Did the Gurus have past lives?

Singh2017

2 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

I'm offended. But since you ask, I follow Divaism. The Diva is the main Godhead. And I put my Diva in the air and wave it around like I just don't care.

Now, Veer Ji, forgive me if I offend you, but I just wanted to know...why do you like your own posts? Just wanted to know because I didn't know that there were people who like their own posts on here too.

Jai Diva Di

VJKK VJKF

It's quite funny you say that Ji because up until this morning... I thought you were supposed to. My school email works like that - you like emails so that everyone else can read things you want to share like events and timetables but I found out this morning you can see them regardless of that on here. I joined this just over a month and a few weeks ago and have had exams since so I haven't had the time to know how to properly use this. I unliked all of the previous posts so whatever is liked isn't me. I said no offence for a reason Ji - I didn't mean to be rude so I said no offence before. You didn't have to be so sarcastic Ji. Maaf karna.

Vaheguru Ji.

3 hours ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

It's quite funny you say that Ji because up until this morning... I thought you were supposed to. My school email works like that - you like emails so that everyone else can read things you want to share like events and timetables but I found out this morning you can see them regardless of that on here. I joined this just over a month and a few weeks ago and have had exams since so I haven't had the time to know how to properly use this. I unliked all of the previous posts so whatever is liked isn't me. I said no offence for a reason Ji - I didn't mean to be rude so I said no offence before. You didn't have to be so sarcastic Ji. Maaf karna.

Vaheguru Ji.

ਜੋਕ ਸੀ ਪਾਊ...ਕੋਈ ਮਾਫੀ ਮੂਫੀ ਮੰਗਣ ਦੀ ਲੋੜ ਨੀ. ਮੈਂ ਸਿੱਖ ਐ, ਪਰ ਕਈ ਲੋਕ ਸੋਚਦੇ ਕਿ ਮੈਂ ਦੋ ਨੰਬਰ ਦਾ ਸਿੱਖ ਐ (ਉਹ ਲੋਕ ਇੱਕ ਨੰਬਰ ਦੇ ਕੱਟੜਵਾਦੀ). ਲੇਕਿਨ ਜਿਹੜਾ ਕੂਕਿਆਂ ਦਾ ਬਾਬਾ ਹੈ, ਉਹ ਕਹਿੰਦੇ ਅਸੀਂ ਸਾਰੇ ਜਾਨੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਦੇਵ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਹਨ. ਸਹੀ ਕ ਨਹੀ? ਜੇ ਨਹੀ, ਫੇਰ ਤਾਂ ਲੱਗੀ ਅੱਗ ਏਕਤਾ ਨੂੰ ਬੀਰੇ...

On 06/12/2017 at 11:54 AM, MrDoaba said:

By this logic all translations, arths, teekas etc should just go out the window. Gurbani (including other Sikh writings) is subject to interpretation as it has many layers and so speaks to different people on different levels. Gurbani has no ant, therefore no translation etc is completely right..

I have said all interpretation must accurately state what has been said originally and that's a bad thing!  In one of the previous post you wrote modern Sikhs as a slander and now you have written something against Naamdharis.  Why direct negative comments toward these groups to slander them when, according to you Gurbani is subject to interpretation as it has many layers and speaks to different people on different levels. It speaks to the Naamdharis and "modern" Sikhs differently.  Why don't you live by your words? Why did Nihangs kick out Darshan Ragi from the stage after he spoke about hemkund sahib.  According to you these Nihangs were wrong for kicking out Darshan ragi who was speak about Sikh writing at his level. What you are saying, i, MrDoaba can say what interpretation is correct of Gurbani and Sikh writing but if anyone else does it and it goes against my made up practices, they are wrong and I will label them as modern Sikhs and naamdharis even though they say interpret Gurbani and Sikh writing as what has been written. Gurbani having no ant does not mean Gurbani doesn't have a correct interpretation.  Gurbani has no ant because the correct interpretation can go on for decades and centuries, and for infinity by the Gurmukhs who knows it.  Yet they will never contradict what they said.  Its called Naam. 

I will respond to the rest when I have more time.

23 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

I will respond to the rest when I have more time.

There's no point bro, you'll be wasting your time. I'm not gonna get into a discussion about any of this with you because it's gonna become a p!ssing match. Things are going to get lost in translation, pun intended. Everything you're going to say has been said a million times before. It will come down to this: "this jathebandi, that jathebandi, that group, that samparda, this baba, that baba etc etc" and all that goes along with it, including Panthic politics on a deeper level. None of which I wish to devote my time to.

All I'll say is I've not slandered anyone. Yeah I don't generally like the SGPC et al if that's who you mean by modern Sikhs, but I haven't said anything close to slander. And how in Gods good name did you take what I wrote Namdharis to be against them? My comment about their Baba was supposed to be positive, if somewhat ironic. His samparda is highly marginalised, people don't call them Sikhs, yet he calls for ekta and recognises the differences in the Panth (and is trying to lead his Sikhs back into the wider panth, although these are suspicious claims). There is humour, irony, and truth in that post. Which you've obviously failed to spot. You need to loosen up bro, you've misread my posts before and put whole new meanings to them out of thin air. And if anything, Namdharis are on par with traditional Sampards in regards to how Puratan/Sanatan they are, so it would not make sense for me to bash them in this context.

Stick to what you believe in, and I'll stick to what I believe in. Bas.

1 hour ago, MrDoaba said:

All I'll say is I've not slandered anyone. Yeah I don't generally like the SGPC et al if that's who you mean by modern Sikhs, but I haven't said anything close to slander.

This is what you wrote in this topic

"A number of misguided modern-Sikhs say that this practice is Hindu or ritualistic. If we are to remove everything from the Khalsa Panth that has the slightest relation to the Hindu Dharam we would have nothing left. 

What happened to accepting all the different levels that Gurbani speaks to certain people here?

as I said before.  You want your irrational rule to apply to everyone else expect you and your group. 

On 05/12/2017 at 12:25 AM, MrDoaba said:

Right, so I've listened to the Katha, read a translation of Charitr 404 (bits were missing), and a seperate analysis. Baala is the woman born of flames who, according to the katha, is Mata Sahib Kaur in Kalyug. The analysis states:

"There is another important facet to be kept in mind about Sabudh Baach - The protagonist Baala, who fought with immense courage on the advent of Satjug does not appear anywhere in this present episode for a long time. This, again, is a subtle hint that the present social order has rendered the otherwise capable woman absolutely powerless. However, she reappears in the form of Bhawani and joins Kaal Purakh again in war efforts once all the 'Turk' Demons have been destroyed."

So what @Singh123456777 said would technically be partly correct i.e Mata Sahib Kaur being Chandi/Durga/Bhavani in their past life. What happens in the rest of the charitr vis-a-vis Bhavani? What's the source of the Chandi and Dusht Daman story? Lets see if we can figure out if they are in fact connected in any way.

Also, charitr 404 takes place in Satyug so one could assume that Baala continues to take birth until Kalyug (current day), most likely as Devi until Mata Sahib Kaur (who by some is also considered to be a manifestation of Devi) - my question is this: what is the significance of being born out of fire, what does it represent, especially in regards to the way it is portrayed in the charitr? A fact which may or may not be related to this, is that Devi is often represented by a flame (sometimes in a diva believe it or not haha). Second question: I know many revere the physical manifestations of Devi to varying degrees, and many revere Mata Sahib Kaur without having any connection to Devi, but does it really matter - aren't they all forms of Shakti or the feminine aspect of Akaal Purkh?

Please forgive any mistakes.

Ok so here's my take on this all. Again I'm gonna say I'm not a scholar on Dasam Bani, nor do I have any form of Brahmgyan that I can provide a meaningful spiritual lesson. 

The Fire represents purity and power. For example when Durga waged her war with the general of Mahishasura, While fighting from her rage and her forehead (Dasam Dwar) rose a fire, and that fire gave birth to Kalika.  Mata Baala rising from the flames is important as well, as it shows she has no linege from either side (she wasn't born into a Asura family like Bhagat Prahalad or as a Devta to fight for good). 

In a more deeper stance She represents a Gursikh or a Puran Brahmgyani. The Fire is the fire of Brahmgyan that burns within them. Mata Baala is born amidst of that fire in the the world, She's basically born between Paap (Demons) and Piousness (Devtas). The battlefield represents the Karma fields we live in, basically the eternal struggle between good and evil. But a Gurmukh is born amongst neither and is above both (Sukhmani Sahib). Her being a woman is important as She's also a manifestation of the Soul-Bride that Guru Granth Sahib Ji is also telling us about. 

She wants to marry God and so she prays and her prayers are answered. Bhavani comes to deliver the News that Mata Baala should do anything that God tells her (Bhavani represents Righteousness here, i.e the ideal path reveals itself on how to reach God). Kaal Purkh then instructs her to wage war against the demons (destroy the evil within) and She follows it to a dot. God then assists her due to this by coming to her in a form to support and basically destroy the Demons too. Their union is such that Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva all run and flee as the power and magnificence is too much. On a metaphorical stage that's the 3 guna becoming powerless before the true Gurmukhs. 

I think Ugardanti Bani is amazing in explaining this. Basically Akaal Purkh's Shakti is the one that destroys evil, creates preserves etc. This Shakti will manifest or make itself visible for mortals to see. The power was working through Narsinmha while he destroyed Harnakash. This Power was the same one that was visible to the world while Krishna destroyed Kansa. Think of it like a gun being fired, when we fire a gun. the bullet leaves the pistol and kills someone. The bullet is essentially the Avtars or Devi when they destroy evil, but like the gun we never blame the bullet but the firer, the trigger firer is the one responsible. IN this case that firer is Akaal Purkh Waheguru. That's the Shakti that Guru Sahib told her to Pooj, as without it the bullet is nothing but an empty caress. 

The Dusht Daman Story has its roots in Suraj Prakash Granth but I think its been around alot longer. The incident happened in Satyug, which was when Guru Sahib helps Durga. The final Charitar also takes place in Satyug but the question is when. Before or after the Dusht Daman Story. There's also the incident that since Bhavani is the one who delivers the message to Mata Baala, and Mata Ji is Mata Sahib Kaur Ji. Why is there a difference in characters? Why is Bhavani talking to herself in this instance? the only other time I've read this happened was when Krishna took Arjuna to his realm to speak to Vishnu, in an attempt to teach him a lesson regarding ego while remaining inside his earthly role. 

1 hour ago, Kira said:

Ok so here's my take on this all. Again I'm gonna say I'm not a scholar on Dasam Bani, nor do I have any form of Brahmgyan that I can provide a meaningful spiritual lesson. 

The Fire represents purity and power. For example when Durga waged her war with the general of Mahishasura, While fighting from her rage and her forehead (Dasam Dwar) rose a fire, and that fire gave birth to Kalika.  Mata Baala rising from the flames is important as well, as it shows she has no linege from either side (she wasn't born into a Asura family like Bhagat Prahalad or as a Devta to fight for good). 

In a more deeper stance She represents a Gursikh or a Puran Brahmgyani. The Fire is the fire of Brahmgyan that burns within them. Mata Baala is born amidst of that fire in the the world, She's basically born between Paap (Demons) and Piousness (Devtas). The battlefield represents the Karma fields we live in, basically the eternal struggle between good and evil. But a Gurmukh is born amongst neither and is above both (Sukhmani Sahib). Her being a woman is important as She's also a manifestation of the Soul-Bride that Guru Granth Sahib Ji is also telling us about. 

She wants to marry God and so she prays and her prayers are answered. Bhavani comes to deliver the News that Mata Baala should do anything that God tells her (Bhavani represents Righteousness here, i.e the ideal path reveals itself on how to reach God). Kaal Purkh then instructs her to wage war against the demons (destroy the evil within) and She follows it to a dot. God then assists her due to this by coming to her in a form to support and basically destroy the Demons too. Their union is such that Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva all run and flee as the power and magnificence is too much. On a metaphorical stage that's the 3 guna becoming powerless before the true Gurmukhs. 

I think Ugardanti Bani is amazing in explaining this. Basically Akaal Purkh's Shakti is the one that destroys evil, creates preserves etc. This Shakti will manifest or make itself visible for mortals to see. The power was working through Narsinmha while he destroyed Harnakash. This Power was the same one that was visible to the world while Krishna destroyed Kansa. Think of it like a gun being fired, when we fire a gun. the bullet leaves the pistol and kills someone. The bullet is essentially the Avtars or Devi when they destroy evil, but like the gun we never blame the bullet but the firer, the trigger firer is the one responsible. IN this case that firer is Akaal Purkh Waheguru. That's the Shakti that Guru Sahib told her to Pooj, as without it the bullet is nothing but an empty caress. 

The Dusht Daman Story has its roots in Suraj Prakash Granth but I think its been around alot longer. The incident happened in Satyug, which was when Guru Sahib helps Durga. The final Charitar also takes place in Satyug but the question is when. Before or after the Dusht Daman Story. There's also the incident that since Bhavani is the one who delivers the message to Mata Baala, and Mata Ji is Mata Sahib Kaur Ji. Why is there a difference in characters? Why is Bhavani talking to herself in this instance? the only other time I've read this happened was when Krishna took Arjuna to his realm to speak to Vishnu, in an attempt to teach him a lesson regarding ego while remaining inside his earthly role. 

Im sarbloh granth it talks about when durga needed help from sarbloh avtaar, again dont know if that is before or after dusht daman

5 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

Im sarbloh granth it talks about when durga needed help from sarbloh avtaar, again dont know if that is before or after dusht daman

I think this was a different incident, if I recall right this was during the war with Brijnaad? 

I'm in the process of getting pothis of Sarbloh Granth so I'll definitely see if I can put together a chronological order to the events, but I'm sure someone somewhere took a note of it.