Guest JSingh

Few questions I have on Sikhi

Guest JSingh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh! 

I am young Sikh Male in his early 20's and still trying to learn about our religion. I work in a place with people from different backgrounds who enjoy learning about each others faith. This is a good thing as it means that I want to learn more about Sikhi and why we believe in the things we do. I have gathered a few questions that I can't seem to find a clear cut answer for and I am wondering if anyone can help. 

1. How many wives did Guru Gobind Singh Ji have? 

2. When Guru Hargobind Ji was jailed by Jahangir, why did not of the Gursikhs fight for his freedom? Why didn't Guru Ji simply leave the prison? 

3. Why did Waheguru Ji wait so long before sending Guru Nanak Dev Ji to start sending the message of Sikhi? This is a point I can't seem to get my head around, where does this leave other religions which exist. 

4. What is our view point on contraception (in marriage of course) 

Could anyone who answers my questions please give their answers in layman's terms for an ease of understanding! Hope any other young Sikhs can benefit from having these questions answered, thanks! 

Please forgive me if I had said anything wrong! 

1. As few/many as He wanted.

2. That is what He wanted.

3. That is what He wanted.

4. It is a method or device to prevent pregnancy.

Hope that answers your questions in layman's terms.

I will try to answer as per my knowledge.. from what I’ve heard and read.. 

1- There are some people who claim that Guru Ji had two wives. And some even say they had 3 but what I’ve found was  Guru Gobind Sahib ji had only one wife who’s name was mata jeeto/Ajeet kaur but because of her beauty she was given this name mata sundar kaur/Sundari by Mata Gujar Kaur.. due to this some people think Guru Ji was married twice. And thn guru gave the khitaab of Jagat mata to Mata Sahib Kaur (mother of Khalsa) so due to this some says she was his third wife. Guru Ji refused to marry mata Sahib kaur when the proposal was given to him as he was already married but thn parents of mata Sahib kaur got worried they thought after this rejection who will marry their daughter so Guru Ji discussed it with mata sundar kaur ji and gave mata Sahib kaur ji mother of Khalsa and clearfied that their relationship is going to be only spiritual and not physical (this is what I’ve learned so I don’t know how much true is this) but I’ve also heard that all our gurus never had any physical relationships with their wives. 

2- when Guru Hargobind Sahib ji was jailed by Jahangir they didn’t fight with Jahangir because he wanted all other 52 kings who were in his imprisonment they all were innocent to be freed. So Guru ji’s gursikhs that u mentioned didn’t fought for his freedom.. all of Guru ji’s Gursikh thru dhyaan use to come in front of Jahangir in shape of devil or dangerous creatures or something like this (not in normal human form) everywhere Jahangir only saw those dangerous forms and he got scared, frightened and he called his some religious person like pandit or someone who could help him with that and that person told him if he will free Guru Ji all this would stop thn. But Guruji said he will not leave until all other 52 innocent kings also get released so Jahangir agreed and that’s why we celebrate Bandi shod Diwas and not Diwali.. 

3- Guru Nanak Dev ji came to help the whole universe thru his teaching in kalyug. Before that in stayug Vishnu ji.. in treta yug  ram chandar and in dwapar yug Krishan ji were sent by god.. 

4- and I’ve no idea about 4 question. Someone else might help u with that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S4NGH said:

The OP asked for the view of contraception in Gurbani, not a definition of it.

You are both unfunny and daft.

1 hour ago, GuestSingh said:

The OP asked for the view of contraception in Gurbani, not a definition of it.

You are both funny and not daft.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Guest London jwaan
On 11/9/2017 at 5:29 AM, S4NGH said:

that could well be the *editedc* response to any question asked in the history of this forum.

Wjkk wjkf

Guest JSingh
3 hours ago, Kaur72 said:

I will try to answer as per my knowledge.. from what I’ve heard and read.. 

1- There are some people who claim that Guru Ji had two wives. And some even say they had 3 but what I’ve found was  Guru Gobind Sahib ji had only one wife who’s name was mata jeeto/Ajeet kaur but because of her beauty she was given this name mata sundar kaur/Sundari by Mata Gujar Kaur.. due to this some people think Guru Ji was married twice. And thn guru gave the khitaab of Jagat mata to Mata Sahib Kaur (mother of Khalsa) so due to this some says she was his third wife. Guru Ji refused to marry mata Sahib kaur when the proposal was given to him as he was already married but thn parents of mata Sahib kaur got worried they thought after this rejection who will marry their daughter so Guru Ji discussed it with mata sundar kaur ji and gave mata Sahib kaur ji mother of Khalsa and clearfied that their relationship is going to be only spiritual and not physical (this is what I’ve learned so I don’t know how much true is this) but I’ve also heard that all our gurus never had any physical relationships with their wives. 

2- when Guru Hargobind Sahib ji was jailed by Jahangir they didn’t fight with Jahangir because he wanted all other 52 kings who were in his imprisonment they all were innocent to be freed. So Guru ji’s gursikhs that u mentioned didn’t fought for his freedom.. all of Guru ji’s Gursikh thru dhyaan use to come in front of Jahangir in shape of devil or dangerous creatures or something like this (not in normal human form) everywhere Jahangir only saw those dangerous forms and he got scared, frightened and he called his some religious person like pandit or someone who could help him with that and that person told him if he will free Guru Ji all this would stop thn. But Guruji said he will not leave until all other 52 innocent kings also get released so Jahangir agreed and that’s why we celebrate Bandi shod Diwas and not Diwali.. 

3- Guru Nanak Dev ji came to help the whole universe thru his teaching in kalyug. Before that in stayug Vishnu ji.. in treta yug  ram chandar and in dwapar yug Krishan ji were sent by god.. 

4- and I’ve no idea about 4 question. Someone else might help u with that. 

Thank you for clearing that up for me! 

In regards to question 3 - As Sikhs we acknowledge the fact that Vishnu and Krishna were sent by Waheguru Ji? What exactly is Kalyug. 

5 hours ago, S4NGH said:

Lol no need for the sarcasm veer ji, I am trying to learn more about our faith apologies if my questions caused any offence. 

Questions 1 and 4 have been answered numerous times already on this forum. Please use the search function. You can even use google just type in sikhsangat contraceptives view in sikhi or something.

As for the 6th guru, he willingly went to Jahangirs castle at jahangirs invitation. But then the king betrayed his word and would not let guruji out. So guruji taught him a lesson and he changed his mind about tricking holy ppl. And he wanted guruji to leave the prison. But now guruji put a condition, i will only leave if u feee 52 rajas. Basically all of this was gurujis way of releasing the 52 rajas as the 52kings got a sikhs sangat and were advised if they wanted to be free they should pray to the guru. So they did and guruji fullfilled their prayers.

As for Guru Nanak Dev jis avtaar. Thats easy. God sent many prophets but they all failed to teach their ppl about naam, about how to get mukti, about how we are the soul and must merge with the primal soul. Some prophets had ppl worship them instead of God ie Hinduism. Some prophets got stuck at trying to teach their ppl their is 1 God ie Judaism and Islam. They think thats the highest most important thing. Others like Christians got beyond that but they seem to stop at Jesus. They thinking believing in him is enough. So God had to come himself to teach what he really wanted and to help the poor people of kalyug. Kalyug is a period of time like an era or century. But its much longer. It started i think 1000s of years ago. It is also called the dark age because people are supposed to sin more. In satyug, long ago, before Raam or krishan, ppl were good, there was no paap. In treta i think Raam was born, in duaper krishan was born. 

4 hours ago, Guest JSingh said:

In regards to question 3 - As Sikhs we acknowledge the fact that Vishnu and Krishna were sent by Waheguru Ji? What exactly is Kalyug. 

41E315DE-2664-4CBC-BFCF-55CA7B7354F3.MP4

this link doesn’t seem to work I don’t know why.. But ur question has been answered above by not2cool2argue ji. 

Edited by Kaur72

Guest Princess-M-Kaur
On 11/8/2017 at 10:00 PM, Guest JSingh said:

I am young Sikh Male in his early 20's and still trying to learn about our religion. I work in a place with people from different backgrounds who enjoy learning about each others faith. This is a good thing as it means that I want to learn more about Sikhi and why we believe in the things we do. I have gathered a few questions that I can't seem to find a clear cut answer for and I am wondering if anyone can help. 

2. When Guru Hargobind Ji was jailed by Jahangir, why did not of the Gursikhs fight for his freedom? Why didn't Guru Ji simply leave the prison? 

3. Why did Waheguru Ji wait so long before sending Guru Nanak Dev Ji to start sending the message of Sikhi? This is a point I can't seem to get my head around, where does this leave other religions which exist. 

Could anyone who answers my questions please give their answers in layman's terms for an ease of understanding! Hope any other young Sikhs can benefit from having these questions answered, thanks! 

Why are all the sanghaaths, being so fanatical about Muslimz... these are the type of questions asked by muslim people when they start their interrogations of sikhi....we don't have to answer them...because we know it's true, Guru had one wife or three, it doesn't matter!

Guest Sat
On 09/11/2017 at 1:00 AM, Guest JSingh said:

Hi

2. It was God's will. Read the story of the Martyrdom of Guru Arjan Ji. Here's an excerpt if an account of one day He was being tortured:

'His friend and devotee, Mian Mir, a Muslim saint, rushed to see him. When Mian Mir saw the ghastly scene, he cried out and said, "O Master! I cannot bear to see these horrors inflicted on thee. If you permit me, I would demolish this tyrant rule" (Mian Mir is said to have possessed supernatural powers at that time). The Guru smiled and asked Mian Mir to look towards the skies. It is said that Mian Mir saw Angels begging the Guru's permission to destroy the wicked and the proud.

Guru Sahib said, "All is happening in accordance with the will of Waheguru. Men who stand for Truth have to suffer often. Their sufferings give strength to the cause of Truth. Go, brother. Pray for me. Pray for the success of my cause. Pray for victory to truth."

Mian Mir asked, "Why are you enduring suffering at the hands of these vile sinners when I possess superpowers?"

The Guru replied, "I bear all this torture to set an example to the Teachers of the True Name, that they may not lose patience or rail against God in affliction. The true test of faith is in the hour of misery. Without examples to guide them, ordinary people's minds would tremble in the midst of suffering." Upon hearing this, Mian Mir departed, commending the Guru's fortitude and singing his praises'

3. Truth has always existed and has been taught by and demonstrated by other Teachers including Jesus. 

Over time, the messages became twisted and corrupted by humans and Guru Nanak was sent at a point where it had become bad and people had become incredibly deluded. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Exactly. To be proud of one's language we should strive to speak words from our own language. Rabb is a commonly heard word in our community, but many do not know that it is Arabic. We can use indigineous words such as Ishwar or Parmatma instead during daily discourse. It's actively trying to bring back words that we used but were forced to extinction in our language because of violent invaders.
    • The question would be are there arab loanwords that can be gotten rid off if we have perfectly good indigenous words we could use instead. For example, should we use sansaar instead of duniya.  What other words could we replace if it is already in our vocabulary. Do some us prefer the back throated sounds of the Arab words because we think it sounds sexy and we can pretend to be some pakhandi Sufi poet? 
    • We would also have a far deeper presence in the Gangetic Plains.  No British, no East India Company, no Purbia /Bihari army with no mutiny.  The last remaining mughals would have been finished off a lot quicker.  Awadh,  Agra,  Lucknow would have fallen into Sikh hands.  There would be a link of Sikhi stretching all the way to Patna. 
    • 19 11 2017 1) What costs more than riches but doesn't cost a penny; that's also hard to find yet easy to lose? 2) How can you make seven even? 3) If you have me, you want to share me. If you share me, you haven't got me. What am I? 4) What is so delicate that saying its name breaks it? 5) am free yet priceless, you can't own me but you can use me, you can't keep me but you can spend me. Once you lost me you can never have me back. What am I?   Well, the answers are : 1) Friend 2) Drop the  S 3) Secret 4) Silence 5)Time
    •   THIS IS EPIC A man was being interviewed for a post of a commando in the Army... Interviewer : we want a person with a suspicious mind,  always alert,  ready to attack, acute sense of hearing, detective ability, and most importantly, having a killer instinct ! So do you think you are eligible ? Man: Sir ....  can my wife apply ?     Made for each other.. Relationship is easy,
      when spouses know each other Here are 2 classic  examples: 1) A husband comes home after attending a club meeting.
      He tells his wife,“Dear there was a drinking competition after meeting today.” His wife spontaneously...,
         “Who got the second position?” 2) A wife tells her husband,
      “Dear there was a letter for you.
      It’s written on the envelope,
      ‘Private and confidential.’” The husband casually asks,
           “What was written inside?" Great understanding of each other.