Sant jarnail Singh khalsa

I think not many people know this but Sant Ji was actually a mahapurakh. Many baba's will just call themselves a sant nowadays like it's a normal thing but Sant Jarnail Ji really were a sant - one of the highest of the highest sants. Just off the top of my head - i think their ustaad said to them okay go and learn Asa Di Vaar and don't even think about coming back until you've memorised the whole bani. Sangat Ji, so great a sant was Jarnail Singh Ji that they came back the very next day. Forgive me for mistakes I must've made in that but the main essence of the story was portrayed. Killing or harming or doing nindiya of any sant is wrong upon wrong. 

On 10/24/2017 at 7:12 PM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

most ppl here in india, esp the right wing think he was created by the congress (indira gandhi) to counter the strong akalis in punjab. 

As akalis were weilding the sword of religiousness and having a mass influence on sikhs in punjab, she wanted to create an alternate strong sikh she could get to campaign for congress.

ofcourse I say this with no certainty as I am not aware of reality 

I actually stumbled upon some material related to this particular perception that the Sant was created by the Congress. I also interviewed some people, informally, in regards to this matter as well, here's what I received:

The Congress desired a charismatic figurehead who could split the Akalis as much as the charlatan Fateh Singh had done when he and the foolish Tara Singh had confronted each other. 

The Congress through the wily manipulation of the media directed more attention towards the Sant rather than the Akalis and built up his image as the prime leader of the Sikhs. The overall plan was to wean him away from the Akalis and leave them in the lurch- they would be politically impotent and also fallen in the eyes of the Sikhs (not that they were ever high to start with).

Giani Zail Singh already had Santa Singh Nihang in his hands, but the Budha-Dal chief was not that charismatic and was also myopic in that that he perceived all matters to be Nihang vs. Akali/SGPC conflict. He was not above aligning himself with the Akalis at time as well- often in land disputes he acted as an enforcer and took over the disputed land with Akali blessings. 

The first time the Sant was accused of being a Congress agent was during the SGPC elections. The Sant supported Bhai Amrik Singh who, in turn, was running against Jiwan Singh Umranagal. 

'The second-class treatment of the Sikhs, in the greater Indian union, and the ennui of their politicians made the Sikhs ripe for a varied leadership. Sant Jarnail Singh would move to occupy this vacuum when, in 1979, he would canvass for Bhai Amrik Singh in the 1979 S.G.P.C elections. Contrary to the popular claim that he was spearheading a religio-political campaign for the then Congress regime, the Sant was instead occupied in attempting to revise the very matrix of post-colonial Sikh politics. Amrik Singh, the son of Kartar Singh and president of the A.I.S.S.F, squared off against the veteran Jiwan Singh Umranagal. (4) As per the S.G.P.C’s own constitution, no non-Sikhs were to be allowed to either participate in or vote in the elections. With the Sant on his side it seemed, to spectators at least, that Amrik Singh’s victory was inevitable. Umranagal, an adroit tactician, though would have the last say on the matter. Perceiving the advantages which Amrik Singh held over him, Umranagal would acquire the blessings of both the Akalis and the S.G.P.C in rigging the election with the aid of Nirankari and Radha Soami voters. (5) Come election day, he would gain a landslide win over the dismayed Amrik Singh.'

https://tisarpanthdotcom.wordpress.com/2016/12/23/friends-and-foes/

To derail the AISSF, Umranagal employed the Congress Card alleging that Amrik Singh was a Congress agent and would nationalize Sikh religious affairs if given a victory over him. Regarding the Nirnakaris, the true head of the mission was Dr. Mann Singh Nirankari (d. 2008 I think); his father had submitted to the Akal Takhat and proclaimed the end of the Nirankari mission- political elements and the Dayal family (Ranjit Dayal's family) however had trussed up one Gurbachan Singh against Dr. Mann Singh. The doctor also wrote a book on his struggle to gain justice through the Indian judiciary against Gurbachna and his predecessors who had corrupted his ancestral repute. 

The second time he would be accused of being a Congress agent was by Sucha Singh Chotepur, Badal and Umranagal. They would pen a letter in the Ajit citing they had evidence against him and would present it at the Sri Akal Takhat. On D-day, not one of them showed up with this evidence; asked subsequently as to why, the trio beat a hasty retreat.

The third time was immediately after the second, this time it was by Longowal. 

It must be remembered that Jiwan Singh, as a Punjab cabinet minister, had granted the Nirankaris permission to hold their samagam in Amritsar which resulted in the martyrdom of 13 Sikhs (I have collated several eyewitness accounts at home and will post them up soon); Sant Jarnail Singh had gone to Manji Sahib that day and interrupted Umranagal's so-called sangat darshan to request him for aid against the Nirankaris who were threatening to set alight a Bir Sahib right in Amritsar. In front of at least 12,000 people (I emphasize here again that this is straight from an eyewitness) Umranagal initially ignored him and after pressure from the sangat snapped out that he could do nothing. After the massacre he hurried back into the Gurughar and began lambasting the Sant saying that he had attacked the Nirankaris when the Sant wasn't even at the locus of the clash to begin with!

28 minutes ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

Monato bro I agree what Sant ji said about listening to Baba Thakur Singh, but I dont believe along with the hardcore evidence out there and what Sant Jis character was like that he would be hiding for 33 years, esp during the time of operation woodrose, black thunder or the state of the Kaum now. Sant Ji is alive in presence, every panthic morcha whether it was Rajoana, against sirsa sadh, against shiv senna, Sant ji is the inspiration, his tshirts are worn and slogans are shouted in his name... so yeah he is in chardi kala but definately not in a physical form hiding in pakistan or china (as been mentioned over the years).

If I recall correctly, the prominent martyrs of Kharkoo Jathebandis called him a martyr. Are they liars then? 

12 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

look to history 1950s we refused to sign the constitution  as the INC reneged on their promises and tried to rewrite our faith as a sideshoot of hinduism  this protest was ignored in 1951 and to show we were ghulam Nehru sent army in to Harmandir sahib 1955 and killed over 200 sikhs .

operation Blue Star then

black Thunder

The Akal-Takhat embodies the supremacy of the Khalsa Panth over all earthly states; that is why it is repeatedly attacked:

https://tisarpanthdotcom.wordpress.com/2017/08/06/of-miri-and-piri/

On 10/24/2017 at 2:15 PM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I wonder , What would indira gandhi get by attacking darbar sahib except arrest Sant bhindrawale.

I mean , did she really plan to destroy harmandar sahib . what was the plan really ? Anti sikh , or merely anti Bhindrawale and anti-"so-called terrorist" 

Indira had very well planned the attack on Harmandar Sahib not because of Sant ji only but to teach sikh minority a lesson for asking Sikh rights and equality from Indian Govt.