Predictions

Singh2017

28 minutes ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

Sangat Ji, just been watching a film about a guy who predicted the 2008 housing crisis and I was wondering - does bani or any bachans from mahapurakhs and or anything in Sikhi give us any predictions for the future?

Vaheguru Ji.

Many will disagree but some will agree that astrology (Jyotish Shastra) can give you predicitons for the future, to an extent. However, finding a real practitioner of Jyotish is rare these days. Even if you got an accurate prediciton, the upaye they give you will probably won't work. Only Guru Sahib can change what lies ahead for you.

Oddly enough I came across this thread about astrology, it certainly has some differing opinions and will give you food for thought:

http://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/16853-sikh-astrologer/

There are also individuals who can read your lekha, again they are rare. I remember hearing a story about Sant Ji and this Saadhu (was he a Saadhu or something else?), and he asked if he could read the lekhe of the Singhs and was granted his request. When he tried to read them he was baffled - he said to Sant Ji "their foreheads are blank, they have no lekha!". Later on when walking around the Darbar Sahib Complex all the blood drained from his face as he stopped in shock, and when Sant Ji asked him what was wrong he replied and said "I can see all the lekhe here on the ground!" - this was outside Baba Deep Singh Ji's memorial within the complex. Sant Ji explained it's because they Matha Tek their lekhe here everyday.

3 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

Many will disagree but some will agree that astrology (Jyotish Shastra) can give you predicitons for the future, to an extent. However, finding a real practitioner of Jyotish is rare these days. Even if you got an accurate prediciton, the upaye they give you will probably won't work. Only Guru Sahib can change what lies ahead for you.

Oddly enough I came across this thread about astrology, it certainly has some differing opinions and will give you food for thought:

http://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/16853-sikh-astrologer/

There are also individuals who can read your lekha, again they are rare. I remember hearing a story about Sant Ji and this Saadhu (was he a Saadhu or something else?), and he asked if he could read the lekhe of the Singhs and was granted his request. When he tried to read them he was baffled - he said to Sant Ji "their foreheads are blank, they have no lekha!". Later on when walking around the Darbar Sahib Complex all the blood drained from his face as he stopped in shock, and when Sant Ji asked him what was wrong he replied and said "I can see all the lekhe here on the ground!" - this was outside Baba Deep Singh Ji's memorial within the complex. Sant Ji explained it's because they Matha Tek their lekhe here everyday.

surprisingly I agree with this, going from a scientific perspective (and then even putting in Karmic principles) there's only a set amount of way anything can go, But the exception to these rules are (as you stated) Guru Sahib and his saints. They're the game changers in all this.

There's plenty of predictions about the future, the attack on Darbar Sahib in 1984 was predicted, the partition of India was also predicted and kept at bay by Sant Nand Singh Ji. He asked Akaal Purkh to push it back so he wouldn't have to witness the horrors. There's the Sau Sakhi that deal with it but the issue there is that it's been tampered with..heavily.

7 hours ago, Kira said:

surprisingly I agree with this, going from a scientific perspective (and then even putting in Karmic principles) there's only a set amount of way anything can go, But the exception to these rules are (as you stated) Guru Sahib and his saints. They're the game changers in all this.

There's plenty of predictions about the future, the attack on Darbar Sahib in 1984 was predicted, the partition of India was also predicted and kept at bay by Sant Nand Singh Ji. He asked Akaal Purkh to push it back so he wouldn't have to witness the horrors. There's the Sau Sakhi that deal with it but the issue there is that it's been tampered with..heavily.

Recently I've considered getting my Janam Patri made, though I'm still in two minds - I keep wondering whether it would be a 'real' patri. Would you ever get one made?

As for Sau Sakhi - I've been told we shouldn't pay too much attention to it, probably for the reason you stated. However, I do believe there is most likely some truth to parts of it/them. The one prediciton I still remember hearing is that in the future there will be mechanical horses (cars, for those of you who are picturing horses with bionic legs)!

Then we have Sharda Pooran Granth - a Granth of upaye's if you will. I have no doubt over the Shakti it holds but there's some debate over whether or not we should use Gurbani for specific purposes. I don't see anything wrong with it personally and know of a few people who have used this method successfully, although there are some risks involved.

2 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

Recently I've considered getting my Janam Patri made, though I'm still in two minds - I keep wondering whether it would be a 'real' patri. Would you ever get one made?

As for Sau Sakhi - I've been told we shouldn't pay too much attention to it, probably for the reason you stated. However, I do believe there is most likely some truth to parts of it/them. The one prediciton I still remember hearing is that in the future there will be mechanical horses (cars, for those of you who are picturing horses with bionic legs)!

Then we have Sharda Pooran Granth - a Granth of upaye's if you will. I have no doubt over the Shakti it holds but there's some debate over whether or not we should use Gurbani for specific purposes. I don't see anything wrong with it personally and know of a few people who have used this method successfully, although there are some risks involved.

It's best not to, almost all of them are fakes. There's probably a handful of real people who can do these kinds of things, I've never come across them myself. I personally wouldn't make it myself (though you're free to make your own if you wish), I'm not really concerned about the future. As long as one does Paath anything can be removed. I was told to recite Sukhmani Sahib as it provides protection against future events and helps subsidise them, even completely changing your destiny at that.