Jump to content
Singh2017

Is there any difference between Naam Simran and Reading Bani?

Recommended Posts

VJKK VJKF

Daas has a question and Maharaj kirpa, Waheguru's sangat can help. I have missed out on doing a lot of simran over past few days but Maharaj kirpa I have been replacing that with a lot of paath. Does this paath take the place of that simran that I haven't been doing? I've heard from many people that there is no difference but I haven't had a certain answer of no from anywhere. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Vaheguru Ji. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

Another similar topic was posted a while back:

 

VJKK VJKF

I read that but I didn't really get a clear answer. This was caused me the confusion. 

Vaheguru Ji.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

Daas has a question and Maharaj kirpa, Waheguru's sangat can help. I have missed out on doing a lot of simran over past few days but Maharaj kirpa I have been replacing that with a lot of paath. Does this paath take the place of that simran that I haven't been doing? I've heard from many people that there is no difference but I haven't had a certain answer of no from anywhere. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Vaheguru Ji. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

I read that but I didn't really get a clear answer. This was caused me the confusion. 

Vaheguru Ji.

WJKK WJKF

In my opinion then, naam simran and bani are both different. Bani is required (for all). In amritvela, you only do 1/2 of your amritvela if you only read bani. At least 1 hour of simran is required for the other 1/2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, monatosingh said:

WJKK WJKF

In my opinion then, naam simran and bani are both different. Bani is required (for all). In amritvela, you only do 1/2 of your amritvela if you only read bani. At least 1 hour of simran is required for the other 1/2.

VJKK VJKF

I totally respect your opportunity veerji. But I was thinking if I do my nitnem and then do let's say 10 Japji Sahibs instead of that simran - is there any difference? I personally see it as the same. Just daas' opinion but I don't know anything so I could be very wrong. 

Vaheguru Ji.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

I totally respect your opportunity veerji. But I was thinking if I do my nitnem and then do let's say 10 Japji Sahibs instead of that simran - is there any difference? I personally see it as the same. Just daas' opinion but I don't know anything so I could be very wrong. 

Vaheguru Ji.

Did you listen to the first video I put on? Giani ji talk about what you are asking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

Daas has a question and Maharaj kirpa, Waheguru's sangat can help. I have missed out on doing a lot of simran over past few days but Maharaj kirpa I have been replacing that with a lot of paath. Does this paath take the place of that simran that I haven't been doing? I've heard from many people that there is no difference but I haven't had a certain answer of no from anywhere. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Vaheguru Ji. 

 

May I ask how missed out on doing simran and replaced it with a lot of paath? Did you miss out simran on a number of days and then do lots of paath in one go? Do specifically make time to do paath and simran or do it while completing your day to day tasks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Did you listen to the first video I put on? Giani ji talk about what you are asking. 

VJKK VJKF 

Yes penji - its a really beautiful video. Answered my question I think. 

Vaheguru Ji

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrDoaba said:

May I ask how missed out on doing simran and replaced it with a lot of paath? Did you miss out simran on a number of days and then do lots of paath in one go? Do specifically make time to do paath and simran or do it while completing your day to day tasks?

VJKK VJKF 

Yes - so I recently have been lacking with simran so now I'm just doing many hours of paath instead and aim to continue that even after I catch up with the hours of simran lost. 

Vaheguru Ji. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF 

Yes - so I recently have been lacking with simran so now I'm just doing many hours of paath instead and aim to continue that even after I catch up with the hours of simran lost. 

Vaheguru Ji. 

 

Is there something in particular preventing you from doing simran when you would normally do it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrDoaba said:

Is there something in particular preventing you from doing simran when you would normally do it?

VJKK VJKF 

I've tried really hard and long to try and connect with simran but I don't really feel any connection but reading bani makes me feel a bit more. 

Vaheguru Ji.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see. I think it's quite common to feel this way. Doing more paath to make up for the lost simran is fine in theory, usually it's the other way around - people doing more simran to make up for lost paath. If you're having trouble concentrating try breaking your simran up into segments, I'm sure 10mins of simran given your full concentration is worth more than one hour without.

Also take into consideration how essential simran is - Gurbani talks about Naam, the infinite greatness of it, and that without it there is nothing. Through Gurbani the value of Naam Simran will become apparent and you will feel that connection. You're already well on your on way with this.

Naam is the essence of Gurbani and Gurbani is the essence of Naam.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Reading the  Bani and doing Simran are both interrelated. Just as cooking food, and then eating it. 

But if we cook, and then do not eat, how can our hunger for the Truth(Wahiguru) ever be satisfied?

The Bani is nothing, but the mahanta, the praises of Wahiguru and Naam as His essence, His real form.

In order to become one with Him,one has to dissolve oneself, one has to cease existing, then only He is, and we are not.

And this brother, can only happen when we engage in His bhakti only through His Simran.

That is why the Bani says: Jin Har japeeya se Har hoeeya. 

This is the only objective of us as human beings : Wahiguru Akal Purukh, through His contemplation, His Dhyan in our chit.

Futher on the bani also says: Prabh kay simran dargah manni

In His Court/Darbar, His Simran is accepted, as per means of true devotion, sewa, bhakti.

Sat Sree Akal.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • hey are u the same SheikhYoBooty ?
    • You are right in this respect, I guess I was referring to both the native Pakistanis and the diaspora. I have observed this internal debate between Pakistani Sunnis and Wahabis at close quarters, and honestly it turns into a p!ssing match. Who is the real Sunni and who is the fake - the traditionalists insist they are "real Sunnis", very sufi-centric and not overly fanatic, these people are usually die hard supporters of General Musharraf and defend the Laal Mosque incident with their lives. Here in the UK it goes beyond this, with both groups even refusing to pray Namaz behind eachothers Imams/Maulvis. The Deobandi/W@habi types obviously slam the others for following non-Islamic traditions, and they are gaining huge support. If I remember correctly the slogan is something like: Deoband Deoband, nirra gandh nirra gandh.   In many ways, it's not too different between the splits we have over ideology in Sikhi. Again this is probably more prevalent in the west. Probably. Kurban, Kurbani are both mentioned in Gurbani. We say it in the Ardas everyday: "Gurdwaraiyan di seva layi kurbaaniyan kityaan"
    • Well I live in Pakistan and i never came across someone wearing Jubba.But i can't speak for overseas Pakistanis.
    • CCTV camera has clear evidence for UK Sikh MPs to demand release to investigate closeup view. Jaggi mom in law said his passport was demanded prior to arrest as mine was for email to indian embassy, asking why they commit atrocities. $ is what causing blind justice to VERY OBVIOUS CRIMES by rss modi aka congress...$$$$ rules world better than virtues...but in God reign, NAAM LAHA RULES AND WILL OVERCOME ALL...SLOWLY BUT >>SURELY<<
    • Guest Kaur 2
      VJKK VJKF Does anyone have a link that I could use to listen to a sehaj paath of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji? Bhull Chuk Maaf VJKK VJKF
×