I was told by an AMRITDHARI I was too good looking to take Amrit

Guest Angry and fed up

VJKK VJKF

jo tho praem khaelan kaa chaao |
If you desire to play this game of love with Me,
sir dhar thalee galee maeree aao |
then step onto My Path with your head in hand.
eith maarag pair dhareejai |
When you place your feet on this Path,
sir dheejai kaan n keejai |20|
give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20||

Read this shabad and then you will get your answer because technically you have already stepped on this path so do not pay any attention to public opinion. Carry on and do what you are doing. You need to toughen up and tell your mum that you are taking amrit and how long will she be angry for? A day or two? So remember that Guru Ji made you a warrior as well as a sant. Take a hukamnama and then you will get Guru Ji's input too.

VJKK VJKF

Guest Freedom

My mum and relatives said the Same thing to me years back. I'm a girl and everyone used to go about how stunning and beautiful I am etc so everyone was shocked when i wanted to take amrit. 

I didn't care that I was beautiful, i cared about God more and being lnternally pure/ beautiful, everyone was obsessed with it and I just didn't care, i told God he can take it from me as a test if He wants.

I didn't take amrit but that was my choice eventually. I purified myself internally which is the point of taking amrit.

I Believe my faith is stronger than it would have been if i took Amrit because each day I have the freedom to go back to Maya, but I'm still here in Truth.

VJKK VJKF

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, Guest Freedom said:

My mum and relatives said the Same thing to me years back. I'm a girl and everyone used to go about how stunning and beautiful I am etc so everyone was shocked when i wanted to take amrit. 

I didn't care that I was beautiful, i cared about God more and being lnternally pure/ beautiful, everyone was obsessed with it and I just didn't care, i told God he can take it from me as a test if He wants.

I didn't take amrit but that was my choice eventually. I purified myself internally which is the point of taking amrit.

I Believe my faith is stronger than it would have been if i took Amrit because each day I have the freedom to go back to Maya, but I'm still here in Truth.

Same my parents say that to me now and my mum said: You're lucky to have a jawline and such nice eyes and eyebrows. I said that its more important to be beautiful from the inside and she just looked at me hopelessly. I felt so bad then because why can't she just accept what I want to do with my life? I would say just ignore her and carry on doing what you are doing because that's what I'm doing and its slightly working.

VJKK VJKF

Hello im facing terrible terrible insomnia for the past 4 months. In depression and anxiety and brain is all numb of lack of sleep. Im currently pregnant with my first baby. I went to neuro and told him he said he cant prescribe me any pills as it will effect on my new born. Im going crazy and mental, i should be excited and happy its my first baby. But lack of sleep is killing me inside and making me crazy and do all stupid things. Please show me a way. I do paath and ardas but my memory is losing day by day. 

If u like going out with girls then don't bother taking Amrit - you will find it hard - and yes you won't look attractive in the western sense - especially to girls that are into fashion. If you're happy with that then do it - but be warned 

VJKK VJKF

12 hours ago, Guest Rajdip said:

Hello im facing terrible terrible insomnia for the past 4 months. In depression and anxiety and brain is all numb of lack of sleep. Im currently pregnant with my first baby. I went to neuro and told him he said he cant prescribe me any pills as it will effect on my new born. Im going crazy and mental, i should be excited and happy its my first baby. But lack of sleep is killing me inside and making me crazy and do all stupid things. Please show me a way. I do paath and ardas but my memory is losing day by day. 

Easiest thing to do is to listen to Sukhmani Sahib and it will also have a positive effect on your baby. Try to listen to all the time. Here it is:

VJKK VJKF

On 1/11/2017 at 5:31 PM, Guest Angry and fed up said:

My cousins Chacha took amrit not long ago. Just over the weekend we had a wedding, and I told him I wanted to take amrit. His response has still shocked me till now “you are still so young and you have been blessed with good looks, go enjoy your life for a few more years and then take amrit. You have really nice eyes and a jaw line, DONT WASTE IT” what the F**k. It really put me off sikhi, to know that amritdharis think this. I would have expected this from a mona, not a singh that japs naam!!!!!!

I have not eaten meat for about 3 months (my dad doesn’t know this, I’m scared that if he finds out he will flip), I don’t drink and I have never done drugs. 

Please sangat ji, what do you think?

Surely what my cousins Chacha said is absolute rubbish, right?

Guest Angry Jee,

your cousin´s chacha is absolutely wrong. 

It is evident, age does not bring gyan, rather by His kirpa, and those blessings are surely on you, so be strong mentally,  for the world will always try to put one down, instead of being supportive,  but Wahiguru is with you, that is why you have that prem and sharda in Him.

So thank Him, for that precious gift.

Regarding your case, you see, it is said that if the path to our destination Wahiguru, was short and easy, and we had unlimited time at our disposal, then we could begin the journey of bhakti at any time.

But the fact is, our condition is the opposite, the journey is long and  ardous, and the time is very much limited and uncertain.

Therfore, would it not be wise to start as soon as possible?

Time is passing rapidly. Minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years just seem to flash away, so, where is our sense or urgency, when we should be making the most of what we ought to really do, which is His bhakti as our first priority?

Living in the world, interacting with people, it all seems to be so real and true. Our daily routine, work, friends and family, all take up a significant proprtion of our time and attention.

Considering them to be urgent, we put off, that which is truly important.

We all have good intentions, lofty goals, and even the desire to attain them.

However we are caught up between, that which is important, our devotion to Him, and that which, we think is urgent, as per our daily worldly  life, duties and resposibilities.

"The urgent" has taken over our lives so much, that, "the important"is put on a back burner, and unfortunately either forgotten or postponed.

Wahiguru does not say, leave all your duties and come to me, rather we have to be like swans, while being in the pond, when the need arises, it flies with its wings dry.

The same should be with us, from the 24 hours at our avail, we should take out time for all activities and duties, but, we should not fail, to devote certain time of each day, in His rememberance. We owe our existence to Him, so should we not, as thankful children, pay Him some attention of love, by doing His bhakti?

just as we want to make money right from our young years, so that in the old age we should live with dignity without depending on anyone or anybody,  in a similar way, the "dhan or wealth of Bhakti", which we go on gathering or amassing, with eaxch passing moment in our lives, is the only wealth, which we can ever carry with us, everything else shall be left behind, except our heavy karmas.

So why not gather that dhan as much as possible, that also which  is showered freely by Him upon all.

Our attitude in gathering this spiritual wealth, should at least be, just like as a miser gathers each one penny and puts it into the piggy bank.

Though His Name is unvaluable, and no amount of any money in the three lokas can make it ours, if it was not  for His grace and mercy alone.

The wolrd will keep on putting us off from the path of Truth, nevertheless we should pity them, and with courage and faith in Him, do our bhakti as much as possible.

Stay blessed.

Sat Sree Akal.

On 01/11/2017 at 5:31 PM, Guest Angry and fed up said:

My cousins Chacha took amrit not long ago. Just over the weekend we had a wedding, and I told him I wanted to take amrit. His response has still shocked me till now “you are still so young and you have been blessed with good looks, go enjoy your life for a few more years and then take amrit. You have really nice eyes and a jaw line, DONT WASTE IT” what the F**k. It really put me off sikhi, to know that amritdharis think this. I would have expected this from a mona, not a singh that japs naam!!!!!!

My family have reluctantly stopped me from taking Amrit! It’s always “oh your still so young”, “your so good looking, you won’t look nice with a dastar”, “you won’t do good at school” 

I thought by doing really good at school my mum would let me take amrit, so I got my gcse results and I got all A’s. Just when I was about to say that look I have done well at school now let me take amrit my Dad said “see, if you had taken amrit you wouldn’t have got these good grades”. 

I have wanted to take amrit for about one year now (I’m 18) due to my past mistakes, by going out with girls, staying out late, my family are saying I will want to do this later on when I’m older. Which is just BS. Just a couple of months ago one of my family members sent my pic off to JD (big sports franchise) for teenage models, and I got selected to go. I told my family that I don’t want to do it and I want to take amrit. When I said this my mum slapped me, my chacha and Dad got REALLY ANGRY, I honestly thought I was going to get hit.  I didn’t do the JD thing and me and my mum are still talking but I still want to take amrit, my chacha and dads tactic to scare me away from amrit never worked!

I just read a thread similar to mine that a teenager who was good looking has taken amrit can he still date something like that and it really made me want to post this up. 

I have not eaten meat for about 3 months (my dad doesn’t know this, I’m scared that if he finds out he will flip), I don’t drink and I have never done drugs. 

Please sangat ji, what do you think? Surely what my cousins Chacha said is absolute rubbish, right?

bro 

ever thought this is Maya testing your resolve ? Guru ji wants us to be pukke  not dil de kache . What your folks don't realise is that models are highly exploited and can be pressurised often into abuse especially youngsters, it's not all that it's made out to be . Last week a teenager died at a photo shoot because she was too scared to tell them she was sick.  I'm glad you chose better it's not fair your Mum, Dad and chacha ji trying to live vicariously through you , they have their lives to lead and you yours if the call of Guru ji is strong in your heart , follow it there is nothing wrong in trusting the perfect Guru ji. Start doing your  nitnem banian as it will smooth the  ripples made by Kalyug  and help create a calmness in you.