Some interesting facts about raags.

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

You know how raags were there way before the time of the Guru's? Well, you guys know Raag Tilang was actually made by Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji? The Guru's were such great poets and musicians. The Guru's also made something called Mishti Raag which is basically more than one raag in a bani. Wow, I know the Guru's were out of this world. These facts are really inspiring though so I thought I'd share them. Anyone else have any other facts about raag please do share.

VJKK VJKF

21 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

You know how raags were there way before the time of the Guru's? Well, you guys know Raag Tilang was actually made by Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji? The Guru's were such great poets and musicians. The Guru's also made something called Mishti Raag which is basically more than one raag in a bani. Wow, I know the Guru's were out of this world. These facts are really inspiring though so I thought I'd share them. Anyone else have any other facts about raag please do share.

VJKK VJKF

9 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

Bhain ji 

raag jaijaiwanti is specifically made by Guru Teg Bahadur from sorath and Bilaval  raags , is not mentioned in any ancient texts but I had heard a katha a long time back that this raag is heard in upper khands' kirtan

https://www.searchgurbani.com/raags/raag-jaijaiwanti

40 minutes ago, simran345 said:

I’ve deleted the two videos of Raag Jaijaiwanti, as it says they are sung in summer months at night time, so wasn’t sure if it’s ok to put them on. But if you want to search them, they’re on YouTube, Bhai Harjinder Singh  and Bhai Anantvir Singh. 

https://www.searchgurbani.com/raags/raag-jaijaiwanti

they are amritvela raags 1st pehar of day yes can be in summer but it's fine to listen to a shabad in its appropriate raag at other times nothing will happen bad , just you will not go deep into it, I mean most of the time we hear lalum parlum tunes and still Gurbani grabs us

7 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

they are amritvela raags 1st pehar of day yes can be in summer but it's fine to listen to a shabad in its appropriate raag at other times nothing will happen bad , just you will not go deep into it, I mean most of the time we hear lalum parlum tunes and still Gurbani grabs us

Thanks penji, I wasn’t sure what it meant, but thought that maybe they aren’t listened to either out of respect as like you said the about the deep effects not being experienced. I’ve put them back on.