Whole Family Against Me Doing Bhagti - help

Singh2017

VJKK VJKF

Do not break your faith in Vaheguru, he will help you. And also you are doing very well because if you can jaap Vaheguru for well over half a day then you are doing very well. Explain to your mum that if you take amrit then your whole family will achieve mukti. I can understand you are going through a really tough stage. We can only help you to a certain extent. Leave the rest to Vaheguru.

VJKK VJKF

2 hours ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF 

I've tried everything nothing seems to be clicking. Mum sent me a text at 3:14 this morning saying I can't sleep. I guess I'll just have to live with it and see what happens in the future. Maharaj Kirpa. 

I think I know what’s going on. I maybe wrong but it’s just a thought, so please don’t take my word for it and forgive me if I’m wrong. 

If nobody has been doing paath in your house before or if Gurbani has not be present, then when it has been started, there are obstacles. This maybe because Gurbani is powerful and depending on different souls, they will react differently. I remember when I first started on this path, I couldn’t stand to hear it. Even if a family member was reciting it elsewhere, I used to not be able to relax. When I persisted, only then things started to calm down. 

Gurbani cleans the environment also, so it will take some time for them to get used to it. Carry on and don’t worry. There maybe obstacle in the way, that you feel like giving up also, but that’s part of the journey. Just relax and do it sehaje sehaje (at a comfortable pace). I think it’s because the household isn’t  used to it, and she maybe getting up as she’s consciously thinking about you waking up at that time. 

In a way, it’s a good thing for her as if she couldn’t sleep at that time , then she should also start doing paath or Simran. 

4 minutes ago, NonExistant said:

If it's because of you waking up and having a bath/shower early in the morning (ishnaan), then don't do it.

Instead of blasting the shower on and making loud noises, just wash your face, hands and feet with cold water quickly. After that, start your nitnem immediately. Walk in quietly to your room so your mom dont wake up.

?

Yep that will wake up others if they’re near the bathroom. Good idea.

Panj ishnan:

4 minutes ago, NonExistant said:

If it's because of you waking up and having a bath/shower early in the morning (ishnaan), then don't do it.

Instead of blasting the shower on and making loud noises, just wash your face, hands and feet with cold water quickly. After that, start your nitnem immediately. Walk in quietly to your room so your mom dont wake up.

?

The shower shouldn't really wake up anyone unless your parents are literally right next to it.

@Singh2017 What does she say when she finds you doing nitnem? I feel sorry for you knowing that there are people who face this. I pretty much faced the same when I wanted to take amrit.

What you could do is listen to paath and read it in your head. I used to get angry when doing nitnem because i didn't want to wake up lol but maharaj's kirpa made me feel better.

I still want to get back to sleep fast though.

WJKK WJKF

1 minute ago, monatosingh said:

The shower shouldn't really wake up anyone unless your parents are literally right next to it.

It does as the noise from it will travel through the walls if the bedrooms are on the other side of the bathroom. 

I’m a light sleeper, and I can hear the shower, sink, toilet from downstairs. A lot of UK houses aren’t that big, and walls are thin, so the slightest noise will be heard especially if asleep, it will feel more louder. Unless you live in a Edwardian or Victorian type house, then it may not be so loud. 

VJKK VJKF

Sangat Ji, thank you for everything I'm still trying to find ways but it seems to just get worse but there's nothing I can do apart from carry on. Seems like this bani really is real if it's having such a massive effect on my life and of those around me. Never going to stop - I don't care what happens. Thank you for helping me and standing by me sangat Ji. Maharaj Kirpa. I don't deserve your help guys but you've blessed me with your darshan through advice and may Maharaj continue to bless you forever more. 

Vaheguru Ji.

On 23/10/2017 at 3:02 PM, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF 

Sangat Ji, Daas is asking for some help. I'm trying to increase my bani and naam (or even just doing the current bani and naam I am being blessed to do) but I can't do any simran or paath with my family having to say something about it. They are constantly telling me to stop and I feel like I have to wait for them to leave the house for do any simran or bani because they're always listening out for me and judging me and making fun of me. They kick up a fuss every time I was to go to the Gurudwara and I want to become Amritdhari soon and I can't hack them constantly not letting me to bhagti. I've done ardaas many times and I always hold faith and it seems like things get worse but that's not the problem because Maharaj doesn't make mistakes so I can accept that but I don't know what I can do. I can't use that as an excuse to not do any naam or bani. I've spoken to them and everything and they just don't care. It makes me want to leave the house and it's destroying my relationships with people at home.

What can I do?

Vaheguru Ji 

Brother Singh2017,

Just hug them, and lovingly tell them, I am blessed by having you as parents and family members, but also, I have a duty towards our/my Heavenly Father Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Tell them that, they/you, can be together for at most 60, 70 or 80 years at most, then what ?

Then, only He is our "palanhaar".

That is why you want to strentghten your relation with Him in this very janam, for you know not, how many countless lives you have been wandering in the different joonees away from Him, so now that He has blessed me with human life, let me do His bhakti as much as possible, without neglecting my duties the least at all.

Tell them, that you are very much thankful to them, for He has chosen them to give you birth as a human being, as a sikh, in this very life, which is not payable anyhow, nor in any way,  for now you can fulfill your bhakti fully, and merge in Him, by His apaar kirpa.

Stay blessed.

Sat sree Akal.

VJKK VJKF

Sangat Ji, just an update it's getting worse than before now. At one point, my mum literally just sat in the car and was like "I'm done with life" and she just wouldn't move the car. I don't know what to do anymore - I can't even communicate with my family now because they try to stop me from this path and when they talk to me about it they can't speak to me about stopping me from sikhi because my family obviously isn't it to sikhi and myself Maharaj has blessed daas with this daath. Long story short, I'm going to see a Sant Ji (Maharaj kirpa) on Thursday and hopefully they can help me with something that will bring peace to this family. Does anyone have any tips on anything I can do now - I've literally exhausted all my options? Does Sant bachan ever fail - I've heard a few people haven't got what they asked for and it wasn't anything that would be deemed wrong as such? 

Vaheguru Ji.