Few questions I have on Sikhi

Guest JSingh

Guest Princess-M-Kaur
On 11/8/2017 at 10:00 PM, Guest JSingh said:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh! 

I am young Sikh Male in his early 20's and still trying to learn about our religion. I work in a place with people from different backgrounds who enjoy learning about each others faith. This is a good thing as it means that I want to learn more about Sikhi and why we believe in the things we do. I have gathered a few questions that I can't seem to find a clear cut answer for and I am wondering if anyone can help. 

1. How many wives did Guru Gobind Singh Ji have? 

2. When Guru Hargobind Ji was jailed by Jahangir, why did not of the Gursikhs fight for his freedom? Why didn't Guru Ji simply leave the prison? 

3. Why did Waheguru Ji wait so long before sending Guru Nanak Dev Ji to start sending the message of Sikhi? This is a point I can't seem to get my head around, where does this leave other religions which exist. 

4. What is our view point on contraception (in marriage of course) 

Could anyone who answers my questions please give their answers in layman's terms for an ease of understanding! Hope any other young Sikhs can benefit from having these questions answered, thanks! 

Please forgive me if I had said anything wrong! 

Why are all the sanghaaths, being so fanatical about Muslimz... these are the type of questions asked by muslim people when they start their interrogations of sikhi....we don't have to answer them...because we know it's true, Guru had one wife or three, it doesn't matter!

On 09/11/2017 at 1:00 AM, Guest JSingh said:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh! 

I am young Sikh Male in his early 20's and still trying to learn about our religion. I work in a place with people from different backgrounds who enjoy learning about each others faith. This is a good thing as it means that I want to learn more about Sikhi and why we believe in the things we do. I have gathered a few questions that I can't seem to find a clear cut answer for and I am wondering if anyone can help. 

1. How many wives did Guru Gobind Singh Ji have? 

2. When Guru Hargobind Ji was jailed by Jahangir, why did not of the Gursikhs fight for his freedom? Why didn't Guru Ji simply leave the prison? 

3. Why did Waheguru Ji wait so long before sending Guru Nanak Dev Ji to start sending the message of Sikhi? This is a point I can't seem to get my head around, where does this leave other religions which exist. 

4. What is our view point on contraception (in marriage of course) 

Could anyone who answers my questions please give their answers in layman's terms for an ease of understanding! Hope any other young Sikhs can benefit from having these questions answered, thanks! 

Please forgive me if I had said anything wrong! 

Hi

2. It was God's will. Read the story of the Martyrdom of Guru Arjan Ji. Here's an excerpt if an account of one day He was being tortured:

'His friend and devotee, Mian Mir, a Muslim saint, rushed to see him. When Mian Mir saw the ghastly scene, he cried out and said, "O Master! I cannot bear to see these horrors inflicted on thee. If you permit me, I would demolish this tyrant rule" (Mian Mir is said to have possessed supernatural powers at that time). The Guru smiled and asked Mian Mir to look towards the skies. It is said that Mian Mir saw Angels begging the Guru's permission to destroy the wicked and the proud.

Guru Sahib said, "All is happening in accordance with the will of Waheguru. Men who stand for Truth have to suffer often. Their sufferings give strength to the cause of Truth. Go, brother. Pray for me. Pray for the success of my cause. Pray for victory to truth."

Mian Mir asked, "Why are you enduring suffering at the hands of these vile sinners when I possess superpowers?"

The Guru replied, "I bear all this torture to set an example to the Teachers of the True Name, that they may not lose patience or rail against God in affliction. The true test of faith is in the hour of misery. Without examples to guide them, ordinary people's minds would tremble in the midst of suffering." Upon hearing this, Mian Mir departed, commending the Guru's fortitude and singing his praises'

3. Truth has always existed and has been taught by and demonstrated by other Teachers including Jesus. 

Over time, the messages became twisted and corrupted by humans and Guru Nanak was sent at a point where it had become bad and people had become incredibly deluded.