How can we experience Sikhi and Vaheguru?

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

How can we experience Vaheguru and Sikhi? Guru Ji always tells us about experiencing Vaheguru and that you can experience Sikhi. I know the obvious answer is to do paath. And has anyone actually experienced Vaheguru? I am very interested.

VJKK VJKF

Guest GuestSingh

While simran, paath and kirtan will help us, I believe we, also, need to become more aware of living in and detaching from dubida (duality). Maaiyaa affects most, if not, all of us but if we can learn how to recognise what isn't good for us, meaningless & unhelpful e.g. western culture, tv, music, certain foods, bad company etc. to us over time then we can choose to reject it so we can have more focus and love for Guru ji.

From my experience, trying to live a simple life result in less distractions with more concentration on the name of Waheguru and practicing what Guru ji tells us through Gurbani (paath and kirtan). The world always brings new stresses and pressures so we have to adapt but we should always try to keep our Sikhi strong and not compromise any of it for anyone or anything so we can achieve our purpose in life.

On 22/10/2017 at 2:28 PM, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

How can we experience Vaheguru and Sikhi? Guru Ji always tells us about experiencing Vaheguru and that you can experience Sikhi. I know the obvious answer is to do paath. And has anyone actually experienced Vaheguru? I am very interested.

VJKK VJKF

Pen Jee sat Sree Akal,

Sikhee and Waheguru go hand by hand.

Just as Sikhee is the path, the road,  then Waheguru is the destination,  by treading that path.

There can be different ways to describe your questions according to different people, and all be valid by a sikh.

Just as Bhagat Kabir Jee,  tells us in the following verse from their Bani :

ਜੋ ਜਨ ਗਾਇ ਧਿਆਇ ਜਸੁ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਤਾਸੁ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਹੈ ਥਾਨਾਨਾਂ

Jo Jan Gaae Dhhiaae Jas Thaakur Thaas Prabhoo Hai Thhaanaanaan ||

That humble being, who sings and meditates on the Praises of his Lord and Master, is the dwelling-place of God.

Which means, if we want to manifest Wahiguru within us, and want to keep Him permanently with us, we should sing His praises, His mahima, and meditate by engaing ourselves in His simran.

This in short, is the essence of sikhee.

Sikhee is not to bind us in the creation, but to reunite us with our Creator, Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

That´s it.

Stay blessed.

Sat Sree Akal.