Did the Gurus have past lives?

Singh2017

Any normal person who wants to achieve mukti and become one with God will have to come and perform tapasya on this earth. In fact they would have to take birth 7 times to achieve the perfect state. 

Vich duniya sev kamaiye ta darge besan paiye.

It is most likely that all the Guru jis were doing their kamayi parallel to the time that we were probably lost in our churasi juun. By some good karma which is darshan of our Guruji in any of their previous births, we have become sikhs as well.

Hum rulte phirte koi baat na puchta. Gur satgur ki reh hum thape... ( not sure how this line goes exactly)

We are all moving ahead in time.

Vin karma kich paiye nahi.

Our Guru jis have performed tapasya and have shared it with us. Some have told us about their past lives, some remain hidden by the hukam of God. I wonder how much divine knowledge written by Guru ji got lost in the sarsa nadhi.

Bhai Gurdas Ji dhiya vaara even refer to the past life of Guru Nanak Dev ji. 

We have to remember that earthly forms are different to heavenly forms.

Just as you at home wear a different dress and behave differently to when you are at school or at work. .. God too is different in heaven, different on earth. People at school may call you another name and you have a different name at home.  Its the same with God. You are the same person at home as at school and your duties name and dress differ. So are all divine beings. They are different on earth and different in heaven. 

8 minutes ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

I don't know how I feel about thi juun. I thought all the gurus had no past lives. It's just not right... how can a mere mortal do many lives of bhagti and become the guru? Not just any guru but the only true guru in this world and all the next worlds and are god themselves. This confuses me so much. I've always been taught that the gurus were god themselves on earth because they were one with god and god came themselves 10 times in the human form. But there are many mahapurakhs who are one with god so why don't we consider them the guru as well? I'm really confused and it's really shaking me... I just can't come to terms with this.

Vaheguru Ji.

You have yo think In terms of spirits, not physical bodies. They have past lives but they are above janam and maran. They cannot come In juun like us. 

The Gurus have been chosen by God to be our teachers.  God has ordained them and put the seal in their foreheads that they will be able to do all the kamayi they have achieved.  We are supposed to follow in their footsteps.  

Everyone who is able to pray or do anything else is because God has given them the ability to do so. He has written everything beforehand.  we are just experiencing it.

Read the SGGS regularly and the veil of darkness will be slowly be lifted off. The same message over and over again- how to escape death ?

The Gurus did it,  the bhagats did it- they escaped death.  They are there to guide us how to do it.

God himself was engaged in bhagti for a number of yugs. Then he put maya under him. 

16 minutes ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

I can accept they were around at different times and weren't in joon and everything but I don't understand this whole past life and being different people and not perfect and our sikh gurus in other lives. 

Vaheguru Ji.

Would Guru Angad Dev ji still be our Guru, If he was performing durga puja? He woulH be Icoming back In search of the true Guru In the next life.

Do have a glass or two of water for headaches.

22 hours ago, NonExistant said:

But Jagraj Singh from basics of sikhi himself said that Guru Gobind Singh ji was Dusht Daman sooo....

Also many people believe it. Have you read Bachittar Natak?? 

Hemkunt Sahib exists for a reason!

Have you bothered to read what I said?

2 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

Would Guru Angad Dev ji still be our Guru, If he was performing durga puja? He woulH be Icoming back In search of the true Guru In the next life.

Do have a glass or two of water for headaches.

Bhain ji Akal Purakh doesn't need to do bhagti to put Maya under his control , since It is Adi Shakti which created Maya . Guru Sahiban were all living in Hukham  and it was Kirpa which brought the job of holder of Kalyug Baba Nanak Dev ji's jot there is no point in thinking  what if's because it was destined to be that way  before the manifestation of those deh in this realm . They werer always meant to be Guru ji, are Guru ji and will remain Guru ji ... sabh Gobind Hai Sabh Gobind Hai