Guest Confused

“If jarnail singh wasn’t in Akaal takhat, then it would not have been destroyed”

Guest Confused

One of my relatives had said this to me, and it kind of makes sense. If jarnail singh wasn’t in akaal takhat in the first place then the Indian government wouldn’t need to enter harmandir sahib. They could have fought anywhere else, on open field etc. But he chose harmandir sahib. The Indian government had gone into harmandir sahib to capture sant jarnail singh right? So if he wasn’t situated in akaal takhat, the government had no reason to enter harmandir sahib and kill the Sikhs. (I’m not condoning the Indian government and especially not indra because of what the government did to the  innocent Sikhs, I’m just talking about akaal takhat)

15 hours ago, Guest Confused said:

One of my relatives had said this to me, and it kind of makes sense. If jarnail singh wasn’t in akaal takhat in the first place then the Indian government wouldn’t need to enter harmandir sahib. They could have fought anywhere else, on open field etc. But he chose harmandir sahib. The Indian government had gone into harmandir sahib to capture sant jarnail singh right? So if he wasn’t situated in akaal takhat, the government had no reason to enter harmandir sahib and kill the Sikhs. (I’m not condoning the Indian government and especially not indra because of what the government did to the  innocent Sikhs, I’m just talking about akaal takhat)

given that Indira had planned since 1980 to attack Harmandir Sahib , built full scale replica in Doon valley in 1981 , asked three times and got refused three times by her General to attack the Gurdwara . I think your folks are totally deluded  ask them if that is true why did her father attack in 1952  and her son in 1986 and again 1988 . that family just wanted to drive home that sikhs are ghulam nothing less and if they could they would have finished us off .

• Like 4

Thats wrong! I hate wish the government would already just go to hell

Government tried their best to destroy sikhi and are still trying to today. (Thats a whole other story)

This left people with many misconceptions

Like yours or even the whole sant ji being a terrorist by the government

If Sant Ji was a terrorist or whatever, then why did the government release him from jail after a month after he willingly gave arrest? (the government would never be able to catch him any other way)

However, If he wasnt a terrorist, then why did the government capture him in the first place?

The government had a whole month to try to make a b.s reason or something to keep Sant ji in jail but they couldn't.

Even after release, Sant ji did open parchar, until the one incident, where buses with sri guru granth sahib ji maharaj were burned, and many sikhs were beaten or gave shaheedi. 

Why did the government create a complex that replicates the original Darbar Sahib, and practice much before the attack?

The answer to all above questions is that the government was looking for an excuse to attack Sikhi by "flushing out the terrorists". 

Also why were 40 other gurduawaras sahibs attacked beside Darbar SAhib, where there really "terrorists" there?

And If not, then why did the government attack?

Even if Sant bhindranwale did not reside at Darbar Sahib, would this have prevented the government from attacking it anyways? 

Why did the government kill all innocent sikhs inside Darbar Sahib, if they really were clearing "terrorists"

Why did beadbi of puratan granths and saroops of sri guru granth sahib ji happen if it really were the case?

This is a short response to some of the stupid understandings people have nowadays. 

Anyways, you should probably stay away from your relative if explaining this to him does not sit well.

Then again, this is kaljug, and it has gotten to the point where, sant sipahis, gurmukhs and proper gursikhs are seen as terrorists while in sachkhand they are given a seat.

• Like 1

If sant ji was in Sri akal Takhat sahib the. Why hundreds of other gurdwaras were also attacked across punjab?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Guest Confused said:

Your relative needs a chittar parade- mind if I join in? 

• Like 2

They could have issued an arrest warrant for Sant Ji like the first time he was arrested in 1982 I think. If they really wanted to get Sant Ji from Darbar Sahib complex, they could have switched the water and electric supplies off in an attempt to get him to surrender. The fact they attacked Darbar Sahib wasnt just an attack on Sant Ji, but was an attack on the hearts of all Sikhs. Sadly, this seems to be getting distorted. 

• Like 1

If it was only to get santji, why attack on sri guru arjan dev sahibs shaheedi purb? Why allow all the  sangat to come and fill up darbar sahib then place a curfew? And so noone was able to leave. Why not attack another day when not so much sangat? Why not place curfew and stop sangat from coming in? Why kill the sangat in the parkarma?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

They were planning to attack harmandir sahib anyway. Even if Sant jarnail Singh was in another COUNTRY, they would still carry on the attack. This is because it was planned ages ago and they wanted to kill a major amount of sikhs at once.

• Sad 1

• Lt. Gen. SK Sinha disclosed that a replica of the Golden Temple complex was built 18 months before the operation, for army preparations and rehearsels. This was before Bhindranwale shifted to the Akal Takth.
  • If the operation had been planned meticulously and well in time, why was the attack launched on a holy day for the Sikhs?
  • Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale was present in the Akal Takth only, why were 38 other Gurdwaras across Punjab attacked by the army as well resulting in the loss of hundreds of Sikh lives?
Edited by HarfunMaula
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The attack on Harmandir Sahib and the complex in general was in part a symbolic act designed to demoralise and cower us into inaction. Basically, the idea was to damage the one place that is most identifiable with Sikhs, in the hope that it would be a constant reminder of how they managed to violate the sanctity of the hub of our faith.

• Like 1

On 06/11/2017 at 6:04 AM, jkvlondon said:

given that Indira had planned since 1980 to attack Harmandir Sahib , built full scale replica in Doon valley in 1981 , asked three times and got refused three times by her General to attack the Gurdwara . I think your folks are totally deluded  ask them if that is true why did her father attack in 1952  and her son in 1986 and again 1988 . that family just wanted to drive home that sikhs are ghulam nothing less and if they could they would have finished us off .

Indira gandhi was a power-hungry woman, no doubt.

Akali Sikhs were the most rebellious to central govt of India in 1977 emergency. And she put a LOT of people behind bars. And I think she just had grudge against Akalis, perhaps not Sikhs in particular. I think we tend to exaggerate the anti-sikh attitude of the then prevailing govts. 

It is possible that she attacked akal takht as a vengeance against akalis in their role in 1977 , but I think to assert that she wanted total annihilation of sikhs like aurangzeb did , is a bit far too stretched. She wouldn't have appointed Zail Singh as president then , also would have provided nothing to sikhs. 

To sum it up, I think she was a power-hungry totalitarian politician who wanted to clear anyone off her way. She hated sikhs for this I think, not because of some brahmanical agenda as is always said . 

I could be wrong though 

Edited by AjeetSinghPunjabi

We need to understand chanakya neeti "Saam , Daam , Dand , Bhed" of our enemies.

Saam : Praising , to win confidence of enemy

Daam : Monetary luring 

Dand : Punish the enemy

Bhed : Divide the enemy

How it happened with sikhs (just my gut feeling)

Saam > Praising sikhs as protectors of hindus , movies like "singh is king" , etc etc , when infact doing little to help drug ridden punjab.

Daam > Does the 350th prakash celebration of Guru Gobind Singh ji fall into this as the central GoI sponsored it by 100 crore rupees.

Dand > Op Bluestar , Delhi riots , and so on

Bhed > Taking ravidasias away from sikhi (although we too're responsible for not making sikh community a truly casteless society), Dasam granth controversies, missioniary sikhs, etc etc 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

We need to understand chanakya neeti "Saam , Daam , Dand , Bhed" of our enemies.

Saam : Praising , to win confidence of enemy

Daam : Monetary luring 

Dand : Punish the enemy

Bhed : Divide the enemy

How it happened with sikhs (just my gut feeling)

Saam > Praising sikhs as protectors of hindus , movies like "singh is king" , etc etc , when infact doing little to help drug ridden punjab.

Daam > Does the 350th prakash celebration of Guru Gobind Singh ji fall into this as the central GoI sponsored it by 100 crore rupees.

Dand > Op Bluestar , Delhi riots , and so on

Bhed > Taking ravidasias away from sikhi (although we too're responsible for not making sikh community a truly casteless society), Dasam granth controversies, missioniary sikhs, etc etc 

Great Analysis!🖒

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.