Guest Punjabi

Is Punjab for Sikhs?

Guest Punjabi

What gives Sikhs the right to Punjab? Christians Hindus Muslims etc also live in Punjab and view Punjab as their motherland also.  I agree Punjab is the homeland of Sikhs but it doesn't mean Sikhs own Punjab just because they are in majority. If that's the case then Christians own the world! Before you bring up the India for Hindus and Pakistan for Muslims argument. India is a secular country. Sikhs are a very small minority in the country , yet there was a Sikh prime minister showing India is also the land of opportunity for Sikhs as well as Hindus Muslims Christians etc.

We don’t need your pity my brother. Yes we were the minority (only 2%) and yet Sikhs were 80% of shaheeds for the 1947 independence. Go learn the actual history from real historians. Yes we don’t need to claim Punjab but yet the whole freaking country. secular India = where life of cow is more important than a human 🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SMH. Guest punjabi you're so far from reality. I don't even know where to begin. Sikh prime minister... Land of opportunity... Jeez Louise.

• Like 1

On 24/10/2017 at 11:05 AM, Guest Punjabi said:

What gives Sikhs the right to Punjab? Christians Hindus Muslims etc also live in Punjab and view Punjab as their motherland also.  I agree Punjab is the homeland of Sikhs but it doesn't mean Sikhs own Punjab just because they are in majority. If that's the case then Christians own the world! Before you bring up the India for Hindus and Pakistan for Muslims argument. India is a secular country. Sikhs are a very small minority in the country , yet there was a Sikh prime minister showing India is also the land of opportunity for Sikhs as well as Hindus Muslims Christians etc.

haha ha if you're punjabi , modi is the pope....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 24/10/2017 at 11:05 AM, Guest Punjabi said:

Who asked for your opinion? 

Sikhs had a Prime Minister because we punch above our weight. 

No, India in reality is a Hindu country not secular 

Horrible analogy. We have split ourselves on national/religious/ethnic lines, so Christians being the largest religion is irrelevant. Simple fact for why Sikhs claim Punjab as their own, we are the last and only native Punjabi group to have had controlled the region. We want it back now. However, an Punjabi regardless of faith could be a citizen. 

Why did in 46/47 Hindus go "ABC land" is ours, and Muslims day "xyz land" is ours? Why didn't they say "this entire reigon should be shared equally by us all?" It was ok to split and take land when it was you turn, but now that concept is suddenly no good?

Edited by KhoonKaBadlaKhoon

The simple fact is that Muslims were 53.3% of the population of Punjab  in 1941 and the Hindus were 29.1% and the Sikhs were 14.91%.

In 1947 the Muslims took 58% ( 207,400 sq km) of the Punjab as a part of their Pakistan.

In 1966 the Hindus took 27.92% ( 99,885 sq km) of the area of pre-partition Punjab as their Haryana and Himachal Pradesh.

This has left the present Punjab which is 14.01% of the area of the pre-partition Punjab.

So in answer to your question, yes the Punjab does BELONG to the Sikhs as this is the area that they are entitled to even though it is slightly less than the Sikh share of the population of pre-partition Punjab. 

• Like 1

India is indeed a secular nation but is not true secular nation as it should be  this is mainly thanks to BJP/Congress and RSS. Like i said before  hate  the government not the nation. BJP/RSS want to archive Hindu rasta(i think thats what its called) which would be Hindu nation with different  national flag to the  current India flag to resemble the non Secular Hindu nation.  Now would that work , hell no because Hindu's  across India  would not function as one  as they many different types of Hindu's wth different beliefs not to mention the cast system which come into play big time in Hindu rasta. You would then end up with each cast wanting more rights and in the end more nations would be created within Hindu Rasta like Bharminstan, Rajputsthan etc. 

Nepal is Hindu nation yet the dont like India.  Trinidad and Tabgo has huge  Hindu population and those Hindu's hate the Indian government. Hindu's are far from  a united faith like Sikhs are . There is too much division and divide. 

As for Sikhs in India I agree that Sikhs have had raw deal in India and have been mistreated which is a shame as Sikhs have contributed    alot to India pre and post independence. The whole of India belongs to Sikhs and not just Punjab. India belongs to the people of India. I would like to see  India as true secular  nation   which welcomes all faiths and nationalities of different backgrounds . 

Many  African students get beaten up in India including Punjab  which tells you the mindset of the people of India which needs to change if India  is to to become a modern  developed nation. Look at how the  the UK /Canada /USA. function.  Its welcoming to all and look at contribution non whites have made the economy especially Punjab's. If the UK govt and  the majority of its people had the mindset of UK is for whites only then the UK economy would not be as strong as it is today. With diversity there is power. 

Sikhism is about equality for all this is why the Sikh Empire was soo successful. it was Sikh nation but every faith belonged  to the  nation and pulled together as one. . Sikhs were a minority in the Sikh Empire aswell. So your question is Punjab for Sikhs . To answer your question no. its not only  Sikhs , its not only for Hindu's, Not only for Brown skin people. Its for the People of Punjab irrespective of Faith and Skin colour.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

How come everyone is missing the elephant in room? 

This guy is most likely the same as the other 2 posters who keep whining abt hindu sikh divide. He's most likely some rss/bjp agent or at least someone passionate abt hindutva. 

In a few months he's created multiple threads. 

Its hindus dream of conquering Punjab and giving it a hindu cm. That would be ultimate slap to sikh sovereignty. But from thereon, they would proceed to hinduize sikhi even further, including conquest of harmandar sahib and other centers of sikhism. 

This is ultimate dream of rss. 

Beware guys. Where are the admins man?!! How come such posters hv increased in recent weeks. 

Edited by AjeetSinghPunjabi

2 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

How come everyone is missing the elephant in room? 

This guy is most likely the same as the other 2 posters who keep whining abt hindu sikh divide. He's most likely some rss/bjp agent or at least someone passionate abt hindutva. 

In a few months he's created multiple threads. 

Its hindus dream of conquering Punjab and giving it a hindu cm. That would be ultimate slap to sikh sovereignty. But from thereon, they would proceed to hinduize sikhi even further, including conquest of harmandar sahib and other centers of sikhism. 

This is ultimate dream of rss. 

Beware guys. Where are the admins man?!! How come such posters hv increased in recent weeks. 

Paji, a note had been made on the other thread. 

7 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Paji, a note had been made on the other thread. 

Yes just noticed. Glad these serpents are revealing their true face. 

Sikhs also built North Western Frontier Province and the Musle massacred thousands of Sikhs (entire populations) in Thoha Khalsa region months before partition. Sikhs deserve a place where Sikhi is promoted/protected and loosely Punjabi language and culture is preserved. Whether within the state or out.

We should be focusing on birth rates, Sikh parchaar and accommodating those who truly want to come into Sikhi by institution building on level in Punjab right now. Numbers and organization is important.