Whole Family Against Me Doing Bhagti - help

Singh2017

24 minutes ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

Sangat Ji, just an update it's getting worse than before now. At one point, my mum literally just sat in the car and was like "I'm done with life" and she just wouldn't move the car. I don't know what to do anymore - I can't even communicate with my family now because they try to stop me from this path and when they talk to me about it they can't speak to me about stopping me from sikhi because my family obviously isn't it to sikhi and myself Maharaj has blessed daas with this daath. Long story short, I'm going to see a Sant Ji (Maharaj kirpa) on Thursday and hopefully they can help me with something that will bring peace to this family. Does anyone have any tips on anything I can do now - I've literally exhausted all my options? Does Sant bachan ever fail - I've heard a few people haven't got what they asked for and it wasn't anything that would be deemed wrong as such? 

Vaheguru Ji.

Wjkk wjkf

Are your parents that allergic to Gurbani lol. What has it done to them.

Seriously don't follow your parents. If I listened to my parents when they didn't want me to take amrit I don't know what I could be doing now.

You need to give your parents proof how bani changed lives. 

Maybe lock your parents in a room and play bani on a loud speaker for 24 hours. Just kidding.

Its good you are seeing the Sant because they might have more experience with these issues.

I really hope the best for you Ji. Don't let go of Sikhi or you won't hear the end of it.

Sir jaave ta jaave mera sikhi sidak na jaave

Queer situation to be in. My thoughts are that perhaps there are some dark forces around. These get disturbed when bani is performed. Keep doing it and it is so great your mum wants to listen.  The fruit of bani gets doubled that way. Don't worry its just your family getting used to your new routine. 

When even one person turns to prayer, then  it affects others too. However you know clearly in your mind what the right thing to do is. Guru Nanak Dev jis father was the same.  He worried unnecessarily about what Guru Ji would be doing.  He got Guru Ji married and got him a job as well. However Guruji was never rude to his parents.  He respected them and in return God protected him and lots of miracles happened. 

Do keep up with the right path. Going to see the GP or counsellor might actually benefit you.  I don't even think your mum means it  If she suggests it next time,  just say yes.

You need to become carefree and not think too much into these things that your family are saying.  Keep up the path and one day they will follow your footsteps too. Take along your mum to the guradwara too if she agrees. 

I have heard sometimes it may be the parent going through a lot of pressure,  maybe at work.  Maybe some events have disturbed her. Maybe she is genuinely not feeling mentally balanced.  Hearing gurbani might help her. 

VJKK VJKF

23 hours ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

Sangat Ji, just an update it's getting worse than before now. At one point, my mum literally just sat in the car and was like "I'm done with life" and she just wouldn't move the car. I don't know what to do anymore - I can't even communicate with my family now because they try to stop me from this path and when they talk to me about it they can't speak to me about stopping me from sikhi because my family obviously isn't it to sikhi and myself Maharaj has blessed daas with this daath. Long story short, I'm going to see a Sant Ji (Maharaj kirpa) on Thursday and hopefully they can help me with something that will bring peace to this family. Does anyone have any tips on anything I can do now - I've literally exhausted all my options? Does Sant bachan ever fail - I've heard a few people haven't got what they asked for and it wasn't anything that would be deemed wrong as such? 

Vaheguru Ji.

Are there any reasons as to why your parents would be stopping you from this path? Also it is very good that you are going to see a sant aswell. It will definitely help you. You have been blessed because in gurbani it says:

Har jappay jappai so nao
He whom He inspires to chant will chant His Name
Har gavaiy so har gun gaaho
He whom He inspires to sing will sing His Name. 

Another shabad is:

jo tho praem khaelan kaa chaao |
If you desire to play this game of love with Me,
sir dhar thalee galee maeree aao |
then step onto My Path with your head in hand.
eith maarag pair dhareejai |
When you place your feet on this Path,
sir dheejai kaan n keejai |20|
give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20||

Now that you have stepped on this path, there is no going back. Guru Nanak Dev Ji clearly states in this shabad sir dheejai kaan n keejai |20| give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20||

You need to forget about public opinion and only listen to Guru Ji's hukam. In this process you still have to show respect because she still is your mother. Just carry on doing what your doing and she'll get over it soon, if its getting to her that much then it shows that she's curious and perhaps she wants to try it herself but doesn't know how. Play this game of love with Guru Ji and you have already stepped on this path so walk along it. Don't forget we are warriors aswell.

Bhull Chuk Maaf.

VJKK VJKF

4 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

Your mom is a retard, sorry to say. 

That isn’t a wise thing to say. Just because somebody doesn’t understand Gurbani, doesn’t mean they are evil. He hasn’t said that they insult Gurbani, only that they don’t like his change into becoming an Amritdhari. Let’s face it, if somebody isn’t used to an environment which they have no experience of or have never been near, there will be obstacles.

Like they say: Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future. 

They aren’t letting him do what he wants to, because they can’t see the benefits of it or if it’s the right path. They need education/awareness, not insults. That’s hardly going to bring somebody towards Sikhi, is it? 

Everybody is on their own spiritual journey and God graces them when their time comes. I doubt if some of us are pure and totally without avguns. I can say I’m not that’s for sure. 

5 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

Your mom is a retard, sorry to say. 

VJKK VJKF

I wouldn't say that's an entirely nice thing to say Ji. I don't take things to heart so it's okay. Just in future, some other people may not take it the right way and could retaliate quite badly so just be careful Ji. Sorry if I said anything that may offend you. 

Vaheguru Ji.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤੇ   Daas has very much similar experiences to your parents but also siblings are real barrier in the path towards Living Sikhi. Its definitely hard to do bhagti but not impossible, My parents although from sikh family go to baba and pir jagga etc mandir within our house. Its a shame Sikh parents have lost their cultural identity and further generations are so confused and doubt everything. My parents use to daily talk rubbish about sikhi no end it has become less once you start keeping rehet because they have alot of Agianta. Your parents want you to be attached to them too many insecurities and fulfil their desires. It was the same for Daas alot of Do's and Donts for many years before Sikhi its like your a slave for no minutes of rests even cousins would say. You will never be able to please them or anyone  in any way.  Best advice is to deattach from everyone for some time to concentrate on Sikhi. Let go of television and internet. use it only to better your soul. Put your headphones when your at home in listen to Gurbani, kirtan, katha keep continuing to build your Avesta. When Daas wanted to take khande di pahul parents stopped me before and started saying all sorts its all doubts and illusion. It's great to hear your cherishing your breathes in remembering Vaheguru it does get easier trust me.  From reading all the above sorry if anyone is offended Mata ji has mental health problems of her own, its also her phesli karam and guilt. My mother use to have issues plus sleep paralysis but once Daas started reading Gurbani in his room they didnt happen to her for some time but for someone who doesnt do paat it happened to her one night then Daas gave her a Gutka to recite paat in her room then its was all fine but then she gave up after some time. 

We are all here as your family, Send mata ji audios or videos of kirtan and gurbani panktis so it will help her mind to see more clearer because it seems to be racing around alot with random thoughts. The best cure is to actually get her to recite naam at house create a Dharamsala there. Even better would be for her to come to Guru Sangat and jaap naam daily for 5 - 10 minutes would be great. For a person whose mind use to race around non stop with weird thoughts it definitely works. 

No one can give you full and precise advice to help mata ji the biggest thing a person can do is help themselves. Change can only happen if the individual mind is fully committed. Dont worry so much, respect them and dont become fed up not matter what happens. 

Recently Daas nana passed away everyone took way too long to think and decide on him going to Amrit Sanchar. Daas even tried to tell them it doesnt matter if your unlearned or learned person you can follow Sikhi and reach a superme state after being Amritdhari. He was sehajdhari infected with internal disease. Time took him who knows who is next so Best to live a pure jeevan and be a Khalsa. 

ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮ ਰਹਿਤ ਯਹ ਜਾਨ ਖੰਡੇ ਦੀ ਪਾਹੁਲ ਛਕੈ॥ Recognise the primary/most important rehit is to take Khande Ki Pahul (Amrit).

ਪੀਵਹੁ ਪਾਹੁਲ ਖੰਡੇ ਧਾਰ ਹੋਇ ਜਨਮ ਸੁਹੇਲਾ॥ Drink the nectar of the Double edged sword (Amrit) and your life shall be blissful.

ਕੱਛ ਕੜਾ ਕੰਘਾ ਕਿਰਪਾਨ ਕੇਸ। ਪੰਜ ਕਕਾਰੀ ਰਹਿਤ ਧਾਰੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਵੇਸ। The Kashera, Karra, Kangha, Kirpan and Kes, The Sikh should keep the Rehat of these 5 Kakaars on his body

ਰਹਿਣੀ ਰਹੈ ਸੋਈ ਸਿਖ ਮੇਰਾ । ਉਹ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਮੈੰ ਉਸ ਕਾ ਚੇਰਾ । That Sikh that remains steadfast in upkeeping their Rehat, They are my master and I am their slave.

ਰਹਿਤ ਬਿਨਾ ਨਹਿ ਸਿੱਖ ਕਹਾਵੈ । ਰਹਿਤ ਬਿਨਾੰ ਦਰ ਚੋਟਾੰ ਖਾਵੈ । Without keeping Rehat (discipline prescribed by the Guru) you cannot call yourself a Sikh, without keeping Rehat in the court of God you shall receive punishment.

28 minutes ago, LS93 said:

We are all here as your family, Send mata ji audios or videos of kirtan and gurbani panktis so it will help her mind to see more clearer because it seems to be racing around alot with random thoughts. The best cure is to actually get her to recite naam at house create a Dharamsala there. Even better would be for her to come to Guru Sangat and jaap naam daily for 5 - 10 minutes would be great. For a person whose mind use to race around non stop with weird thoughts it definitely works. 

No one can give you full and precise advice to help mata ji the biggest thing a person can do is help themselves. Change can only happen if the individual mind is fully committed. Dont worry so much, respect them and dont become fed up not matter what happens. 

Good advise, hopefully she will see beyond the materialistic dunia and benefit from her son on the right path.  He may save the whole family from going elsewhere.  Sorry to hear that your family has gone elsewhere. It is hard, when this is going on, as I understand, a member of ours is also like this, and rather than belittling her, I try to let her learn herself, but now and then talk about Sikhi also, so she understands where she's going wrong also for herself, than me trying to force something onto her. Because it's only going to work with humbleness. And besides I've got myself to work on.