Singh2017

Did the Gurus have past lives?

Just now, sikhni777 said:

You have yo think In terms of spirits, not physical bodies. They have past lives but they are above janam and maran. They cannot come In juun like us. 

VJKK VJKF

I can accept they were around at different times and weren't in joon and everything but I don't understand this whole past life and being different people and not perfect and our sikh gurus in other lives. 

Vaheguru Ji.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

I can accept they were around at different times and weren't in joon and everything but I don't understand this whole past life and being different people and not perfect and our sikh gurus in other lives. 

Vaheguru Ji.

Would Guru Angad Dev ji still be our Guru, If he was performing durga puja? He woulH be Icoming back In search of the true Guru In the next life.

Do have a glass or two of water for headaches.

22 hours ago, NonExistant said:

But Jagraj Singh from basics of sikhi himself said that Guru Gobind Singh ji was Dusht Daman sooo....

Also many people believe it. Have you read Bachittar Natak?? 

Hemkunt Sahib exists for a reason!

Have you bothered to read what I said?

2 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

Would Guru Angad Dev ji still be our Guru, If he was performing durga puja? He woulH be Icoming back In search of the true Guru In the next life.

Do have a glass or two of water for headaches.

Bhain ji Akal Purakh doesn't need to do bhagti to put Maya under his control , since It is Adi Shakti which created Maya . Guru Sahiban were all living in Hukham  and it was Kirpa which brought the job of holder of Kalyug Baba Nanak Dev ji's jot there is no point in thinking  what if's because it was destined to be that way  before the manifestation of those deh in this realm . They werer always meant to be Guru ji, are Guru ji and will remain Guru ji ... sabh Gobind Hai Sabh Gobind Hai

God doesnt need to do bhagti. What would God do bhagti of? himself? Maya is created by waheguru it is nothing without God...the mind boggles at how maya became so strong, God needed to subdue it...

@Singh2017 consider this a lesson on why not to believe everything on the internet. Also please dont be confused. Guru Nanak Dev ji certainly did not have a past life. Guruji is the avtaar roop of Waheguruji. About the other gurus, it does seem like they had past lives. But dont worry, if waheguru ji can reside in scripture form and hear our prayers and answer them and accept  the food we offer and perform miracles and even in the Granth avataar, not be limited in power. Then God can choose to reside in imperfect  human beings as well and not only purify them but make them him. Tell me what is stronger paap or wahegurus power to cleanse paap? If waheguru is most powerful, then paap, joona are nothing to him. Where he appears that place and person becomes pure. Im not an akj but one book which can answer ur question as to why sants arent considered like gurus is the book: 'Is worshipping Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Idol Worship?' The book is by Bhai Randhir Singh Ji. You can find it online. On vidhia.com or ikatha.com or google it. Its name might be Is Bowing to SGGS akin to idol worship...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

Bhain ji Akal Purakh doesn't need to do bhagti to put Maya under his control , since Itthoughi Shakti which created Maya . Guru Sahiban were all living in Hukham  and it was Kirpa which brought the job of holder of Kalyug Baba Nanak Dev ji's jot there is no point in thinking  what if's because it was destined to be that way  before the manifestation of those deh in this realm . They werer always meant to be Guru ji, are Guru ji and will remain Guru ji ... sabh Gobind Hai Sabh Gobind Hai

I will find the quotes and put them on here. Perhaps the translation was not understood by me. I will look for them yThough.

Edited by sikhni777

On 04/11/2017 at 7:38 PM, Singh2017 said:

Sangat Ji, I'm hearing that apparently the gurus had past lives. I find this hard to believe because I thought they were Akaal Purakh themselves so can someone please enlighten me?

Guru Gobind Singh Ji had a previous life, about this there is no dispute. Guru Sahib has told us about it himself.  None of the previous Gurus have written themselves about any previous lives. There is also a tradition that Guru teg Bahadur Ji was a rishi is his previous life.

If you find this hard to believe you are doubting your Guru. And thats never  a good thing.

But it doesn't matter in any way whether they had previous lives. There was a time when you and I (our atma) was part of Sri Kaal Purakh.

On 04/11/2017 at 10:14 PM, harsharan000 said:

Guru Sahiban can never ever have any past life nor karam, for they they come from  the  plane of complete Truth, namely Sach Khand, for the only purpose to enlighten and upliftment of mankind, in the mysteries of Wahiguru Akal Purukh, for us polluted jeevas, as we can not have any sort of access, not morally,  neither physically, nor intelectually.

For Guru Angad, Guru Amardas and Guru Ramdas this plane of truth was the previous Gurus to them. Bhai Lehna was not born on this plane and neither were 3rd and 4th Gurus.

there is a sakhi of Guru Amardas Sahib being a "nigura" before he came to Guru Angad Dev Ji, and Bhai Lehna was a worshipper of Goddess Durga before he came to Guru Nanak Sahib. Guru Ramdas when known as Jetha followed the family tradition of worship ( I can't remember what it was at this time) and they protested when he gave that up to follow Guru Amardas Sahib.

1 hour ago, chatanga said:

Guru Gobind Singh Ji had a previous life, about this there is no dispute. Guru Sahib has told us about it himself.  None of the previous Gurus have written themselves about any previous lives. There is also a tradition that Guru teg Bahadur Ji was a rishi is his previous life.

If you find this hard to believe you are doubting your Guru. And thats never  a good thing.

But it doesn't matter in any way whether they had previous lives. There was a time when you and I (our atma) was part of Sri Kaal Purakh.

For Guru Angad, Guru Amardas and Guru Ramdas this plane of truth was the previous Gurus to them. Bhai Lehna was not born on this plane and neither were 3rd and 4th Gurus.

there is a sakhi of Guru Amardas Sahib being a "nigura" before he came to Guru Angad Dev Ji, and Bhai Lehna was a worshipper of Goddess Durga before he came to Guru Nanak Sahib. Guru Ramdas when known as Jetha followed the family tradition of worship ( I can't remember what it was at this time) and they protested when he gave that up to follow Guru Amardas Sahib.

VJKK VJKF

chatanga Ji, I never said I doubt my gurus. I said that I find it hard to believe because of what I've been taught before and that I've never been given any straight evidence. If Guru Ji said this themselves then the conversation stops here but I have not said anywhere I doubt my gurus in the slightest. 

Vaheguru Ji.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chatanga said:

What you say is true. But I would add the following:

The sakhi is widely told in the Sikh panth that Guru Gobind SIngh ji bowed (with his weapon) to Dadu's smaadh. Then the Khalsa imposed a tankah (religious punishment) on Guru Sahib for violating the Khalsa rehit.

However, some gianis also add the caveat that Guru Sahib did not make a mistake. Guru ji knew what they were doing all along, it was merely a test of the Khalsa to see how closely they follow the rehit and if they grant any exceptions to anybody, no matter how big they might be.

Similarly, I think it can be said that the Gurus did indeed live various sorts of lives prior to coming in contact with the Satguru, but that was for our benefit, to show the power of Satguru to change lives, to bring people up from the normal to the highest, and the power of bhagti and seva. The Gurus did, e.g., worship the Devi and so forth, but only like an actor in a play.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

chatanga Ji, I never said I doubt my gurus. I said that I find it hard to believe because of what I've been taught before and that I've never been given any straight evidence. If Guru Ji said this themselves then the conversation stops here but I have not said anywhere I doubt my gurus in the slightest. 

Vaheguru Ji.

Ok bro.