Is there any difference between Naam Simran and Reading Bani?

Singh2017

VJKK VJKF

Daas has a question and Maharaj kirpa, Waheguru's sangat can help. I have missed out on doing a lot of simran over past few days but Maharaj kirpa I have been replacing that with a lot of paath. Does this paath take the place of that simran that I haven't been doing? I've heard from many people that there is no difference but I haven't had a certain answer of no from anywhere. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Vaheguru Ji. 

2 hours ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

Daas has a question and Maharaj kirpa, Waheguru's sangat can help. I have missed out on doing a lot of simran over past few days but Maharaj kirpa I have been replacing that with a lot of paath. Does this paath take the place of that simran that I haven't been doing? I've heard from many people that there is no difference but I haven't had a certain answer of no from anywhere. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Vaheguru Ji. 

1 hour ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

I read that but I didn't really get a clear answer. This was caused me the confusion. 

Vaheguru Ji.

WJKK WJKF

In my opinion then, naam simran and bani are both different. Bani is required (for all). In amritvela, you only do 1/2 of your amritvela if you only read bani. At least 1 hour of simran is required for the other 1/2.

8 hours ago, monatosingh said:

WJKK WJKF

In my opinion then, naam simran and bani are both different. Bani is required (for all). In amritvela, you only do 1/2 of your amritvela if you only read bani. At least 1 hour of simran is required for the other 1/2.

VJKK VJKF

I totally respect your opportunity veerji. But I was thinking if I do my nitnem and then do let's say 10 Japji Sahibs instead of that simran - is there any difference? I personally see it as the same. Just daas' opinion but I don't know anything so I could be very wrong. 

Vaheguru Ji.

24 minutes ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

I totally respect your opportunity veerji. But I was thinking if I do my nitnem and then do let's say 10 Japji Sahibs instead of that simran - is there any difference? I personally see it as the same. Just daas' opinion but I don't know anything so I could be very wrong. 

Vaheguru Ji.

Did you listen to the first video I put on? Giani ji talk about what you are asking. 

10 hours ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

Vaheguru Ji. 

May I ask how missed out on doing simran and replaced it with a lot of paath? Did you miss out simran on a number of days and then do lots of paath in one go? Do specifically make time to do paath and simran or do it while completing your day to day tasks?