What are Sikh and Hindu Punjabi relations like in 2017

Guest Punjabi Hindu

4 hours ago, Guest Punjabi Hindu said:

Sorry what do u mean by this. The majority of Punjabi Hindus want communal harmony and love between our two communities

What do you think of what Sikhs want ? Bad rift between them or wanted peace between them? What do you think of what Sikh community wants.. 

On 10/22/2017 at 3:57 PM, Guest Punjabi Hindu said:

Hindu Sikh relations in 2017

How are the relations between these two communities

They're good on the surface level, but I don't see much love deep down for each other. Both groups although interact are very segregated from each other. I assume we are diverging exponentially. Both don't really know much about each other's customs and therefore I can only see this cleaving further.

The apt representation of relationship of Hindus and Sikhs is like that of Kauravas and Pandavas.

Hindus = Kurus

Sikhs = Pandavas (5) 

Both were cousins, but kurus always tried to humiliate Pandavas by taking their throne , eating their share of inheritance , and humilating them and their women.

Kurus were more in number and had more power and support of sages and the like , had more resources than Pandavas.

But God was in support of Pandavas and we know how it ended with the kurus.

As kurus did to pandus , so are the Hindus did/ still doing to Sikhs. 

"Muh pe bhaai , peeth peeche kasaai" 

Everyone is aware of RSS agenda.

I believe mahabharat is not an epic of past but of future to come . That would explain why it had weapons resembling modern day nuclear weapons .

Ok lets forget about Hindus and Sikhs for a moment. Hindu nationalist organizations like to make up stuff out of thin air , like "dharmic brotherhood" , a uniting feeling of Indian born religions - Hindus , Sikhs, Buddhists and Jains.

Sikhism is still a child if one looks at religions based on their age, so one should see Hindus interaction with Buddhists and Jains. 

Pushyamitra Shunga, ruler of Shunga empire , who was a brahmin himself ordered the destruction of buddhist monasteries and nalanda and taxila , and rewarded anyone who would come with the head of a buddhist monk.

Jains were massacred similary and their temples destroyed.

So this "dharmic brotherhood" is a farce. Because brahmins can never tolerate anything which challenges their social order of 4 varnas based on Purusha sukta of rig veda.

Having said this I would still say I don't have anything personally against Hindus . I find upanishads marvellous and enticing . I have hindu friends . I am just against hindus showing the middle finger to sikhs in punjab. 

Punjab belongs to Sikhs , this much share atleast the sikhs deserve in this country . The fact that sikhs are being robbed of their distinctive identity and their political power by hindus in RSS and other hindutva organization should be a shame for hindus worldwide.

Don't blame sikhs for the rift in hindus and sikhs. Perhaps do a little introspection .

1 hour ago, TejS said:

They're good on the surface level, but I don't see much love deep down for each other. Both groups although interact are very segregated from each other. I assume we are diverging exponentially. Both don't really know much about each other's customs and therefore I can only see this cleaving further.

The problem is hindus atleast from the RSS and affiliated organizations have a hard time respecting the distinctive identity of indian religions in general and sikhism in particular.

They go with bizzare comments like "you're born from us" to sikhs , buddhists and jains.

AGREED that many of the philosophical and social customs we see in 4 indian religions were originally from Hindu religion, this still doesn't merit the broadening of chest in a disrespectful way.

It is very rude to try to define others. Let them define themselves. I don't' see myself bullying a ravidasia into accepting that he's a sikh sect.

I am just as infurious when a sikh boastfully and disrespectfully claim that hindus are nothing without sikhs saving them.

We need to enjoy our commonalities and respect our differences in opinion , but i don't see that happening from either side.

4 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

The apt representation of relationship of Hindus and Sikhs is like that of Kauravas and Pandavas.

Hindus = Kurus

Sikhs = Pandavas (5) 

Both were cousins, but kurus always tried to humiliate Pandavas by taking their throne , eating their share of inheritance , and humilating them and their women.

Kurus were more in number and had more power and support of sages and the like , had more resources than Pandavas.

But God was in support of Pandavas and we know how it ended with the kurus.

As kurus did to pandus , so are the Hindus did/ still doing to Sikhs. 

"Muh pe bhaai , peeth peeche kasaai" 

Everyone is aware of RSS agenda.

I believe mahabharat is not an epic of past but of future to come . That would explain why it had weapons resembling modern day nuclear weapons .

Ok lets forget about Hindus and Sikhs for a moment. Hindu nationalist organizations like to make up stuff out of thin air , like "dharmic brotherhood" , a uniting feeling of Indian born religions - Hindus , Sikhs, Buddhists and Jains.

Sikhism is still a child if one looks at religions based on their age, so one should see Hindus interaction with Buddhists and Jains. 

Pushyamitra Shunga, ruler of Shunga empire , who was a brahmin himself ordered the destruction of buddhist monasteries and nalanda and taxila , and rewarded anyone who would come with the head of a buddhist monk.

Jains were massacred similary and their temples destroyed.

So this "dharmic brotherhood" is a farce. Because brahmins can never tolerate anything which challenges their social order of 4 varnas based on Purusha sukta of rig veda.

The analogy is so true! Great introspection man.