Singh2017

Did the Gurus have past lives?

VJKK VJKF 

Sangat Ji, I'm hearing that apparently the gurus had past lives. I find this hard to believe because I thought they were Akaal Purakh themselves so can someone please enlighten me?

Vaheguru Ji

• Like 4

13 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

You are absolutely corect.

Guru Sahiban can never ever have any past life nor karam, for they they come from  the  plane of complete Truth, namely Sach Khand, for the only purpose to enlighten and upliftment of mankind, in the mysteries of Wahiguru Akal Purukh, for us polluted jeevas, as we can not have any sort of access, not morally,  neither physically, nor intelectually.

We are tightly bound by maya and karam, thus in deep agyanta, unless He, through His kirpa dissolves these our tight chains, there is no hope for us,.

Bin Navai nahee kou thao.

Sat Sree Akal.

Penji could you shed some light on Dusht Daman being the previous life of Dasam Pita please? Of course Guru Maharaaj didn't have past lives or karam like us mere mortals.

2 hours ago, S4NGH said:

Penji could you shed some light on Dusht Daman being the previous life of Dasam Pita please? Of course Guru Maharaaj didn't have past lives or karam like us mere mortals.

But Jagraj Singh from basics of sikhi himself said that Guru Gobind Singh ji was Dusht Daman sooo....

Also many people believe it. Have you read Bachittar Natak?? 

Hemkunt Sahib exists for a reason!

Edited by NonExistant
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

Believe it or not. Guru Gobind Singh Ji is Dusht Daman. Case closed. It is what it is.

Edited by NonExistant
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I think we have to understand what guru is. This is how it works in my opinion. Feel free to correct me:

God was alone first then he created naam then satguru. After that he created the world. So its kind of like the christian trinity. God is 1 but has 3 forms: naam, satguru, and God himself. Very similar to trinity: father, son, and holy spirit. It is satgurus job to go to all the lands and universes to enlighten the people. So satguru was pargat in our world as guru nanak dev ji. But the other gurus like bhai lehna seems to be normal humans with karma and past lives. Forgive me if im wrong. Like bhai lehna worshipped a devi, bhai jetha was an orphan...these all seem karmic. But satguru has paraas kala, no greater then paaras kala. A paaras turns stones to gold, but doesnt turn stones to paaras, itself. The guru can turn ppl not only into gurmukhs, sants, devte, but also the guru. Then the primordial jot of satguru resided in each of the gurus as it now resides in SGGS JI. some of these thoughts i got from gurmatbibek.com. others are mine.

Please satguruji forgive me if i have spoken wronglyor against ur shaaan. For how can a mere human know ur mysterious grand ways

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, S4NGH said:

Dusht Daman was a Monarch who reigned near current day Hazoor Sahib during Satyug, deciding to meditate on God he goes to Hemkunt Sahib and starts tapisya there to become one with God, he succeeds obviously. During his time there in a different region of the world Durga is battling demons again, the demons overwhelm her and she flees the battle field, from the katha I heard she became so weak she actually lost her corporeal form.

Finding a Rishi doing tapisya she begs him to protect her. That Rishi is Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji Maharaj. The Rishi protects her and the demon hoards come to him, demanding he hand over Devi. Rishi Ji is unafraid and prays to Waheguru who sends Dusht Daman to help, Dusht Daman (also being a warrior) razes the demon army along with an army of lions (created by Rishi JI from his lion matt), iirc Durga also takes part in the battle after Rishi Ji restores all her powers. 

It was during the time of Dusht Daman that Sarbloh Granth was written. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Any normal person who wants to achieve mukti and become one with God will have to come and perform tapasya on this earth. In fact they would have to take birth 7 times to achieve the perfect state. 

Vich duniya sev kamaiye ta darge besan paiye.

It is most likely that all the Guru jis were doing their kamayi parallel to the time that we were probably lost in our churasi juun. By some good karma which is darshan of our Guruji in any of their previous births, we have become sikhs as well.

Hum rulte phirte koi baat na puchta. Gur satgur ki reh hum thape... ( not sure how this line goes exactly)

We are all moving ahead in time.

Vin karma kich paiye nahi.

Our Guru jis have performed tapasya and have shared it with us. Some have told us about their past lives, some remain hidden by the hukam of God. I wonder how much divine knowledge written by Guru ji got lost in the sarsa nadhi.

Bhai Gurdas Ji dhiya vaara even refer to the past life of Guru Nanak Dev ji. 

We have to remember that earthly forms are different to heavenly forms.

Just as you at home wear a different dress and behave differently to when you are at school or at work. .. God too is different in heaven, different on earth. People at school may call you another name and you have a different name at home.  Its the same with God. You are the same person at home as at school and your duties name and dress differ. So are all divine beings. They are different on earth and different in heaven. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

But obviously im not forcing my beliefs on to anyone. You guys can choose to believe whatever you want. ☺

8 minutes ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

I don't know how I feel about thi juun. I thought all the gurus had no past lives. It's just not right... how can a mere mortal do many lives of bhagti and become the guru? Not just any guru but the only true guru in this world and all the next worlds and are god themselves. This confuses me so much. I've always been taught that the gurus were god themselves on earth because they were one with god and god came themselves 10 times in the human form. But there are many mahapurakhs who are one with god so why don't we consider them the guru as well? I'm really confused and it's really shaking me... I just can't come to terms with this.

Vaheguru Ji.

You have yo think In terms of spirits, not physical bodies. They have past lives but they are above janam and maran. They cannot come In juun like us. 

• Like 1

The Gurus have been chosen by God to be our teachers.  God has ordained them and put the seal in their foreheads that they will be able to do all the kamayi they have achieved.  We are supposed to follow in their footsteps.  

Everyone who is able to pray or do anything else is because God has given them the ability to do so. He has written everything beforehand.  we are just experiencing it.

Read the SGGS regularly and the veil of darkness will be slowly be lifted off. The same message over and over again- how to escape death ?

The Gurus did it,  the bhagats did it- they escaped death.  They are there to guide us how to do it.

God himself was engaged in bhagti for a number of yugs. Then he put maya under him. 

Edited by sikhni777