For people who have taken amrit and those who are yearing to take amrit...

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

For those who have taken amrit, what age would you recommend taking amrit and what age did you take amrit? For people who are yearning to take amrit please feel free to share any problems etc.

I really want to take amrit and I get emotional whilst listening to kirtan, because my parents aren't allowing me take amrit yet. I feel this ultimate desire inside me to not want to waste my life and take amrit. No-one understands this feeling, I start to get restless because amrit and Vaheguru are all I want in this life. I feel like I am ready to give my head to the Guru. The only thing stopping me is my parents because they say: "You are only 13, you don't know if your mind will change". I say reply back saying: "I will never change my mind, now that I have held onto the charan of Vaheguru I never want to let go." I love Vaheguru so much and I will do anything to join back with Him. It will be a big step for me because I am the eldest child and I will be the first one to take amrit. My 2 younger brothers also want to take amrit but quite late in life. I don't know why I feel this constant urge for amrit. I need amrit in my life and with Maharaaj's Kirpa it will be in a couple of years time.

VJKK VJKF

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yearning for things including amrit is normal.  If you don't yearn for them, they will not near you. This is per the theory of attraction. 

No one has the correct answer for this question except Guru ji. Some will take amrit then fall back in rehat after an year or two. It is the very rare person who will keep it up to the end, in this time of kalyug.

Keep doing ardaas and yearning for it. This is the only way that Guruji is going to pave your way to it. Goid things come to those who wait. Keep practising your rehat meanwhile. 

No human can give you the correct age for amrit. The sahibzadhe remember passed away at a very young age. All happens in Wahegurus hukam.

VJKK VJKF

8 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

Some will take amrit then fall back in rehat after an year or two. It is the very rare person who will keep it up to the end, in this time of kalyug.

With maharaaj's kirpa people who have taken amrit will keep it right to the end. I have a question: What happens in a amrit sanchar? Do you wear your panj kakkars to the amrit sanchar or are you given them by the panj pyare?

VJKK VJKF

Guest Akaaaloooo

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾਵਾਿਹਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ॥

As the gursikh before me has already mentioned that no one can tell you the right age to drink Amrit. But just remember this, it is a commitment for life, and after there’s no going back. People will respect you a lot for taking Amrit at such a young age, however, if you choose a year later that you want to leave Amrit, a lot of the other parents like yours will have an excuse to say to their child wanting to take Amrit that “so and so took Amrit at a young age and left it, you will do the same”

From reading a lot of the recent posts of gursikhs wanting to leave Amrit at around the age of 16 - 18, the best age would be around that period to take Amrit. Also, at around that time you know who you are (sexually). This may seem weird, but you would be suprised to know that I have spoken to many men and women alike, who took Amrit at a young age, only after realising that they were lesbian or gay, and they repeatedly say “I wish I Knew before that I was gay, then I probably wouldn’t have taken Amrit”. 

Amrit is a huge step, in a way, your parents aren’t wrong, 13 is a young age, but if you look back at our history, there have been younger gursikhs. At the end of the day, no one can answer your question apart from you, are you ready? 

I would advise you to start following the rehat now (though you may have), for at least 2 months follow the rehat. Wake up amritvela and read your panj baniya. If you can’t read Gurmukhi, then start going to santhiya now. As an amritdhari, you should be reading bani in Gurmukhi. If you start to follow the rehat now it will be so much easier for you after you take Amrit. 

Do ardas everyday for  maharaj to bless you with Amrit, and don’t give up that ardas. This can be your proof that you are fully committed to take Amrit. Again, I stress follow the rehat now, learn santhiya and shastarvidya. Maharaj didn’t just make us saints they made us soldiers too. What will be the point of wearing a kirpan all the time but not knowing how to use it?

Maharaj kirpa you will take Amrit when you are ready, and never fall off the path. 

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾਵਾਿਹਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ

2 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

With maharaaj's kirpa people who have taken amrit will keep it right to the end. I have a question: What happens in a amrit sanchar? Do you wear your panj kakkars to the amrit sanchar or are you given them by the panj pyare?

VJKK VJKF

WJKK WJFK

It depends on the Gurdwara you take amrit from. They will provide kakkars but always contact them first. I had to go through hell just to find the contact of the gyani and it was a big maze. 

If they don't give the panj kakkars, then yes you buy them or obtain them somehow and go to the amrit sanchar with them on.

A tip is always to buy a kashera just in case or come early because you will get the kakkars first and if they run out then it will be an issue. Everyone takes like 5 kashera's.

The Gurdwara I am taking it from is providing kakkars. If you wish to know more then let me know.

WJKK WJKF

On 10/24/2017 at 3:41 PM, Guest Kaur 2 said:

I need amrit in my life and with Maharaaj's Kirpa it will be in a couple of years time.

No, with maharaj's kirpa it will be done this year or even this month!

You need to show your parents you are ready. Do everything Sikhi related in front of their faces!
Introduce them to the Gurdwara seeing the last they went was probably their Anand Karaj or your Naam Sanskar.

Give them a bit of that magical powder of Sikhi! Show them it's worth something!

Your parents aren't even amritdhari so I don't see how they judge you.

You are a princess, and a daughter of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. 

Do your parents say no to you going to the Gurdwara? If not, tell them to come too. Do it at a special time like when an event is going on. Raag Darbar and Kirtan Darbar is happening this month and next month I believe.

Akhand kirtan really gives me more of a Sikhi feel honestly. 

Good luck and hopefully your parents will stop thinking they are in control of your Sikhi when they are not.

Amrit won't be far away from a good disciple like you. You will encourage and inspire many others once you walk onto the path.

Wjkk Wjkf

The best advice I can give you is not to take amrit immediately. Althumany friends here may not like my views. But try to understand the urge of your mind, mann.

there are three types of vairaag:

1. Nit vairaag:   Is when u dont like everyday worldly stuff rather u like waheguru, simran and bhagti only. But after some time it vanishes. Its kind of mind waves. Its the first stage

example is, like today you read say a video on YouTube that a person is playing a beautiful guitar. After u go away from ur laptop u forget about the YouTube movie. This God’s simran bhagti feeling is for short period of time.

2. Teebar vairaag:  is when you have a great dislike for all worldly stuff and only a little desires left for it. For example, today u want to do simran bhagti only but after 4-5 days you start to get interested again in worldly work. Its good then previous stage though. 

Example is,  if you learn the names of 105 countries with their capital cities and thier respective currencies, it will ne in you mind for  some days or some weeks, but after that u will forget again.

3. Terbartaa vairaag: Its when you understand the reality by heart. ‘Only God is true and everything else is going to end soon or lator.’ Its the good time to take Amrit ( as per my idead) 

example is,  your name is ABC kaur, you are a girl, this is never going to vanish from ur memory. Even if u r eating,sleeping,playing, busy in a marriage ceremony , dancing at a bday party or whatever u do, but u always remember that ur name is ABC kaur and you r a girl.similarly this kind of desire for bhagti never vanishes.

Mann is very clever, sometimes it want us to do simran and another second want us to watch a movie too. so my suggestion is to do ardass and start wearing all kakaars, follow a strict lifestyle just as an Amritdhar person have, but don’t take amrit. Watch your mind waves, watch urself for the above three types of vairaag, watch for it for sometime and then go for amrit. I myself is following this path since 2014, and still preparing to get more and more simran habits. 

The above three types that I explained are paraphrased from an audio cassette of sant ishar singh ji rara sahib, they said in early days we suggest every amrit desiring person to do 2-2.5 hrs of simran everyday for atleast one year.  Think of a train which is stopped and its engine needs to put more force to move it need to move it, nd Think of a train that is already moving slowly , its engine needs only a little work.

It takes some time to adjust kirpan, when u r new kirpan sometimes comes under ur belly or back while sleeping, sometimes ur comb fall on the ground, sometimes u fall down in the bathtub while changing ur kashera when u r new to it, forget to lift one leg first and many other similar habits. so better option is to follow the Amritdharis habits and lifestyle but wait some sometime before you go. After you are fully prepared for the lifestyle and other routine habits then ho for Amrit.  Do it for atleast few months if, and take Amrit may be on vaisakhi, 13 april, or before whenever u feel I r fully okay.

thanks

VJKK VJKF

I have been following the rehat for a year now but I can't wear my kirpan to school. This is the only thing holding me back otherwise  I have been following full rehat with the panj kakkar's for about a month during the 6 week holidays. I spoke to my mum and she said: "I am not stopping you from taking amrit just do it at a later age, maybe when you are 18-19. I told her that I can't wait that long because this is my only desire in life and I have realised that all other worldly works are of no use. This world is false but there is only one sacha marag (True Path). I still need to improve certain aspects of my behaviour such as: Not getting annoyed with my brother etc but I am working on that and my mum has been noticing my recent changes in behaviour. I will keep working on this. Thanks to all of you who have replied to my initial post, I really appreciate it and May God Bless All Of You. Keep living in a chardikala lifestyle!

VJKK VJKF

18 hours ago, monatosingh said:

The Gurdwara I am taking it from is providing kakkars. If you wish to know more then let me know.

What gurdwara are you taking amrit from veerji? Since we both live in Birmngham, I might know which one it is.