Singh2017

Did the Gurus have past lives?

12 minutes ago, JSinghnz said:

Can you tell us your fairy tale of hindu "amrit."

How on earth can you compare that to Guru Gobind Singh's AMRIT!

Im waiting for an answer. Why do we do a chaur sahib?

6 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

Im waiting for an answer. Why do we do a chaur sahib?

We don't do Arti with divas. Full stop.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, JSinghnz said:

Answer my question

Why do we use a chaur sahib?

• Confused 3

55 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

Lets start our panth!! KSS JINDABAD!

Im starting to really like you Mr. Doaba other then the fact that im from malwa lol

The KSS does not discriminate against Malwais, but KSS HQ will be in Doaba :p you have been made Pradhaan of the Malwa area!

28 minutes ago, JSinghnz said:

Said who? And why is the fact that Guru Nanak Dev Ji composed the Aarti, according to you, not a reason to do it with Divas?

Edited by MrDoaba

13 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

The KSS does not discriminate against Malwais, but KSS HQ will be in Doaba :p you have been made Pradhaan of the Malwa area!

Loooooool

6 hours ago, LightofNaam said:

He sat for many ages in the silence and discovered who He is. Ie Truth

Are you saying God sat in silence to discover who he is?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Said who? And why is the fact that Guru Nanak Dev Ji composed the Aarti, according to you, not a reason to do it with Divas?

Pray to God to give you some sense to understand simple stuff.

Hope below helps

Aarti and Sikh Maryada

The Panthic Sikh Rehit Maryada, the official Sikh Code of Conduct, states:

ਸ) ਉਪਰ ਦੱਸੇ ਸਾਮਾਨ ਤੋਂ ਇਲਾਵਾ ਧੂਪ ਜਾਂ ਦੀਵੇ ਮਚਾ ਕੇ ਆਰਤੀ ਕਰਨੀ, ਭੋਗ ਲਾਉਣਾ, ਜੋਤਾਂ ਜਗਾਉਣੀਆਂ, ਟੱਲ ਖੜਕਾਉਣੇ ਆਦਿ ਕਰਮ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਨਹੀਂ[ ਹਾਂ, ਸਥਾਨ ਨੂੰ ਸੁਗੰਧਿਤ ਕਰਨ ਲਈ ਫੁੱਲ, ਧੂਪ ਆਦਿ ਸੁਗੰਧੀਆਂ ਵਰਤਣੀਆਂ ਵਿਵਰਜਿਤ ਨਹੀਂ[ ਕਮਰੇ ਅੰਦਰ ਰੌਸ਼ਨੀ ਲਈ ਤੇਲ,ਘੀ ਜਾਂ ਮੋਮਬੱਤੀ, ਬਿਜਲੀ, ਲੈਂਪ ਆਦਿ ਜਗਾ ਲੈਣੇ ਚਾਹੀਦੇ ਹਨ[

d.

Anything except the afore-mentioned reverential ceremonies, for instance, such practices as the Aarti (waving of a platter with burning lamps and incense set in it in vertical circular motion) with burning incense and lamps, offerings of eatables to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, burning of lights, beating of gongs, etc., is contrary to Gurmat (the Guru's way). However, for the perfuming of the place, the use of flowers, incense and scent is not barred. For light inside the room, oil or butter-oil lamps, candles, electric lamps, kerosene oil lamps, etc., may he lighted.

In the same spirit, Sant Gurbachan Singh Bhindranwale, a Gurbani scholar and saint, clearly explains what Aarti means in the Sikh religion in 'Gurbaani Paath Darpan'. In chapter of Akhand Paath maryada, page 168, Sant Ji writes:

ਆਰਤੀ ੳਚਾਰਨੀ, ਦੀਵੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਬਾਲਣੇ,ਕੇਵਲ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਪੜਨੇ ਅਤੇ ਕੀਰਤਨ ਕਰਨਾ, ਫਿਰ ਕੜਾਹ ਪ੍ਰਸ਼ਾਦ ਵੰਡਣਾ ਅਤੇ ਖੁੱਲਾ ਲੰਗਰ ਕਰਨਾ।

"Do Aarti, don't light lamps, only read Shabads of Aarti and Do Kirtan, then distribute Karah Parshad and have open Langar."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, JSinghnz said:

Pray to God to give you some sense to understand simple stuff.

Hope below helps

Aarti and Sikh Maryada

ਸ) ਉਪਰ ਦੱਸੇ ਸਾਮਾਨ ਤੋਂ ਇਲਾਵਾ ਧੂਪ ਜਾਂ ਦੀਵੇ ਮਚਾ ਕੇ ਆਰਤੀ ਕਰਨੀ, ਭੋਗ ਲਾਉਣਾ, ਜੋਤਾਂ ਜਗਾਉਣੀਆਂ, ਟੱਲ ਖੜਕਾਉਣੇ ਆਦਿ ਕਰਮ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਨਹੀਂ[ ਹਾਂ, ਸਥਾਨ ਨੂੰ ਸੁਗੰਧਿਤ ਕਰਨ ਲਈ ਫੁੱਲ, ਧੂਪ ਆਦਿ ਸੁਗੰਧੀਆਂ ਵਰਤਣੀਆਂ ਵਿਵਰਜਿਤ ਨਹੀਂ[ ਕਮਰੇ ਅੰਦਰ ਰੌਸ਼ਨੀ ਲਈ ਤੇਲ,ਘੀ ਜਾਂ ਮੋਮਬੱਤੀ, ਬਿਜਲੀ, ਲੈਂਪ ਆਦਿ ਜਗਾ ਲੈਣੇ ਚਾਹੀਦੇ ਹਨ[

d.

Anything except the afore-mentioned reverential ceremonies, for instance, such practices as the Aarti (waving of a platter with burning lamps and incense set in it in vertical circular motion) with burning incense and lamps, offerings of eatables to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, burning of lights, beating of gongs, etc., is contrary to Gurmat (the Guru's way). However, for the perfuming of the place, the use of flowers, incense and scent is not barred. For light inside the room, oil or butter-oil lamps, candles, electric lamps, kerosene oil lamps, etc., may he lighted.

In the same spirit, Sant Gurbachan Singh Bhindranwale, a Gurbani scholar and saint, clearly explains what Aarti means in the Sikh religion in 'Gurbaani Paath Darpan'. In chapter of Akhand Paath maryada, page 168, Sant Ji writes:

ਆਰਤੀ ੳਚਾਰਨੀ, ਦੀਵੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਬਾਲਣੇ,ਕੇਵਲ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਪੜਨੇ ਅਤੇ ਕੀਰਤਨ ਕਰਨਾ, ਫਿਰ ਕੜਾਹ ਪ੍ਰਸ਼ਾਦ ਵੰਡਣਾ ਅਤੇ ਖੁੱਲਾ ਲੰਗਰ ਕਰਨਾ।

"Do Aarti, don't light lamps, only read Shabads of Aarti and Do Kirtan, then distribute Karah Parshad and have open Langar."

Why are you not answering my question bud? Im asking why we use a chaur sahib but you are not answering.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, JSinghnz said:

Aarti and Sikh Maryada

Gurbaani Paath Darpan

Those two documents are not representative of the Sikh Panth by any means. If they were, most Sikhs would not be considered 'Sikh'. Guess Hazoor Sahib, Patna Sahib, and ALL the traditional Sampardas are idiots hey. Many things they claim to be contrary to Gurmat in SRM are done by majority of Gurdwaras I have been to so I guess they're not Sikh by its logic either.

I suggest you read the document in the link I provided. Here it is again:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/183005595/Arati-Arata-by-Dr-Kamalroop-Singh-Akali-Nihang-pdf

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Those two documents are not representative of the Sikh Panth by any means. If they were, most Sikhs would not be considered 'Sikh'. Guess Hazoor Sahib, Patna Sahib, and ALL the traditional Sampardas are idiots hey. Many things they claim to be contrary to Gurmat in SRM are done by majority of Gurdwaras I have been to so I guess they're not Sikh by its logic either.

I suggest you read the document in the link I provided. Here it is again:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/183005595/Arati-Arata-by-Dr-Kamalroop-Singh-Akali-Nihang-pdf

I suggest you become a Sikh first and follow the Sikh Rehat Maryada.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, JSinghnz said:

I suggest you become a Sikh first and follow the Sikh Rehat Maryada.

Tell that to all the other Sikhs who don't fit your narrow-minded rigid definition of what a Sikh is as well.

It's people like you who turn others away from Sikhi because you continue to attempt to dissolve any and all practises you deem to be anti-Sikh or Hindu which have in fact been around since the advent of Sikhi.

Keep your wishy-washy reform faith to yourself. If you are what constitutes a Sikh then I'd rather not be be one.

ਮਾ ਸਰਸਵਤੀ ਤੇਰੇ ਬੁੱਧੀ ਤੇ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰੇ ਤੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਨੁਕਸ ਕੱਢੇ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, JSinghnz said:

Can you tell us your fairy tale of hindu "amrit."

How on earth can you compare that to Guru Gobind Singh's AMRIT!

HIndus also have amrit, you're saying we should stop doing stuff because Hindus do it. So please enlighten me. As usual you do nothing but run your mouth. Honestly, the least you can do is form conjugate sentences so they are at-least semi comprehensible.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

51 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Tell that to all the other Sikhs who don't fit your narrow-minded rigid definition of what a Sikh is as well.

It's people like you who turn others away from Sikhi because you continue to attempt to dissolve any and all practises you deem to be anti-Sikh or Hindu which have in fact been around since the advent of Sikhi.

Keep your wishy-washy reform faith to yourself. If you are what constitutes a Sikh then I'd rather not be be one.

ਮਾ ਸਰਸਵਤੀ ਤੇਰੇ ਬੁੱਧੀ ਤੇ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰੇ ਤੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਨੁਕਸ ਕੱਢੇ

This clearly that you are not a Sikh.

Invoke the help of other Matas ( hindu goddess)  to to stick your chosen religion( Hinduism).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1