers all prayers. So she prayed at night. God please give me blue eyes. She had brown eyes. When she woke up. Her eyes were still brown.  She was disappointed and thought God didnt answer my prayer. Then she smiled. She said. He did answer. He  said no. So keep praying. Praying is like begging. A beggar cant get mad if someone doesnt give him something. No one owes the beggar anything. He can only keep begging. So tell urself, i am asking the lord for something. I have no right to expect it. God has every right to say no. Accept that. Keep asking, dont get sad or mad at the rejection. Everything God does is right. If he hasnt healed u today. It was Gods will therefore benefits all. Tere Bhane Sarbat Da Balla. In your will, All is well. Ask again tomorrow.if answer is no. Accept it. Then ask again the next day.eventually God will have mercy. Persistant beggars usually win.     
    • He doesn't like this place, for reasons I have stated before. No offence to anyone here, but to outside this place, Sikh Sangat has a reputation of being a very "conservative" forum, and this is not my personal opinion.    Also, I disagree with your theoretical description of him, hes not like that.  If you wanna talk to him, you can create an account on r/Sikh.  I think you need to go back and read my comment from last time, that wasn't my opinion, that was a friend of mine (Naamdhari supporter) who said it, I even said in my comment that it wasn't my personal opinion.  As for my personal opinion on this forum, Its still too early for me to comment on things, however I didnt like the fact that a mod removed a link that I posted (to a form that I moderate) and claimed I was "targeting" someone, or even the fact that you got warned for some stupid reason and I called out that person but received no response. 
    • Tell him to make an account here. I would like to talk to this pakhandi baba. Sounds like the type who would promote mouth-to-mouth Simran, no offence to him. True. I hope you no longer hold the same opinions about Sikh Sangat as you once did.
    • I dont know his name. He goes by bulandpuri babaji. Hes really big in canada and getting famous in usa. His english isnt bad. And the accent, quite slight, just makes him sound more mystical and spiritual. Im sure hes on youtube.  I dont know much about him. But my favorite kathavachak, bhai sahib singh ji canada wale, follows him so he must be good person. 😄😃😆😅
    • But when someone spreads false parchaar and misrepresents Bani, then thats a serious issue that we as a community need to have a discussion on.    As I said before, I like to get out of my intellectual echo chamber and seek new ideas and diverse people. Ive ended up learning a lot, and its better to have a friendly debate with a friend, rather than get grilled by a person of another religion/dharma in public.   I would prefer we have an intellectually stimulating discussion rather than resorting to such measures...  
×