Can someone explain why does sometimes we have to face obstacles or bighans while doing simran.. 

The obstacles are due to the polution of our minds which comes on the surface.

Neverthelss, we should carry on with His Simran, then He will shower His Kirpa to wash away that dirt, which would be impossoble otherwise.

Our efforts in His Simran, are nothing, but to submit and subdue our ego in His hukum, so that He can  be pleased and wash us.

Prabh ka simran, man kee mael jaae.

This is the only formula to overcome and defeat the mind, which as said above, is quite impossible otherwise.

Stay blessed,

Sat Sree Akal

Edited by harsharan000
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kaur72 said:

Can someone explain why does sometimes we have to face obstacles or bighans while doing simran.. 

Depends on a few reasons, which can be past/present karm. Gurbani washes away sins, and purifies the soul, so in order for the cleaning process to take place, obstacles/bighan will try to fight against it. It's like dirty water going through a sieve. If you transfer the water from one glass to another, the dirt will not be removed by itself, therefore it will sieve through slowly and the dirty bits will get stuck to the sieve. 

One may experience many things along the spiritual journeys, but it's important to remember to carry on. 

ਬਿਘਨੁ ਨ ਕੋਊ ਲਾਗਤਾ ਗੁਰ ਪਹਿ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ  
बिघनु न कोऊ लागता गुर पहि अरदासि ॥ 
Bigẖan na ko▫ū lāgṯā gur pėh arḏās. 
By praying to the Guru, no obstacle befalls the man. 

ਰਖਵਾਲਾ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਰਾਇ ਭਗਤਨ ਕੀ ਰਾਸਿ ॥੧॥ 
रखवाला गोबिंद राइ भगतन की रासि ॥१॥ 
Rakẖvālā gobinḏ rā▫e bẖagṯan kī rās. ||1|| 
God, the King is the Saviour of the capital-stock of His saints. 

SGGS ji Ang 816

• Like 1

Thank u so much harsharan and simran ji. I understand now why we face bighans.. what can we do when we feel fearful apart from doing ardas and keep doing his simran all the time.. as something happened with me and I heard some whispering don’t exactly know what the whispering was about and experienced something like when the body is not being able to move.. but the whispering was the scary part. It really made me scared.. and sometimes I feel scared when doing simran as it’s always on my mind that it might happen again.. but at the same I don’t want to stop doing simran. It’s been few days since that happened and I’m not scared at the moment but its just the thought thats stuck somewhere in my mind.. I just do simran and try not to think about it anymore but still sometimes that thought just pops up. 

Oh yes I’ve talked to him. Gave me so much information but it’s in my head And I don’t know how to get it out.

1 minute ago, Kaur72 said:

I heard some whispering don’t exactly know what the whispering was about and experienced something like when the body is not being able to move.. but the whispering was the scary part.

This may have been anything, either you’re hearing things in the distance, which when we do Simran seem to get magnified, so we think it’s something near us. It could also be some energy being attracted by Gurbani. But don’t be scared, until you know what it is. It may just be a one off and not happen again. I’m sorry but I don’t know how you should deal with this, but somebody else may be able to. 

4 minutes ago, Kaur72 said:

t really made me scared.. and sometimes I feel scared when doing simran as it’s always on my mind that it might happen again.. but at the same I don’t want to stop doing simran. It’s been few days since that happened and I’m not scared at the moment but its just the thought thats stuck somewhere in my mind.

This is what happens when things try to stop one from doing Simran. There’s nothing to be scared about Simran. Have full faith and trust Waheguru, and your fear will depart. 

6 minutes ago, Kaur72 said:

I just do simran and try not to think about it anymore but still sometimes that thought just pops up. 

It will pass, if you need to speak to somebody with more experience, then somebody on this forum could help you. 

2 minutes ago, simran345 said:

It will pass, if you need to speak to somebody with more experience, then somebody on this forum could help you. 

Yes hopefully it’ll pass. Have full faith on waheguru and I’ll keep doing his simran until my last breath.. thank u so much for ur help. 

• Thanks 1

Here is a soothing shabad which tells us that we are responsible for all these things which bind us down. We need to let go and become like an innocent child. We need to stop using our man mat to judge things.

SGGS Ang 214

ਰਾਗੁ ਗਉੜੀ ਮਾਲਾ ਮਹਲਾ  
रागु गउड़ी माला महला ५ 
Rāg ga▫oṛī mālā mėhlā 5 
Raag Gauree Maalaa, Fifth Mehl: 

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ  
ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥ 
Ik▫oaʼnkār saṯgur parsāḏ. 
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru: 

ਪਾਇਓ ਬਾਲ ਬੁਧਿ ਸੁਖੁ ਰੇ  
पाइओ बाल बुधि सुखु रे ॥ 
Pā▫i▫o bāl buḏẖ sukẖ re. 
Adopting the innocent mind of a child, I have found peace. 

ਹਰਖ ਸੋਗ ਹਾਨਿ ਮਿਰਤੁ ਦੂਖ ਸੁਖ ਚਿਤਿ ਸਮਸਰਿ ਗੁਰ ਮਿਲੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ  
हरख सोग हानि मिरतु दूख सुख चिति समसरि गुर मिले ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ 
Harakẖ sog hān miraṯ ḏūkẖ sukẖ cẖiṯ samsar gur mile. ||1|| rahā▫o. 
Joy and sorrow, profit and loss, birth and death, pain and pleasure - they are all the same to my consciousness, since I met the Guru. ||1||Pause|| 

ਜਉ ਲਉ ਹਉ ਕਿਛੁ ਸੋਚਉ ਚਿਤਵਉ ਤਉ ਲਉ ਦੁਖਨੁ ਭਰੇ  
जउ लउ हउ किछु सोचउ चितवउ तउ लउ दुखनु भरे ॥ 
Ja▫o la▫o ha▫o kicẖẖ socẖa▫o cẖiṯva▫o ṯa▫o la▫o ḏukẖan bẖare. 
As long as I plotted and planned things, I was full of frustration. 

ਜਉ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਭੇਟਿਆ ਤਉ ਆਨਦ ਸਹਜੇ ॥੧॥ 
जउ क्रिपालु गुरु पूरा भेटिआ तउ आनद सहजे ॥१॥ 
Ja▫o kirpāl gur pūrā bẖeti▫ā ṯa▫o ānaḏ sėhje. ||1|| 
When I met the Kind, Perfect Guru, then I obtained bliss so easily. ||1|| 

ਜੇਤੀ ਸਿਆਨਪ ਕਰਮ ਹਉ ਕੀਏ ਤੇਤੇ ਬੰਧ ਪਰੇ  
जेती सिआनप करम हउ कीए तेते बंध परे ॥ 
Jeṯī si▫ānap karam ha▫o kī▫e ṯeṯe banḏẖ pare. 
The more clever tricks I tried, the more bonds I was saddled with. 

ਜਉ ਸਾਧੂ ਕਰੁ ਮਸਤਕਿ ਧਰਿਓ ਤਬ ਹਮ ਮੁਕਤ ਭਏ ॥੨॥ 
जउ साधू करु मसतकि धरिओ तब हम मुकत भए ॥२॥ 
Ja▫o sāḏẖū kar masṯak ḏẖari▫o ṯab ham mukaṯ bẖa▫e. ||2|| 
When the Holy Saint placed His Hand upon my forehead, then I was liberated. ||2|| 

ਜਉ ਲਉ ਮੇਰੋ ਮੇਰੋ ਕਰਤੋ ਤਉ ਲਉ ਬਿਖੁ ਘੇਰੇ  
जउ लउ मेरो मेरो करतो तउ लउ बिखु घेरे ॥ 
Ja▫o la▫o mero mero karṯo ṯa▫o la▫o bikẖ gẖere. 
As long as I claimed, "Mine, mine!", I was surrounded by wickedness and corruption. 

ਮਨੁ ਤਨੁ ਬੁਧਿ ਅਰਪੀ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਕਉ ਤਬ ਹਮ ਸਹਜਿ ਸੋਏ ॥੩॥ 
मनु तनु बुधि अरपी ठाकुर कउ तब हम सहजि सोए ॥३॥ 
Man ṯan buḏẖ arpī ṯẖākur ka▫o ṯab ham sahj so▫e. ||3|| 
But when I dedicated my mind, body and intellect to my Lord and Master, then I began to sleep in peace. ||3|| 

ਜਉ ਲਉ ਪੋਟ ਉਠਾਈ ਚਲਿਅਉ ਤਉ ਲਉ ਡਾਨ ਭਰੇ  
जउ लउ पोट उठाई चलिअउ तउ लउ डान भरे ॥ 
Ja▫o la▫o pot uṯẖā▫ī cẖali▫a▫o ṯa▫o la▫o dān bẖare. 
As long as I walked along, carrying the load, I continued to pay the fine. 

ਪੋਟ ਡਾਰਿ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਤਉ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਿਰਭਏ ॥੪॥੧॥੧੫੯॥ 
पोट डारि गुरु पूरा मिलिआ तउ नानक निरभए ॥४॥१॥१५९॥ 
Pot dār gur pūrā mili▫ā ṯa▫o Nānak nirbẖa▫e. ||4||1||159|| 
But I threw away that bundle, when I met the Perfect Guru; O Nanak, then I became fearless. ||4||1||159|| 
  • Like 1